[Serious] EU Players, let's talk!

Discussion in 'Notices' started by [GM]Gourdy, Mar 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trypheno

Trypheno Clean Up Crew

2. YeezyJesus

YeezyJesus Active Member

As an EU player I can say that a separated EU server would change EVERYTHING.
    Simply because of the fact that 75% of the EU population left because of the mix of the lag with the major issue of the item loss.
    I've talked with some of the most influent players of the game and they guaranteed they would comeback 100% to this game if a separated server would be created like in the old times of RFEU.
    Of course after the creation and the acomplishment of having a server there are the responsabilities that come along with the perks, advertising would be needed in order to bring the game to the ' outside world ' and also to make the old players aware of the game changes since the move to GC and now to RedFox, ways of attracting players to come to the game such as events and others, a establishment of staff ( CA's and GM's ) like back on OGP, positive communication with the players and a staff behind the tickets and not only in-game like it's happening in GameCampus so the players feel like they're being heard, currency balances because from OGP to GC the change was HUGEEE, in OGP we would get a decent amount of astros and in GC we can only buy 1 scroll with 10 euros and it's if the scroll is -1000, also a after note, after and if all of the is established, a staff selection of players who actually belong to the community and can explain in a condescendent way the problems that the game has, with all the specifications needed with a rigorous selection and not just go by the reputation of someone which sometimes doesn't lead to positive results.
    A really honest opinion now is, if nothing is done and only the server is created in a way of " oh now you have a server, rise alone and get population or get dumped scrubs " like OGP did back on the days, with this I mean, no appealing to new players AT ALL, the server will obviously die, but I believe the game itself has potential to go further and actually build a good database located in EU if it's properly made, and I can confidently say that in 1 year we will be even better than RFEU if you guys, on RedFox, aren't as shitty as gamecampus was in the mean time.

This is my opinion and of course I will have people disagreeing with me but I think this is what the most of the EU's feel and I can talk in place of all my friends who quitted because of the lag ( I only cameback a few weeks ago among with my cousin and I only play with NA's because EU doesn't even have rooms with other maps than moon ), and actually think that even the most influents players of the past in OGP, 1st example, KingClix/[CA]Clix, would instantly comeback if we had our separated server.

Feel free to ask me anything,
    Meanwhile,best regards,

Rythorn.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2016
    Trypheno, Vital, Triizii and 2 others like this.
  3. Yusuke

Yusuke Best Dressed

Tl;dr EU players would come back if EU has their own server. Marketing is needed to keep the continue to grow the EU player base.

4. PatrickRF

PatrickRF Clean Up Crew, The Spook-King

You need to log in to see GC forums. Its easy to make an acc

5. Triizii

Triizii New Member

Spot on (y)

6. [GM]Gourdy

[GM]Gourdy RedFox Games Staff Member

Appreciate the screenshot and inputs! Also, keep in mind the poll I'm planning to make involves multiple options, not a yes/no. I'm gathering your opinions in order to create optimized options.

7. Incero

Incero Well-Known Member

keep in mind a lot of the votes for the EU server were from NA because people got tired of seeing lag between NA and EU players so the number of votes does not really correlate with the amount of EU players

8. Vurtune

Vurtune Active Member

It's funny how Lucid became EU's spokesman overnight.

There's no need to repeat what was already said so I will try to be brief. Creating an EU server is the optimal solution, primarily because, as seen during these 2 years, people cannot play together and no one even bothers on the EU server.

But what is really funny is that people actually think EU has always had a low playerbase and that we've always been poor man's NA. That's surely not the case. Our player base has gone down from 500-600 players to 30-40 primarily because of how the game was managed. The transfers were the biggest scam I've ever seen and the changes made to the game made it unpleasant and repulsive. Our accounts were destroyed and the money we payed for everything we had has gone to waste. I mean, Lucid payed like 1k euros for what I had on my account and I could only transfer 3 scrolls, one of which was timed.

The loss of the accounts surely happened to the NA scene as well, the difference is that the people who were up-and-coming like the top 30 1v1ers who now assume to be good kept playing, without bothering too much about the change and taking advantage of the fact that all the good players left. To keep the matter EU-related, I myself can bring back at least 20 or 30 people if you're doing a good job managing the game and convincing Nimonix to change their underhanded pay to win methods of handling things.

Take into consideration that our hopes for this game are down and it's really late for anything to happen now if it didn't happen in the game's prime in 2010-2011-2012, but the steam transfer can perhaps open a new option. As for managing it, the IP-blocking idea was great. You can just make it as it was on OGP, no american was on EU and no EU was playing actively on NA, primarily because we had our own community and its own style. With the crushing of this came about all the negatives that we see now and are waiting to be fixed. Think of the fact that the game has the same problems since 2007 that have not been addressed at all, and if you show not only compassion and interest towards the EU community but also show that you're looking to fix the game and actually try to make it better and strive for its improvement, people will surely come back and a lot of new people will join.

There has been a lot of discussion on this topic on GC as well but we had EUphobic hosts so nothing could really progress on our side. Keep in mind that we are not and we should never be treated as a poor man's NA because we can bring to the table much more than you expect.

Vital, Triizii, Stefan and 1 other person like this.
  9. Tides

Tides Well-Known Member

Check the list of supporters. Over 100 of them are EU.

Pasha likes this.
  10. Pasha

Pasha Well-Known Member

True

11. Vital

Vital Active Member

Here Gourdy
    [​IMG]
    Btw i support making the servers seperated by locking IPs to their locations. Though we need our own events and CA or GM's. I'd assume when we enter the Guild Channel we will only encounter people from EU and won't be able to fight people from NA?

12. Manners

Manners Best Dressed

Locking IPs to a specific channel seems like it could be problematic

13. RafaelMk2

RafaelMk2 New Member

yo thanks for discussing this with us Gourdy

14. Sympinger

Sympinger Member

I am the person who created the thread/poll to see how many European players we could gather to build and entire server for our own. Sadly enough, everyone told me "It's not possible from a business POV".

I am honest, if we get our own server many people from EU (including myself) will come back to the game. If you try to hold us back and at the end we get something like an ip block or something similar, I won't give this game another try. It's simple as that and many people think the same, I only know about this because so many people were obnoxiously contacting me regarding that matter.

In a nutshell

Will the european population get a second chance?

A=yes (server for Europe)
    B=no (locked in a channel or any simliar solution)

You chose :)

15. LastGoD

LastGoD Well-Known Member

How is being locked in your own channel with your own events not the same as you own server? Only difference will be more effort on part of RedFox I.e manpower for GMs and maintenance for no extra profit

16. kidsenpai

kidsenpai Active Member

its amazing to be able to play with other players around the world but the lag is the thing that really hurts us both Na and Eu.
    i think it be nice to have option to have top players from Na and Eu verse in different categories. this would be cool aspect to have some competitive play like all mmo's do. yes it be lot work but it open up more avenues for Rf to progress in game play.
    just a thought.~Senpai~

17. LastGoD

LastGoD Well-Known Member

EU top 5=top 30 NA L0L'd-Urbal

18. [GM]Gourdy

[GM]Gourdy RedFox Games Staff Member

I'm going to say this, though: If we opened an EU server, it would still be located in the USA. Does that still interest EU players? Since a lot of the inputs say the lag isn't due to player to server, it's due to player to player. (Correct me if I'm wrong of course.)

19. Sympinger

Sympinger Member

Sir, I think is exactly how it was at OGPlanet and it was GREAT. Only Europeans were allowed to connect to that server and the connection quality was 1A. If that would be possible to create, I can promise you I would actively go out of my way and bring back the old Rumble Fighter EU community.

20. Vurtune

Vurtune Active Member

Mace, OGP had its server in Germany. If the server of RFEU will be located in the US, that means we'll have the same 130 ms connection to ourselves just like now.

The p2p connection solves it though, but I don't know about this. You should ask Clix.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.