To those who share my disappointment in losing the contest.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Prizmo, Nov 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Prizmo

Prizmo Well-Known Member

First and foremost, allow me to congratulate those who've participated and who won the events. It took bravery to post your suggested item knowing the 50/50 chance of being rejected. Furthermore, I'd like to thank @[GM]Gourdy for this opportunity.

As for my opinion on the whole event and the results, I'm understandably upset but at the same time I'm glad. I am upset for more than one reason: because my own suggestion did not make it, because people who didn't even have a thread muchless a poll won, and Gourdy specifically said 3 winners total would be chosen, however a total of 10 winners were not to mention there were 10 people who won the scroll design contest but only 2 people won the exo design contest which I find extremely disappointing. As Shana said, this goes to show that supporters and polls don't/didn't mean a thing, or not too much in this case. I am glad however that 10 scroll suggestions were picked because this means NimoniX really considered a lot of people and they had a hard time choosing the winners. This can only mean that there will be another contest.

So what does this mean for the people who weren't picked?
    Should you give up? No.
    Did you not work hard enough? Maybe, maybe not.
    Does this mean those who bashed/spoke down to your item were right? No.
    Should you quit the game? Absolutely not.

Yes, if you weren't chosen this should bother you, because you're human. You're going to want to know why.
    BUT..

What this simply means is that we now need to work together as artists to see what it truly is that NimoniX wants. No guesses, no vertical theories, a guideline. Let's analyze together why some of us were chosen, and why some of us weren't. But please, let's do it in a civilized manner. There shouldn't be a "my suggestion was better than yours" type of mentality, that gets us no where as a community. Let us work together so that there won't be so much disappointment in the future.

- Prizmo

Last edited: Nov 8, 2016
    Negrosaki, ahakasha, tamirtov and 5 others like this.
  2. Shana

Shana Creator of Heartseeker, SF, IAS, BD & CC

From viewing winning entries that didn't have any GIFs at all, it's safe to say that having GIFs is not extremely important, but it's still very helpful for the devs to understand the combos

Clearly having a thread doesn't have any advantages, and the support count too

A lot of the winning entries are also incredibly visual, and a lot of them use a spreadsheet (which is why it was asked for originally)

Everything else tbh does not matter much, since the properties are up to the devs

It's mostly visual, and visual is key (the devs are not 100% fluent with english so visual helps out a lot)

Last edited: Nov 11, 2016
  3. Shana

Shana Creator of Heartseeker, SF, IAS, BD & CC

And the most important thing is if the dev understands how the scroll works
    I think complexity in scrolls is going to have a disadvantage because of this

If a creator would make a complex scroll, it is important for it to be easy for the devs to understand

Some movements in certain pictures would be interpreted in so many ways, which is why sometimes adding certain things to help the animations make sense (arrows to indicate how the scroll moves, buttons to show which attack is which, and this is the reason why GIFs are appreciated in most cases).

I strongly recommend using GIFs if there's patience to learn how to utilize it

If a creator doesn't know how to use GIFs, or doesn't want to learn how to make them, then they should use detailed pictures/videos instead.

The spreadsheet only required a still-image of an attack, and if the creators are able to show that the most visually as possible, then they can forget about GIFs.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2016
    tamirtov, Prizmo and CloudyChains like this.
  4. tinythe

tinythe Well-Known Member

nobody's suggestions are better than others because tengu made every suggestion

5. xSanta17

xSanta17 Splitter

if tengu gives u one suggestion / minor change and u listen to him he is co creator
    LMFAO
    LIKE SRSLY
    ily tengu but u know its true

6. tinythe

i' was gonna share my uber secrets to getting everything implemented but i keep procrastinating so you will never know

the first and most important uber secret is summed up by what shanaa said

tamirtov, BJJFromGJJ and Shana like this.
  7. notFrostwich

notFrostwich New Member

lets see what i got from this

Should you give up? Yes.
    Did you not work hard enough? Definitely not.
    Does this mean those who bashed/spoke down to your item were right? Hell no.
    Should you quit the game? Absolutely.

8. HumoLoco

HumoLoco Clean Up Crew

You know what?

The ****.

If they choose 10 winners then they have to give a ******* reason why they choose? They just picked it without give us a ******* reason.

example:
    If Humo picked @Shana - Heartseeker , @Tengu - Savate, @xSanta17 - Splitter , and @Kayden - The Typhoon Armor
    then why did i picked?
    Heartseeker is because its another ******* shoot boxing.

Savate because niga advert us too much like he being a crybaby *****.

Splitter because i found some **** ugly teleport and we can try implement. o and i picked one exo because **** you.

Typhoon armor because we are going to make money since he asked it for ******* boxed.

This is what i wanted why nimonix choose 10 winners for scrolls, cough 2 exo, and 3 ugly clothes.

idc if i disrespect Nimonix's choice of winners. Most of us disrespect them because they didnt give a ******* reason why they picked?

SoarRF, SacredSwordJr and BJJFromGJJ like this.
  9. notFrostwich

notFrostwich New Member

100% agree

HumoLoco likes this.
  10. FluffySheep

FluffySheep Purrfect

Well heck man,i am just as confused but damn.. ; ~ ; I mean i know my set was incomplete but there are people who really like it and those scrolls,exos,and the rest of the clothing. Not everyone has the same likes as you so you shouldn't expect everyone to be like you. Some people like cute,dark,hipster,etc. Maybe Nim has their own style or what they think will fit for certain times. Idek but hey,nothing is ugly or bad,they just don't meet YOUR criteria. Also uh... @Kayden I am most in love with your creation. GOOD JOBU!
    AND! Please don't hate me,I just wanted to be apart of something! D:

HumoLoco likes this.
  11. tinythe

actually I'm not getting my scroll on the account i play on and the wrong ign is gonna be credited so i essentially lost too

Time to join suggestionlosers guild

12characters, HumoLoco and SoarRF like this.
  12. HumoLoco

HumoLoco Clean Up Crew

I dont care about the meet the criteria or that.
    I cared why did they ******* picked 10 winner scrolls without why. When @[GM]Gourdy said 3 winners. df this.

RedFox showed us nimonix's a true color compare to GC. Back in GC hosted the contest event. I bet it was favoritism by staff after nimonix picked them then hand over to gc then gc cover it and give a **** on us. Something wrong what's that shitty bother my ass. but still redfox is the one hell honest compare to GC and OGP.

SacredSwordJr and FluffySheep like this.
  13. rfSexy

rfSexy Art Potato & Clean Up Crew

Having a thread or poll shouldn't affect their decision to implement a suggestion for a CONTEST where everyone's suppose to have a fair shot.

If it's just for suggestion section to get noticed then fine (i honestly don't know how much having a poll and supporter count increases the chances of it being implemented but doesn't hurt i guess. i personally don't think it should be made a huge deal but that might be because i find people spamming and fishing for support to be a bother)

Best idea to analyze what they want is look at the stuff that got implemented and see how it differs from your suggestion??
    Not the content of the scroll but maybe the presentation, detail, explanation, etc.

CloudyChains likes this.
  14. tinythesalty

tinythesalty Well-Known Member

no they have to release mine first

rfSexy likes this.
  15. RidleyPrime

RidleyPrime Creator of Volt

remember that time when i said "knowing nimX, theyre gonna mess up this event somehow". they did it bois

But honestly this is even more reason to ask nimX why they chose the suggestions they did. Im pretty sure if enough people are interested gourdy can ask or something. if not at last we can all have the satisfaction of knowing we tried :^)
    cause like....you cant say "three scrolls or less" and then somehow end up with 10.

also fun fact: the exact details are fuzy, but remember when back at gc we were told some suggestions would be sent in in batches to nimX to be considered implemented? I sent in a ticket asking and some that were sent were:
    Volt (hell yea)
    player suggested scroll (tiny's troll suggestion)
    draygashi's scroll with the vegata sprites (forgot the name :( )
    feast
    and one scroll from i think kyoz forgot the name (it was the one that was based of some big black guy in a white speedo)
    there were more but either i forgot the name of creator/scroll

16. Kunji

Kunji Active Member

Dad I don't think you read it entirely, it's a BM box like Alice/Graveyard/Snowman

HumoLoco likes this.
  17. HumoLoco

HumoLoco Clean Up Crew

i know it was an example.

18. BasedDraygashi

BasedDraygashi Active Member

I didn't expect to win, I put little effort into it after realizing finding water sprite sheets were a *****.

Animating said shitty water sprite sheets was even more annoying.

19. 12characters

12characters Well-Known Member

i've got some water sprites but they look like exo skills

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.