Why does RF hate EU players?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by joaodzara, Dec 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joaodzara

joaodzara New Member

I know this has been brought up many times before.
    I just wanna know if there is a way for us, european players, who keep coming back and quitting this game for the same reason over and over (unplayable lag), to keep enjoying this game.

I'm playing from Portugal, have got a 400Mbps internet connection (through ethernet cable) and was able to get 3/4 bars with all players for a week. Now i've only been able to get 1 or 2 bars lately, getting kicked from every room and beggining to feel like quitting this game again. Nothing in my internet connection has changed and other portuguese players have told me they've got the same issue.
    I'm just hoping for something to change, that's why I've been coming back every year since the EU servers closed.

Any plan to still make this game playable for us? Is RedFox going to do anything about this or is it a lost cause? honest question...

2. [GM]Toast

[GM]Toast RedFox Games Staff Member

Thank you for your inquiry.

We do not hate EU players and have made efforts to make EU feel more welcome, such as providing a "Free-EU" channel. We recently had some server changes during our website and service maintenance. I will confirm with our developers if it affected any EU regions.

A1pha, HumoLoco and joaodzara like this.
  3. joaodzara

joaodzara New Member

Something happened. Even between european players (at least from Portugal) there is lag... no more than 2 bars.

Plus,if I may ask, is there any plan to implement a peer server in europe or anything like that?
    All discussions related to solutions for european players are really dated, leaves me wondering.

and thanks for the quick response :)

4. [GM]Toast

At the moment, our primary service is in NA, so we do not have plans for EU expansion, however we will do the best we can to service EU players from NA. I have not received a response from our web administrator team yet, but this is an issue we are looking into.

HumoLoco and joaodzara like this.
  5. joaodzara

joaodzara New Member

While you take care of those issues, is there anything I can do to try and minimize the lag?

Do you guys know any european ISP with a known good connection to your servers?
    Or a method to effectively port-forward? (the method I've seen has to be done each time RF is launched).

I've got 4 more portuguese friends with the same issues, let me know if there's anything we can help you with. like providing feedback or any other important information to help improve the connection to RedFox from here.

thanks!

6. [GM]Toast

One method I have heard some Europeans users use was use a private VPN and connect using a different ISP or using a North American connection (Canada or USA). Otherwise, I cannot think of any other solutions off the top of my head.

If possible, could you send a ticket with the following information:
    1. Who is your Internet Service Provider?
    2. If possible, could you let us know the Internet Service Provider of the players you know that have the same issue?

Thank you,
    [GM]Toast

HumoLoco and joaodzara like this.
  7. joaodzara

joaodzara New Member

Sent a ticket.

Waiting for some (hopefully good) news regarding this issue. thanks!

8. HumoLoco

HumoLoco Clean Up Crew

Cuz we got Trump af, we build wall to keep all racist away af.

jk.

its because da american players cannot afford more than 60mbps speed, only they can afford at less than 40mbps. I can i have nearly 3gbps speed and I do whatever what i want to control my modem internet speed af.

doston8 likes this.
  9. VOLKSport

VOLKSport New Member

hi,
    i live in the United kingdom.
    myself and majority of old generation Rumble Fighter players used to adore this game...

i forget the developers at the time...

about 10 years ago if not more this was.

was wondering if EU could play after all this time or not?

great game. decent community back then...any update after so long?

what was the developer back then?

i owned the guilds called Pride, Flux and a couple others...

great great gaming times them :)

10. VOLKSport

VOLKSport New Member

Old IGNs were Rhythm, Noush, Cushty, AnswerToLife, 2ndChance, PAIN, StateOfMind and i had many more haha. miss this game.

11. xgone

xgone Active Member

Are you serious? Why in the world would we ever spend a single cent on a vpn just to play this game? It´s not worth and you should have known that better than any of us.

HumoLoco likes this.
  12. HumoLoco

HumoLoco Clean Up Crew

To save our money, so nimonix could afford da dedicated server and milking our save money from being spent on vpn.

doston8 and xgone like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.