[Serious] EU Players, let's talk!

Discussion in 'Notices' started by [GM]Gourdy, Mar 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. [GM]Gourdy

[GM]Gourdy RedFox Games Staff Member

Thank you for all your input, guys. How would you feel about a server that automatically directs you depending on your IP address? What do you guys think would be the pros/cons of this?

What I'm getting from all these replies so far is, EU players wouldn't mind being split from NA players (correct me if I'm wrong here), despite there only being a starting population of 30 players for EU? Thanks!

Vital, Yusuke, Pasha and 1 other person like this.
  2. ItsTour

ItsTour Clean Up Crew, Scroll Masters Champion

That would be awesome actually

Most of the top games do it but yea that would be the problem, the EU population is so small on here compared to other games.

I think it'll grow if you guys do what you have to do with the game, players and you cant fix everything yourself of course the developer is going to need a hand in that and I hope they work well with you guys.

As far as a solution for this I think it is something you come back to in the future unless it is a pressing issue, all in all the EU players should be directed to their servers

3. OnePunchMan

OnePunchMan New Member

No please :(
    Either make a separated RFEU or just leave it as it is. Because locking eu ips in the eu-channel is like sending us to Auschwitz. Being isolated ain't fun :(
    And then again that means no gw for eus and they can't participate in events or be able to trade or play bm in free channel. That's just bad :(

Last edited: Mar 9, 2016
  4. PatrickRF

PatrickRF Clean Up Crew, The Spook-King

You dont want to be isolated in eu channel but you want to be isolated in eu server??????

LastGoD likes this.
  5. [GM]Gourdy

Yeah, I'm confused about that too. Elaborate please!

6. SinisterSix

SinisterSix New Member

Guys, please thank me for coming with the idea of redirrecting to eu channel ;).

7. Firefly

Firefly Well-Known Member

He thinks that you're saying (I hope you aren't) that the game would remain as it is, except EU would be locked out of every single channel except the EU one - meaning we would literally only be able to play in that channel and nowhere else, things like events and gw would be impossible etc.

8. SinisterSix

SinisterSix New Member

By the way [GM], i suggest you make a poll with this to see the community opinion.

9. [GM]Gourdy

I'm planning on making a poll once I can verify (the community and admin) viable options. No point in putting up an option no one wants, ya know?

10. OnePunchMan

OnePunchMan New Member

THIS :(

11. SinisterSix

SinisterSix New Member

About redirrection, only the free channel should be locked for EU, the rest should be allowed to us.

12. Pasha

Pasha Well-Known Member

Please stop making EU and NA like 2 worlds -_- make full Player to server connection ,so we can Play together . Ofc People will say what about events ,i see no problem to make EU RM's . Events like RR should be on free Days (notice 1week before ) Guys ffs lets play together !

13. Paradox

Paradox New Member

14. Manners

Manners Best Dressed

Not gonna happen.

15. Tides

Tides Well-Known Member

16. Yusuke

Yusuke Best Dressed

That's a terrific idea. Will the GMs be catering to EU when it comes to events? I remember on GC that many EU players couldn't participate in tournaments, throwsdowns, etc because of the time difference.

17. Tides

Tides Well-Known Member

It wasn't just the time difference, another major issue was just straight up lag. We'd have to repeat matches multiple times (Ex. Me vs. Sam - 1v1 Tourny) because of the lag being so detrimental to the fight. This meant we couldn't even partake in actual fighting events as we'd just keep cycling the matches until one of the players gets fed up with it and withdraws.

Yusuke likes this.
  18. Yusuke

Yusuke Best Dressed

I always wondered why GamesCampus didn't try to remedy these issues but then I remember that Rev thought that EU was a waste of time. The fool @.@

19. SinisterSix

SinisterSix New Member

So to conclude, we want redirrection, but we also want at least one RM/CA that.s european, if the redirrection happens, to hold some EU events.

20. [GM]Gourdy

I can't see the GC forum link.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.