Please delete this thread

Discussion in 'Scroll' started by Windstorm, Aug 10, 2016.

1. Windstorm

Windstorm Glacial Master

Tengu always dislikes my stuff w/o telling me why. No worries.

12characters and BJJFromGJJ like this.
  2. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

I have no idea where to begin and I'm not saying that just to say it, I genuinely mean I have no idea where to start theres so much I'd do differently. I have no idea what this scroll is trying to be so I don't know what to advise. You have too many combos. You have combos that have unnecessarily wonky inputs. You have no combo description. I mean I would like the KPK if the punch input actually threw a punch but that's it really... :oops:

BJJFromGJJ likes this.
  3. Windstorm

Windstorm Glacial Master

gg

Flamekiller likes this.
  4. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

I'm trying to not sound rude or arrogant but I've had a long time to figure this out so if I'm saying I would do something different it's a pretty bad sign especially when it pertains to literally everything in the suggestion. It's whatever tho I can't help someone if they don't want the help.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2016
    BJJFromGJJ likes this.
  5. Windstorm

Windstorm Glacial Master

It's the opposite. I'm listening for opinions and taking in thoughts so I can see what they think. For example...
    Shaolin Snake has 11 combos and no one bats an eye.
    Wonky? You mean uncomfortable. I know that already.
    Previous combo descriptions are in the original thread. I'll add them if the GIFs aren't good enough for you.

No hate man. I just want some valid feedback. If I don't think it's good, I won't dodge it. Rather, I will honestly tell you what I think. Now give me some good feedback like @Gearman

Flamekiller likes this.
  6. Yukoto

Yukoto Well-Known Member

Better animation than Susanoo, INDEED!

7. Windstorm

Windstorm Glacial Master

don't want to because you can't

8. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

Shaolin Snake has 8 combos technically. The PPK/PPPK stance changes are identical in that they both chain after a confirmation punch & both have the exact same combo options. The kG is also listed on it's own for no real reason. That being said no scroll has ever had more than 6 total punch+kick combos and I think theres a reason its been kept that way. Also you aren't taking balance into account when it comes to having all those combos. The more combos you have the weaker they need to be to compensate i.e. Shoot Boxing has 3 combos but they are all meaty. As far as "uncomfortable" combos theres a difference between uncomfortable and convoluted. Kingpin's K(G+K)P is uncomfortable. Baguazhang's PP(G+K) launcher is uncomfortable. This is unnecessary complication purely for the sake of complexity...

9. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

Nice necro. Scroll suggestions arent even a thing anymore.

10. Windstorm

Windstorm Glacial Master

Meh. Can't combat that opinion. Hm.
    I am not listing damages because I'm honestly scared of it being called op. If it's weak/strong, I'll be happy. And I'm glad Asura just got released, because now, I can use it's nanmu as an example of ¿unnecessary complexity?. Even without it, there's no reason to call my combo complex. It's simple to initiate, just like all the others.
    YES, the kG is unsafe alone. NO it doesn't serve any real purpose besides a bluff, groundhit startup, and AoE. I'm completely fine with this scroll, but being that it's my opinion, I'm grateful to receive notes like yours. Anything else I miss?

Last edited: Aug 22, 2016
  11. OchiSama

OchiSama Clean Up Crew

nice stance

12. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

Asura's nanmu actually isn't unnecessary complexity when you understand what it's referencing; Killer Instinct. The PKGPKGKKKP nanmu is 2 around worldc inputs, an auto triple and then you (I think) launch them while giving yourself 10str for 10ish seconds. That level of reward warrants that degree difficulty. Again the nanmu isnt convulted as there is a pattern and purpose to it. Also damages are an important part of critiquing the suggestion because in the end it kinda matters i.e BJJ wouldve been doing more than Kingpin because of all it's grabs and that had to be balanced.

I dont want to breakdown why your combos are bad. Theres so much wrong here that I could make a Trump-sized text wall (imagine if YohDreams was still around...) so I'm gonna try to not. All I'm gonna say is I would start over if you seriously want the devs to give it actual consideration because right now this is destined for the chopping block. If Rekka has a better chance of getting in than an idea it's probably not a good sign for that idea.

13. Windstorm

Windstorm Glacial Master

Hvent been on 4 years but i sstill remember ******* this guy in a ft9 gtfo tengu

14. SoarRF

SoarRF Well-Known Member

Support

Windstorm likes this.
  15. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

Only children take personal offense when someone dislikes/criticizes their work. Art is subjective and not everyone is gonna like everything and part of becoming a better artist is recognizing when your idea isnt as good as you think it is instead of doubling down on your dunning-kruger syndrome rooted perspective.

Also I dont ft9 so thats a flat out lie lol people who think ft9 is a show of skill can only play 1 stage without exos but whatever helps you sleep at night.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2020
  16. KanekiKen12

KanekiKen12 Member

Support gg

Windstorm likes this.
  17. Windstorm

Windstorm Glacial Master

bump

18. Windstorm

Windstorm Glacial Master

rip

Flamekiller likes this.
  19. Windstorm

Windstorm Glacial Master

Read it already but I didn't respond yet.
    This is pretty much deja vu (same comment for my first attempt ; Lost Child), yet it doesn't hurt to try. I'll put the damages out if anyone asks for them.

Flamekiller likes this.