[Gameplay Bug] Hybrid Xuanxu Art of Tree/Sky Casting [Not a Bug]

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by Onrain, Jul 10, 2018.

1. Onrain

Onrain New Member

• Summary: When attempting to cast Xuanxu art of Tree/Sky skills no longer cast with out target. Need a target to cast, range is 0 and causes the skill to fail to cast properly when mob is moving or sometimes fails regardless.
    • Screenshots: Not Available
    • Steps to Reproduce: Attempting to cast either skill while enemy is moving or skill will fail to cast when activated.
    • Frequency: Character movement will continue if enemy is moving and not cast the skill everytime. Casting will randomly fail even if enemy isn't moving on occasion.
    • Severity: 2
    • System Specs: Windows 10, 16gb Ram,GTX950
    • Additional Notes: Simple fix is to apply a range of at least 1 to both skills.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2018
    GubRee likes this.
  2. [GM]Ahri

[GM]Ahri RedFox Games Staff Member

upload_2018-7-12_15-11-46.png
    upload_2018-7-12_15-12-2.png

The skills are Area of Effect. Enemies within a certain radius will inflict damage and are not meant to be cast at range.

3. Onrain

Onrain New Member

I understand they are Area of effect based skills, however having a range of 0 makes it so it doesn't get cast properly. Even Active skills have a range of 0.70. A small change in range would help eliminate the non casting issue. The skills require a target to cast.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
    GubRee likes this.
  4. GubRee

GubRee Active Member

It may be a misunderstanding: the problem is that the AoE needs a target to be activated. Having a range 0 implies that your character has to move and reach the exact same point of the mob in the exact same syncro. This creates non-smooth application of the skill.
    Easy solution (as already been said) might be to add a little bit of range to avoid the problem of hitting the exact same point where mob is positioned on the map. Or else would be to make the skill usable without a target (like it was before): this way will be affected all mobs within the area which starts from the character position, not from the target position.

5. Spices

Spices Member

since 2016 and this isnt fixed as yet... ITS SO ANNOYING why arnt GM's doign anything about it....

guess cause not much hyrbids are actually playing ...

6. [GM]Ahri

Unfortunately, the skills in this report do not have a range. An example of a skill that does have range is shown below.

upload_2018-8-2_11-26-42.png

7. [GM]Ahri

We don't recall implementing these skills revision in 2016.

8. Onrain

Onrain New Member

The current version of the skills require a target. So then either a small range needs to be added or the skills need to be fixed to not require a target.

9. Onrain

Onrain New Member

My Join Date (under my name) is not the day this was posted. Posted date is at the bottom of the text.

10. Spices

Spices Member

this is what i meant by since 2016 ,.....

look at the post date above my post on this issue... telling GM's to do this very same thing to the skill as a "fix" because its really annoying that your toon gets stock so u until u smash, move away, or go in and back out of combat... Imagine doing it while grinding with a few mobs hitting you at the same time...

11. [CM]NineArts

[CM]NineArts RedFox Games Staff Member

Another GM here.

This skill is working as it is intended by our developers.

This skill is to be utilized more effectively when farming aggro mobs.

12. Onrain

Onrain New Member

Thank you for your time. I am not contesting if the skill is working properly. What I am contesting is its failure to activate properly due to the fact that the skills' ranges are 0 and require a target. Surely it can not be acceptable to have a skill fail to cast due to a range limitation which would only require a very minor change in the skill itself. Even when meeting the 0 range requirement the skill fails to activate at times. If that is acceptable then it should be highly recommended that the skills' be re evaluated as this creates a poor playability experience for players. Again thank you for your time NineArts and Ahri. I do hope I did not cause a disturbance. I only wish for the game and its mechanics to function smoothly.

Spices likes this.
  13. [CM]NineArts

[CM]NineArts RedFox Games Staff Member

No worries ;)

We do appreciate your feedback!

14. Spices

Spices Member

EXACTLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

hadda go all ham and go in so many simple kindergarden details for em to understand what we're telling them...dont think they take time to actually play i guess...