I don't understand

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by TobiKato, Apr 27, 2017.

1. TobiKato

TobiKato Member

I don't even know what everyone complains about. I look forward to the playing the game each day after work. i play with my friends and siblings and have a grand ol time. i literally havnt run into any of the issues everyone flames about endlessly. You guys kill the server more than "lack of gm response" does with all of your endless negativity. Cheer up and be happy we have twelve sky 2!

PS. enchanting does trigger me.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2017
  2. Alucard007

Alucard007 Active Member

kys

TobiKato likes this.
  3. DarkScorpion

DarkScorpion Member

just no

TobiKato likes this.
  4. Ashuraa96

Ashuraa96 Active Member

Dude, we are having problems with the game. Its not negativity at all lol, you dont have any problems? Good for you, But dont fking blame us for ruining this server cuz the gm's does a great fking job as it is

5. Alucard007

Alucard007 Active Member

High five!

6. Cocidious

Cocidious Member

There is a line between making people aware there is a problem, and calling out the mods and gm's and flaming redfox on the forums posting articles in forums where they don't belong and bordering on being a troll. Letting people know there is an issue woop woop good on ya. Calling people devs and companys out on forums about updates or on help topics, very not helpful and destructive to the over all health of the game.

7. Alucard007

Alucard007 Active Member

Some one has to be responsible for making the game stable. People have dealt with these problems for longer than you and I have. They have a reason to vent. Take a look at some of the people's join dates on this forum. Imagine how long they have been waiting for simple bug fixes and missing maps that should have already been available. I'm not saying it's okay to be rude but if they don't voice their opinions and put some pressure on then all they can do is wait and wonder where this game is heading. It's a little discouraging if you ask me. I haven't personally spent much money on this game but some of them have and some of them have watched other TS2 servers get shut down as they died out. They know the signs. If they want to a vent a little I say let them. It isn't really doing any more damage than what is already done. People don't need to read about it on forums to figure it out. The state of the game will become apparent to those who choose to play long enough. What you see on forums isn't what's doing the damage. Some people don't even bother to look on forums much anyways.

Fleshmonkey likes this.
  8. Ashuraa96

Ashuraa96 Active Member

High five! :D

9. Cocidious

Cocidious Member

While i agree that the game has some serious issues with the speed of progress, and desperately needs a dedicated team, this will only happen if we get more players. By making sure no one would even think of starting this game after reading the forums you are helping to perpetuate the very things your raging against. I know how frustrating this all can be, I have run my own servers for a couple games and iv wanted to rip my hair out more than once over the stupidity of the way the game was being run. but and its a big one, Public forums are prob not the best place to vent your frustration over the game. The negativity just helps drive more distance between mods and the community and poisons the environment and attitudes of those who see and read it. If you are so frustrated you feel the need to rage on the first forum you land on, perhaps its time to set aside the game and wait for a new patch before coming back. While it is hard to sit and play knowing that updates are slow in coming, some of us are happy to just enjoy killing people. even if the game never progressed past this stage id still be happy to go to war and just have fun with friends.

Last edited: May 9, 2017
  10. Alucard007

Alucard007 Active Member

But if the forum is the biggest cause of the games lack of population growth then why don't they ever bother to clean up forums? If it were so simple as that they should have taken action against flamer threads. I'm inclined to believe the problem is much deeper than this forum. Sure my feed back isn't always positive but for it to be positive it would require that I tell lies about the game. I'm not about spreading false information. I've heard plenty from older players who have been here much longer than I have and what they're saying seems to be exactly what I've observed. It might not be pretty but I can paint a clear picture of what is going on in game even when I'm not on as much anymore. At this rate it isn't the forums that is going to stop this game from growing. I think you should talk to older players and hear what they have to say when you ask them how they feel. It might help you understand their side of this.

11. Cocidious

Cocidious Member

i 100% agree forums are not going to be the biggest issue facing the game, but as a first impression when deciding if giving it a shot is worth it, its gonna be a huge detractor. yeh if the people start most would prob quit due to the issues in the game but some would stay and so while not the biggest problem flaming on the forums is not beneficial and most definitely is gonna hurt the games growth. id never say there are not problems, but when money is all the matters more people = more money = more interest in the game from the host company.

12. Alucard007

Alucard007 Active Member

It's very hard to get exposure for a game like this. That's why they decided to get this game put up on steam. If it comes down to money and population obviously boosts money then they need as much exposure as they can get. Down side is this game is way behind all of the other versions of it. So the ironic part is in order to solve this problem they need up to date patches in order to compete and that costs money which you need more population to get more money. I have a feeling the developers aren't going to provide anything for free. So it's gonna cost money to make money in this situation and with no guarantee that they're going to get more money back. But perhaps the developers are coming close to providing a patch for something we're in desperate need of. At this point it's all we can hope for.

13. Cocidious

Cocidious Member

sadly its not just a matter of updating the game. if they follow the trends of the other games it will just die like the rest, instead they need to rework and balance items and keep items out that are broken *cough* cough* WLC. This takes recoding some arias of the game. From a programming prospective this has 2 issues that make it a nightmare. 1 if this is at all like most games than as it was developed over time it had many many hands doing the coding, this means allot of time was spend by other programmers trying to make the hodge podge of lines of code match up, this leaves lots of dead code fillers lines everywhere and a nightmare for anyone trying to fix issues. this means lots of the lines would simply have to be re written as that would be faster than say making yet another patch to a messy system. but in a game this old your prob gonna have to end up re writing most of the code to start just so your new code dose not conflict with existing web of horrifying chaos. aka its gonna be a slow painful process to fix anything, lots of testing and tons of new issues created by the fixes you tried to make. 2 you have to actually test the new updates to see it in fact you managed to balance the game or just make more issues than you had before. If there is one way to kill a game faster than slow updates its having updates that make the game worse. 3 you have a older player base that is attached to some parts of the game (art, systems like enchanting, and feel of the game), changing any of these arias and getting it wrong will wipe out any hold over player base that you have, and since that is paying your bills its a tricky slope to walk on. On top of this you now have to get people to trust you are in fact updating the game, while not making any time promises, because should you happen to miss one of those updates by even 3 days never mind being a few months behind because of the other 3 mentioned issues and you kill the game. sometimes its better to just not say anything as a dev and hope that you can get something to the players in time to stop the game from falling apart. resurrecting a game that has a history of failing is not easy. players are coming back to the game with their old grudges and bones to pick they are less accommodating of change but demand the most change, and technically its much harder to fix a game than to make one from scratch. some how we gotta help convince people that longer delays between patches is a good thing. if they just dumped stuff on us and left the bugs then you know the game is dead, but if they are willing to risk the wrath of most of the player base but get it right when they do get a patch out, the game will be much better for it. no one wants to start going down the rabbit whole of promised fixes that never come all the wile milking the RP shop. there are a few Early Access games on steam that have done that and its not pretty. If they were not interested in make this a good game they would have just launched with g12 and put boxes for leets for rp and wlc's in the game and milked it for all it was worth then left. instead they removed content until fixed placed cap at g4 for now and are willing to risk losing players to get it wright the first time. this tells me that they are a good company.

14. Alucard007

Alucard007 Active Member

It might be easier to just make Twelvesky 3 if they're going to try to change the game. To be honest with you I don't know why they never explored that after all this time. I think they just wanted to try something new but those new ideas failed miserably and this was the one good idea they could continue to milk over time. I expected a sequel a long time ago but it never happened. :/

15. Cocidious

Cocidious Member

to be fair if a 12sky3 came out id prob not play it id be to skeptical of it :D i think they only really have the option of trying to fix a known game. with out the name i doubt people would bother playing this franchise after how many versions have failed.

16. Alucard007

Alucard007 Active Member

They're trying to fix a game that is 8 years old and known to have problems though. Not to mention the 8 years of technological advancement. I mean yes there are games there that keep getting expanded like WoW for example but this one hasn't had an expansion in years. It seems like it really would be easier to make a new game.

17. Cocidious

Cocidious Member

no doubt easier to make as pointed out before but easier to market this one if you can get a base of players that are willing to accept that this is basically a EA at this point, instead of a old well established game. with them now on steam it can open it up for them to use steam workshop for help with texturing and to provide poll's for model updates and such so they have a new tool kit. so perhaps its not gonna be as hard as it looks. *crosses fingers* i would like to see a community mod hired to work with the community. but so far this is a small game and it looks like most of the effort since launch has been to get on steam and make it workable. we will have to see what happens with the upcoming patch. League of legends is currently working on updating its framework and with the original devs doing it its taken almost 2 years so far and its just out of beta for the new system. i dont envy these devs trying to do it with a 8 year old game they didnt make.