Level Cap(what to do?)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Eroine, Aug 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FuriaAlba

FuriaAlba Well-Known Member

Deviating from the discussion isn't necessary, the fact that mobs will take more or less damage for different maps is a different discussion, we are talking about mobs having a certain amount of hp that started from the post I quoted earlier about your VE problem in purple and green CC and providing you a solution using smashes to see their HP to understand why.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
  2. Eroine

Eroine Well-Known Member

I don't deviate, I stated you some facts and truths, which you do not like.

We have to clarify every aspect regarding the 9Dragons mobs. My VE problem I think is linked to bugg as I already found in another dungeoun and post in bug section and is under investigation . There are some bugs regarding VE in game.

Regarding HP, since 2007-2008 all the guides on mobs would look this (which is not the case):
    Lvl: .....
    HP: .....

Since I played on Asura than Bardo, mobs reference is made on levels, skills and resistance (and loot as adition), starting with the journal of the developers, korean sheets of mobs and Wiki, warda & other guides.

Phlox likes this.
  3. FuriaAlba

I do not like? How could one like something that isn't true thou? I told you that mobs have a certain hp and based on that you do damage which in turn gets transformed into leech depending on the amount of leech you have. You come telling me mobs don't have hp, really, how is that so? Is it just a bar from 0 to 100% we all have and the damage numbers we get are just imaginations for our eyes? I mean the hp bar while you are in a party has to be a number after all?

Would be incredible for you if I told you the xp bar is a lie? We actually get xp points that get transformed into % nr's? Or are the quests that say you get x nr of xp points a lie also?

As for the guides, total hp on mobs isn't important really, since damage varies by different cases knowing their total hp would help very little or totally mislead people, only situations I can personally think it helps is with bosses that have alot of hp and you can know in what time you can come back to be sure they die, an alternative besides just running a timer to see how long did it take to kill it (just good for af.k killing to be certain it's understood)

If you would like to understand what I wrote is up to you, I don't think anything needs to be added about this.

4. GubRee

GubRee Active Member

Just for the sake of the discussion: you wrote "smash same mob", but the first one is "The League's Beggar" and second one is "Disciple of The League", so i guess it's not the same mob.
    Tho i don't know why on your previous SS mobs were the same and still damage is different. Maybe next time I do CCD I'll do some tests.

to FuriaAlba: why do you need to be killed for farming?

5. FuriaAlba

To lose xp, can't atack while chi breathing.

6. Eroine

Eroine Well-Known Member

I told you that reference to HP is not made regarding mobs and this is true.
    In game , you can choose from menu ' display monsters life'.
    HP in 9Dragons vs numbers is made to character ' I have x kk HP '. In your HP bar shows exactly the numbers on your HP (e.g. 58.890), but on mobs bar no. You can see exactly with numbers how your HP is going down vs mobs HP bar ( no exact numbers).

Phlox likes this.
  7. GubRee

GubRee Active Member

there is a work-around for that ;p

8. FuriaAlba

Honestly I don't know what to say, the xp is a lie then too?

If you are referring to farm in dungeons, that's not what I would like to read...

9. Eroine

Eroine Well-Known Member

You have exact number on exp after you kill a mob. You see the numbers in experience bar.
    I know how much experience a mob gives me, cause I see the numbers there.

I don't know exactly how much HP I take from a mob when I hit him, I don't see a number there. I only see a bar that goes down when I hit, one third, one fourth, one half ... I am guessing.

Phlox likes this.
  10. FuriaAlba

Really? For years it just says Gained Experience without any numbers to it when I kill any mob. What do we do with damage numbers on our screen tho, if there's no hp to mobs, what does this program run on, better question would be, why do I see the damage numbers? Why did players chose to see damage numbers, redfox started without showing numbers, just normal hit, crit and miss, why did people complain? It can't be about visual beauty can it? So many questions, we can never know for sure.

11. Eroine

Eroine Well-Known Member

Many questions indeed, but for now as I stated I don't see any numbers on monster HP and nobody makes reference to that.If we knew the mobs HP that would be already written in guides and it is not or would be already been posted in game. Maybe we could add the boxes of resistance to that too, so we would know that too.
    We go back in the circle again ...

Phlox likes this.
  12. Eroine

Eroine Well-Known Member

This discussion will end when monster HP will be displayed as character is, on numbers. That was the essence of the discussion. When we talk about mobs we have lever range as reference :

Level Range:
    Red
    =5+ levels higher.
    Orange =3-4 levels higher.
    Yellow =1-2 levels higher.
    White =your level.
    Green =1-2 levels lower.
    Light Blue =3-4 levels lower.
    Dark Blue = 5+ levels lower than your level.

Do you see in game any discussion : ' How much HP has that mob ?' Since 2007 the conversation was ; ' This mob/boss is red/ white/ orange'.'I grind to red mobs cause they give me more exp'... and so on ...

Phlox likes this.
  13. FuriaAlba

What guides tho? Only you and fullneo made guides, fullneo just took your guides and added stuff to it as far as I can rememeber and you don't know or care about hp, so where could there have been added? Again, I mentioned it would be of little importance anyway, or quite bad anyway.

I mean for a example, why doing 150k on certain mobs in KL take 10% of their hp(bar or whatever)? Why does finishing the first form of kylin from start to finish always give you the same number of points, does not matter what gear you had used in the process, better yet, why when you solo you get the same amount of points, there has to be something there?

Also the grand question remains, why did your active say 100k+ and smashes tell a different story? How was I wrong there?

14. FuriaAlba

Well actually when they added srs many people complained about bosses and mobs beeing too tanky and that they can't leech enough hp, it's not a direct talk about a certain HP number, because, like I said the total amount of HP a mob or boss has isn't to important, it's just a piece of information that can be usefull regarding time to kill and that's about it, anyone can time themselfs with a watch/phone/program you name it, no need to get into numbers unless you really want to.

15. Eroine

Eroine Well-Known Member

It is not like that. In Acclaim time, me , warda than Fullnero debated the game content with the GMs, they gave us the reference, all our tests were made with the GMs. The GMs test with us many things, they always were present in game and test it, than we posted the informations. GMs had HI levels . Acclaim had Steven Elliot Altman with the game content and the quests to adapt the wuxia content to western reality and Ken Johnston with the developer journal. All was linked together.

Damage : active, smash, pve & pvp is another long discussion among with VE & HP leech.

Let's remember a lil :

The exp numbers still there :
    [​IMG]

Mobs bar long time ago :
    [​IMG]

Phlox likes this.
  16. FuriaAlba

Clrearly you do not know quest will say Gained x nr of xp points, the xp bar witch is represented in % is just a alternate way to show how much xp you have, in general this is better compared to showing numbers as 56983296/635326272215 (diablo 2 type) xp for each level.

Same goes for hp on mobs, how would it help you if I told you All sacred bosses in KL have 10 million hp, Blood sorceres have 6 million hp and nine tail fox and spider queen have 50 million? All 3 types take different amounts of damage so the numbers would mean different times, they are pretty much the same level, HI 4 and HI 6. Even more so the 4 sacred bosses, phoenix takes the least amount of damage each hit, tiger is next after that and tortoise/blue dragon take the most. This is technical data, the fact that you would just ignore it, or that most would not find it useful is a different story.

17. Eroine

Eroine Well-Known Member

Each game have different types of monsters, in many games this is show off, but this is not the case of 9Dragons. You presume game content (mobs HP/ cause you said it is determine by smash/ number ) that is not available in the game right now.

Mobs screen / Character Information not available, 100 presume HP bar. Character Menu not available.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Presumed maxim mob HP determined by smash damage :

[​IMG]

HP character bars with numbers :
    [​IMG]

Now, if we speak about k version, they describe the monsters with : attack propensity, vitality, minimal damage & maxim damage. They have numbers there.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2018
    Phlox likes this.
  18. FuriaAlba

l told you about smash to see mobs HP in case they die from 1 hit, the reason why you have VE problem in purple cc and green cc, not in red/black since they don't have enough hp for you to leech back VE. Following your logic killing clan base mobs and running out of VE is a bug also.

19. Eroine

Eroine Well-Known Member

Glad we clear the mobs HP situation in 9Dragons and I understand what you stated about VE. The VE is linked to skill. The skill is not taking the full cicle, but still consume his entire VE. Cycle : I refer to rotation : two rotation of sword for e.g to complete the skill.

If I use Wu Tang Sword (vital energy 2), no VE problem, my VE don't goes down at all ( so I presume 2 VE is reflected).

One of the VE bug was related to looting, active still couple when looting the boxes.

Phlox likes this.
  20. FuriaAlba

Active animation and function is a different story in which I don't want to start debating, it was discussed on GC forums and if you can and want, can search there for the discussion, you will not find any technical guide regarding it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.