Returning player with Questions!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by HonorableSoul, Jan 9, 2019.

1. HonorableSoul

HonorableSoul Member

Good day all,

I've been playing on and off over the years since way back in Acclaim. Just returned to this game a day or two ago and am amazed by the amount of changes, so wanted to ask some questions to catch up.

First! Always first, what are we looking at on Market Prices these days for Martial Arts manuals and other materials? Defense sets, leech accessories, relics, lightfoot, etc? Doesn't look like the clan meditation/lightfoot/steps are worth selling anymore, but maybe that is just me mistaking a first look through Hefei since I got back. Are there even enough newbies to the game to make it worth peddling these items?

Second, what is with all the cut out quests? Is there a reason Wu-Tang's quest line is so short now? I used to like that you had to put in a bit of effort to join them. Certain aspects in the beginning feel disjointed since the quests seem to have been cut out, for example Heavenly Demon's quest line with that girl.

Finally! The most important question, for me anyway because I will never stop beating this zombie horse, do we have any knowledge of the advanced clans coming through in that so long ago promised patch? Do we have that old Vagabond role and skillset available or is running a vagabond just a personally abusive role as ever?

I have been wanting to run an Iron Fist char since Acclaim and would love to hear that this is finally being implemented or at least still being spoken of and considered.

Lots of other questions I could ask, but this is all I care about as far as returning to this game goes. (Oh! And are Healers viable now? What is their damage output like these days? Can they actually keep up in PVP if outfitted right, or is it still a throw down your trap and laugh as some fool doesn't pay attention and gets blown away game?)

Thanks all and look forward to playing with you all again!

GubRee likes this.
  2. Elsikerins

Elsikerins Active Member

This game is much much different from assclame. Flat defense set era is long over. Set's now look more like a mix of everything and on late game i think resistances would be more appreciated than flat defense since mob's use YYBS and still hurt even if you have 50-60 k defense :D

As a newbie you might find it a little hard to gear up and make those first steps towards decent items. skill revamp will have you sitting on your ass medding every 20 seconds.
    Selling LF's and meds and steps and such isn't so actual anymore since they drop only on low lvl maps mostly. i have seen people sell that stuff for 5kk each though. But that is nothing compared to what it will cost you to gear up. Game's economy is just a one big mess. highend items cost ranging from 50b-200b. Some items aren't even sold in gold. there's black market for that where. Botters are all around the place. Feel free to do that, but you will probably be banned right away for abuse unlike some others who run wild all the time cause we all like to favor certain individuals. even more so if they make someone money.
    I wont have any advice on how to make money since i consider myself just as much a pleb as any other poor ******* out here :D

Advanced clans have been in game since 9dragons closed beta. Finished or unfinished state... Just like most of the content that we have now was in game files since forever. But then again. if we got all the content at once. a lot would be discarded/disregarded and people would aim straigt for the top dog stuff and game would die in a year or two.. :D

Advanced clans might be soon here, i have heard something about Korea implementing them in-game finally soon.

khanarya, HonorableSoul and GubRee like this.
  3. Domingo

Domingo Active Member

Healer are the best pvp role now with perma stun.

Vegabond is dead since new clothes require upgraded role

khanarya and HonorableSoul like this.
  4. GubRee

GubRee Active Member

I share your same thought about quest lines. It was so cool to work your way up to make the clan accept you in. Sadly gotta tell you that quests have been removed and made a lot easier with auto-navigation and free couriers for all RTD line. That was mainly because the majority of players are old players who had to re-do quests and chars lots of times through the many versions of the game.

If those rumors about adv clans are true that would be so very cool but it sounds quite unlikely…

I don't really agree on this. If you are hyb or healer you have your own VE heal. If you are warrior you could build up enough con/def (constitution now gives def), use clan basic active and Dragon Weapon would provide enough dmg. Also get the VOH normal set (1/1k ve leech) ASAP and your grind will be quite smooth IMO.
    If you are nuker…. well, don't be nuker until 2nd role at least xD

HonorableSoul likes this.
  5. HonorableSoul

HonorableSoul Member

Lol, Much appreciated all! You folks are awesome.

Sounds practically like a whole new game. Should be fun to muddle my way along and see if I can strike it rich like the old days.

Looking forward to playing with you all!

Also, Domingo! It makes me so happy to hear Healers are the PVP Champs now. They got so little love back in the old days except for buffing others. Everyone wanted those buffs.

6. khanarya

khanarya Member

Healers are good, but try a ck hyb with more than 80 % reflect. You will basically kill yourself. Tested on a hyb with only 60% reflect.
    BUt lvling up those skills are a new returning player, boy that will be painful. Takes 2 full days to lvl up a cheng. And abob=ve ch 6 - may god have mercy on you. And as Elsikerins said, you're gonna need a huge amount of cash. Even mid-tier gear will cost you billions. But on the plus side, reaching HG or HI lvl is a breeze due to srs dung.

7. Domingo

Domingo Active Member

Reflect dmg is useless with 100 % pvp def. Tested.
    Better go with active darkness 70% with 9 seconds
    I am IS 2 hyb with ~80% reflect

8. Domingo

Domingo Active Member

30 charr

9. Elsikerins

Elsikerins Active Member

LOL. Everyone wants those buffs now more than ever ! xD They are way better than they were. Healer isn't a support role anymore at all. ahah

10. HonorableSoul

HonorableSoul Member

Is anyone still running Vagabond? I think it was.... Kenshii or something with a K was the last guy I knew who ran strict Vagabond until he finally joined BoT.

I am tempted to do that just for old times sake. lol

11. Elsikerins

Elsikerins Active Member

I made a vagabond, but i just figured it's pure cancer. you cant even use high end weapons lol :D stat limit 250 still
    vagabond is literally obsolete in every single aspect. It's to the point it's not even challening. its ridiculous ;D
    now it's just powerlvled piece of joke lol. will just role it at some point. and see what happens in future :D