Notice New and Improved Resource UI

Discussion in 'Game Guides and Tips' started by [GM]Ahri, Sep 13, 2016.

1. [GM]Ahri

[GM]Ahri RedFox Games Staff Member

Resource UI Improvements
    • You can view collected materials through a larger window and identify the areas, NPC, content collection, and exchange information at a glance.
    • Use the "F11" key on your keyboard to quickly open and close the Resource window.
    • You can now instantly proceed all Trades using the improved Resource UI Window.
      • You no longer need to visit an NPC for trade!
    • The designated maps can identify resource NPC
      • The selected NPC can be identified via UI window instantly.
      • The text will turn "Yellow" when there is a trade available.

Example_1.PNG

Clicking on the question mark located on the magnifying glass will bring up all exchangeable trade for that item.

magnifying glass tool.png

All exchangeable items will appear on the "Trade List” when you click the “Exchangeable Item Search” button located on the top-right of its Trade List window.

Example_2.PNG

UI Description
    • Map Selection: Select the map to find a material collection NPC
    • NPC List: Available collection NPC list will appear
    • Trade List: Resource List of NPC selected from the NPC List will appear.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2017
    ocean67, N0LYF3, ZvnZ and 6 others like this.
  2. Victorion

Victorion Active Member

I am very excited for this implementation.
    Coming back to this game after many years break. I found that that there are too many collection (especially useless ones) and it´s even with some effort, it´s confusing, in-effecient and therefore not attractive.
    I am really hoping this upgrade will make it alot easier to complete collections and give you a better idea of what items to trash and what to keep.

I´d love if we got some of the (useless) collections removed as well.

Even more so. I would looooove the implementation of a better drop system.
    The idea is simply that you´d have a filter to hide certain drops from being seen and being picked up.
    It would make grind more fun and I´d spend less time on trying to pickup an item buried in a stack of other items - sometimes forcing me to pickup items that I don´t even want. It´s timeconsuming and an annoyance.

The easy way, would be to increase the bagsizes hugely - so we could just pickup everything and care less about bagspace issues.

ocean67 likes this.
  3. Zukee

Zukee Active Member

no

p.s we have many bugs as it is,dont need more.

ocean67 likes this.
  4. hillbenji

hillbenji New Member

:)

ocean67 likes this.
  5. mplustravel

mplustravel Active Member

ocean67 and dixbutts like this.
  6. ThatHurt62

ThatHurt62 Member

Hey guys what on earth is this all about , most of the player base speaks English or at least understand English and yet GM Arhi post info about this in Korean what use is this to anyone apart from those players that actually speak Korean, so come on GM Ahri if your going to post infor like this for the players at least post it in english

ocean67, viloo and Kiriko91 like this.
  7. Victorion

Victorion Active Member

Holy moly... whats with the negativity?!?!
    It's a great things with new things to come. Even if we have to wait a little bit for translation. No need to expect the worst from the beginning.

ocean67 likes this.
  8. TresBeau

TresBeau New Member

I'm pretty sure it's cause the screenshot is taken from the Korean version.
    This means it has yet to be implemented in English (and even if they tried setting it to English most of it would be blank).
    Although, I agree with you that it would nice.

ocean67 likes this.
  9. Neozeus

Neozeus Member

I have one word for this - "Photoshop". Just Mask the Korean text with English using the same background. Because there's really no point of such screen shot if people can't understand it. GM may as well just post the regular text explaining the features will be more useful to us.

ocean67 likes this.
  10. Kiriko91

Kiriko91 New Member

why dont you speak Korean , everyone should you NUB XD... but serious we shouldnt worry about this the way the game is going it will be long dead before we see anything like this come to our server in english. all we can do is hope and pray that the GM's find a decent solution for the dramtic loss in player activity and bring this game back to life. that is if they even care about the community of which they have created ??? AHRI care to comment >?

ocean67 and Vrangsinn like this.
  11. dixbutts

dixbutts Well-Known Member

The problem is the game design, and how it's completely revolved around spending money to progress. Playing this game to be competitive in any way at all is a complete waste of time. They've removed the boxes that drop refined weapons and slapped them in an RNG box available only through the Cash Shop. The only way to get yourself the best gear in the game is through the Cash Shop and RNG with Dragon's Blood, Dragon's Scales/Tears, and +1/+2 scrolls. Fighting over end game relics is impossible for a majority of people who's life doesn't revolve around playing this game 24/7 or are unwilling to spend hundreds. If another player out gears you, then you can only dream of ever out-damaging them on a boss. The loot system is unfair and gives only the player with the highest damage ( highest spender ) the drops, in turn making them even stronger and richer.

I mean, just look at this guy - . He's got nearly 3 stacks of KG and over 1000 con. Having 63,256 HP without full buffs/pills, what would be the point in ever even attempting to PvP someone like that?

Imagine being a new player coming into this game at its current state with nothing, and unwilling or incapable to spend a dime. Unless you're gifted items from another player, you will barely if at all be able to afford anything with the current economy. How will a player afford a second hand GL/H/PS weapon when it costs 100m+ gold? That's just for a weapon, not even clothes, relics, ornaments, or decos. There aren't any good refined starter/returning gift weapons anymore, and until you reach Tibet you are making chump change from weapon drops in comparison. Not to mention that obtaining another set of clothes, or a second weapon for different combinations of ornaments is even more of a nightmare.

ocean67, Mihaita and balb1n0 like this.
  12. FuriaAlba

FuriaAlba Well-Known Member

Yeah, some changes they made are unecesary, specially regarding Item Mall not being tradable and no more eternity bags and changing the decos isn't really nice either. A good thing was making banners craftable from regular items from mobs (KJ soul beads still a problem I guess?) For a new player I can see the strugle, for some old player probably not that much. Even if they would come unrefined they should make war spirit boxes drop from regular mobs, that would help every new player, no reason making them drop from dungeon boxes.
    I restarted playing 9dragons again since I kinda got bored playing PS 2 but I find the curent gold supply good.

ocean67 likes this.
  13. TresBeau

TresBeau New Member

So you want a giant group of boxes cluttering the photo probably impacting what we see.
    My opinion, leave it as it is.

ocean67 likes this.
  14. Neozeus

Neozeus Member

Lamo. But no, seems like you never heard about realistic mock-ups ;)
    Here is eg. of what i meant.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 20, 2016
    ocean67 likes this.
  15. [GM]Ahri

Here you go:

upload_2016-9-20_13-10-45.png

ocean67, Neozeus and hillbenji like this.
  16. Neozeus

Neozeus Member

Kudos Ahri, & thanks. Any tentative dates around which this will be implemented ?

ocean67 likes this.
  17. [GM]Ahri

upload_2016-9-22_15-30-5.png
    Do you like the improvement done to the magnifying glass?

ocean67 and ReportJinxPlease like this.
  18. [GM]Ahri

We do not have an official date yet, but we are almost done with testing.

19. Zukee

Zukee Active Member

GM Ahri will we get 2/3x xp event this weekend?:D

20. Dreen

Dreen Active Member

+1 on the exp event and also to reply to some of you that say it's impossible if you're not a spender or your life doesn't completely revolve around the game it's still possible for you to be OP. Because look i've been playing since Acclaim and i've done the samething from 2006 until now. I make one character strictly PvE well hidden and numerous other characters for pvp. I've learned that the true way to master this game is through level and friendship. So as you say the highest spender out damages everyone in most cases that's true but that's the beauty of MMORPGs you have the ability to come together and make each other better. So say for example that high spender guys has all the good stuff and good gear but he doesn't know how to use it and you do... Team up together teach him or her and in return get that person to help you. You notice if you're Elemental Crown you can't solo icy dungeon for the Icy Epi can you? you need a Tanker and in most cases a finisher you team up with people. I've seen spenders lose to people who know what they're doing or are smarter. The beauty of this game is while yes you can rush buy spending real dollars or whatever but you can easily move up fast and through the ranks with consistency. I make and delete characters often however i have one toon that i've had since feburary that i will keep until the end of RF's contract and even though i dont spend on it much it's still really strong because whatever new items or upgrades i can get for it i add to it. I know i'm all over the place but bottom line it's about connections just like in the real world. If my Best friend's Dad is a big corporate wig i can get a job easily because i got the connects if not it's going to be a lot harder understand? There's a way to get everything you want. Various ways

ocean67 likes this.