[Serious] EU Players, let's talk!

Discussion in 'Notices' started by [GM]Gourdy, Mar 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. [GM]Gourdy

[GM]Gourdy RedFox Games Staff Member

We're trying to get caught up in the issues that revolve around EU connectivity, before we maybe propose a few options to try and ease the lag(?).

Please let me know the following:
    1. Do you always lag when playing Rumble Fighter?
    If no, could you please try to pinpoint when you lag?
    If yes, do you experience this type of lag when playing other NA games, with servers located on the west coast?​
    2. How well do "EU players only" rooms work out?
    3. Any other information regarding EU connectivity would be nice!

Note: Sorry if the wording of the questions is weird. Also, any flaming, off-topic, and/or unnecessary comments will be removed. Lastly, let it be known that this thread is not promising any actions regarding the topic of EU connectivity.

2. Yusuke

Yusuke Best Dressed

3. PoFolks

PoFolks Well-Known Member

Yea, MERICA don't want yall on our servers! Lol nay jk but yea connectivity is a issue

Windstorm and tinytinytinytiny like this.
  4. Tides

Tides Well-Known Member

First of all, we need to clarify that Rumble Fighter runs on a peer to peer system. This means the connection is defined by the ping between the two players. If I play with someone in the same region as me, who also has a quality internet connection, there will be little to no lag at all, but if I play with an American player, also with a quality connection, there will be lag just because of the distance between us, approximately 6,725 km which is understandable as our connections and inputs do not travel at the speed of light to the other player. This results in delayed gameplay between EU and NA players.

This is clearly the case as when I play with players from the East Coast, they have a ping of 80ms to me while most West Coast players have over 100+ms to me because of how much farther away they are. EU only rooms are completely fine unless you play with someone has a bad internet connection. The problem is many less known EU players go onto the Free channel instead of Free EU, because they don't want to make a room when there aren't any and wait. It's more convenient for them to just play on NA than EU. This lowers the EU population and makes it difficult for us dedicated EU players to have rooms active throughout the day.

A majority of the EU players would love to have our own server again as it would force EU players back to where they truly belong in my opinion. This would make a lot of the NA players happy as it would reduce lag and it would increase EU's population again. This would also make EU tournaments much easier to handle.

I hope this has enlightened you on EU's current issues.

IamSketchy, Windstorm, Shavo and 12 others like this.
  5. KingxD

KingxD Well-Known Member

I am not EU, but they have their own EU channel on Rumble Fighter. Its not like an official server, but if they play on their server they won't lag, but if they go to open free channels they will lag. One major issue on GC for EU players is that they had no [RM]s. All [RM]s where from N/A so they had no rep for events.

6. [GM]Gourdy

Okay, that's very helpful, thank you. If we were to open up an EU only server, what would stop (potential) NA trolls from joining the server, and create the same problem over again?

Also, I know you're just one person, but would you be okay with leaving your NA friends to join a different server?
    I'm also worried that if we created an EU server, that the EU Channel issue you mentioned would repeat, and they quit to re-join the NA server.

7. KingxD

KingxD Well-Known Member

If you IP block NA players from joining the EU server than that would stop the problem.

8. Viaz7

Viaz7 New Member

Couldn't have said it any better.

BLACKKING and tinytinytinytiny like this.
  9. Tides

Tides Well-Known Member

NA players would have to transfer their account to that server. This would be a 1 time transfer and after that they wouldn't be able to transfer back. This would circumvent the troll issue as people could only join the EU server with a new account and most trolls would probably only do this once, which wouldn't be an issue as they wouldn't be able to do it with their main account.

Of course EU having it's own server would have it's downsides, but I myself don't play with my NA friends very often because of the lag, but I do talk with them over Guild Chat and PM. I have most of these people on Skype though so I can talk with them outside of the game. Transferring to a different server should be a 1 time deal as I mentioned above which would ensure that most EU players would join the EU server.

Also, @KingxD made a good suggestion of IP banning players by region.
    He also brought up a good point, the EU server would have to have it's own dedicated GM's and CA (Community Advisors) otherwise we'll end up being 2nd tier to NA which wouldn't help EU's playerbase.

tinytinytinytiny likes this.
  10. [GM]Gourdy

I see! I guess another issue I'm worried about is whether or not the EU server's population can sustain itself. Say, currently Rumble Fighter NA's population has enough people so that wait times for game won't be too long. Would that be the same if there were an EU server? Or would wait times be long enough that players wouldn't deem the wait worth and quit/play something else? ):

11. Trypheno

Trypheno Clean Up Crew

A EU only server could solve our problems. But the thing is, there aren't that many EU Players out there.

12. Duhart

Duhart New Member

Maybe there could be some kind of incentive to make EU players to play on the EU channel?

Maybe the community it self could start giving this channel a bit more exposure, like, EU guilds or group of friends could start creating their rooms on the EU channel, instead of going for the faster, easier alternative. Eventually more and more people will start visiting the channel more often and it'll take less time to fill up a room.

And I feel that creating another server might divide the community.

13. KingxD

KingxD Well-Known Member

A lot of the main EU players quit the game due to the horrible services GC provided them. Like I said, EU has their own channel, but its always dead. There is no real way to calculate the EU player base. If you look at this screen shot taken like 3 minutes ago by me. There is only 1 EU room up in the channel with only two people in it. In the free channel(NA channels) there are a lot of rooms up. If a lot of EU player do play I wouldn't know, because most likely their mixed into the free NA channels. Gamescampus main point was that there wasn't enough EU players to manage a full server.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. Trypheno

Trypheno Clean Up Crew

We have like what, 25 active players (max). But there were a lot of us who quit the game because of this lag issue.

15. Tides

Tides Well-Known Member

We do this. Impurity, Brutality, Ominous, and Authentic are all EU guilds who actively play together. Me and a lot of my friends who play the game only make rooms on EU.

Back on our first Publisher, OGPlanet, the EU playerbase was large enough that there were always at least 10 rooms at any given time except maybe at 3-4am, but after we lost our EU server a lot of dedicated players quit after seeing us get shoved to the side and being DQ'd in tournaments for lag.

@KingxD Don't forget it's 11 PM over here and me and my friends just got off. There were 2 full 8 man rooms about 2 hours ago, but that's still not that much.

16. Antasma

Antasma Active Member

Most of us have already quit, there is no point making a separate server.

Plus Tides has already confirmed what I would be thinking anyways, my internet is top-notch but because of latency it doesn't really matter in the end.

Yusuke, tinytinytinytiny and Manners like this.
  17. Manners

Manners Best Dressed

Yusuke and tinytinytinytiny like this.
  18. KingxD

KingxD Well-Known Member

Mb, I forgot about different time zones. Anyways, I am not EU, so good luck in this fight of getting a server. I believe the RedFox should launch an official EU server for like 2 months and see if it gets populated and if it works out well.

19. Tides

Tides Well-Known Member

@[GM]Gourdy

I know you can't give us the exact amount of money it would require to keep an EU server up, but maybe you could equate the income needed with the number of players you would need to do so?

Windstorm, Pasha and tinytinytinytiny like this.
  20. Trypheno

Trypheno Clean Up Crew

We probably need more time to grow. I would say like half a year. It could work for us.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.