[EVENT]Game Mode Design Contest

Discussion in 'Events' started by [GM]Toast, Jan 16, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kayden

Kayden Mastermind, Crowd Favorite & Typhoon Armor Creator

wow i just saw thisss
    edit: first post on new page
    itslit
    a sign from god
    will edit later to post my entry
    edit2:
    [​IMG]

This suggestion is based on adjusting the current Rumble Fighter's core game play, mainly focusing on the Battle Mode.

I'd like to call this mode, Brave Mode.

Throughout the updates, the game has become unbalanced to the point where it is almost unplayable. From the start, this game already had enough mechanical problems and balancing issues, but not as bad as the current state.

Why do I say this?

Because in the past, these mechanical problems / user-abused glitches slowly became part of the game, and players started to make rules for themselves. For example, in Guild War, the players had to keep their eye on the enemy team's stats to make the game a competition, not a complete waste of time. Hence, "basics no double 40- ogp only", ... etc. But, in the end, the game was fun. I still remember spending hours of practice to learn how to faux break. I'm honestly glad that air grab is still part of the game and 4B is what I call a good bug fix. So, my main objective on this mode is to bring back some glitches and actually make them part of the game, meanwhile keeping the game more balanced.

What is being balanced?

In my opinion, balanced game is about punishing players for things they should be punished for, meanwhile rewarding players for things they should be rewarded on. You will see this idea constantly repeating in my suggestion below.

---

[​IMG]

Brave Mode is an adjusted Team Battle Mode.
    New Mechanics:
    In other modes, each player can use standard panic and nanmu once per round. This stays the same in Brave Mode, however, they will have additional usage in-game. In my opinion, one of the biggest problem for Rumble Fighter is pace of the game.
    • V-key is now a special that can be used once per round to trigger special arts.
    • Nanmu: Similar to c→Z move, Nanmu has a new input. v→X to trigger, then spam X to finish the combos.
    • Instant Transformation: Also known as Core-Skip, a user can instantly transform by using the v-special. Any point of the game where a player can Nanmu in the normal game, the player may instantly transform by burning the v-special.
    • Absolute Transformation: The user can transform with the panic animation by burning panic. This mechanic is added to increase the pace of the game. The input is (Z+X)→ A.
    • Faux Break: The user can burn both v-special and panic to do a Nanmu in the middle of being attacked by moves that can be stopped through Panic. The input is (Z+X)→V→X spam.
    • Counters(Z+C): In Brave Mode, counters are more punishing than ever at failed attempts. The counter animation will now have a longer recovery animation to avoid players from glitching through walls or attempt to spam counter→grab combo.
    Additional Note: S-Break (or Panic Cancel) and Air-Grab should still be part of the game; Air Panic should be fixed, but still viable if not fixed. Also, consider adding mid-air transformation after doing a double jump.
    [​IMG]
    Also, since we have two panic buttons and we're not using one of them. The second button will now indicate the availability of v-special in green in Brave Mode.

Restrictions to Inventory Items:
    • In Brave Mode, players are restricted from taking Inventory Items from lobby to in-game. However, Omni Sensor will be given to all players on the first round.
    • All inventory items in game will be carried on throughout the rounds of the game. This means that if Player A managed to survive on Round 1. Player A will have Omni Sensor on Round 2. However, if Player A dies in Round 2, Player A will lose all inventory items and will not have Omni Sensor on Round 3. This is to reward players for managing to stay alive.
    Restrictions to Exo-Core:
    • In Brave Mode, teams are restricted to one unique Exo-Core per player.
    • EX) Team A can only have one player with Attack Booster. Team B can also have one player with Attack Booster.
    • This is to promote certain user-made Exo-Core combinations in Team Battles.

In-Game Pop-up Items:
    [​IMG]

• In Brave Mode, when in-game pop-up items are activated, x number of "?"-crystals will spawn every x seconds at random locations of the map.
    • The "?"-crystals will contain one of the following Inventory Items:
      • Eye of Critical Damage (Very Rare)
      • Panic Attack +1 (Very Rare)
      • SP potion (Rare)
      • HP potion (Rare)
      • Lesser SP potion
      • Lesser HP potion
      • Frost Bomb
      • Spiked Nade
      • Skeleton Bomb
    • Additional note specific to Panic Attack +1: Panic Attack +1 cannot be used as a replacement to regular panic when performing any of the new mechanics that includes panic.
    Rewards for Kill(s) In-Game:
    • As many experienced players know, in Rumble Fighter, ranking system for each game is more based on points earned through doing damage rather than earning kills. This is a fair approach and I am not against it. However, in Brave Mode, when a player kills an opponent, the player is rewarded with +3 Movement Speed. This is critical in Brave Mode because there are two separate speed stats, Movement and Attack Speed and Movement Speed is fixed to 30 SPD for all players. This will be explained in detail later in this suggestion. The stat bonus will reset each round and won't be carried on.
    Rewards for Edging In-Game:
    • Being edged or falling off the map will now take 40% of the total HP without revival items. This is to not punish players too heavily for being edged early in the game.

[​IMG]
    New System for Stats:
    • Avalon Driver is restricted. As in, only certain gems in the Avalon Driver will be activated in Brave Mode. (This will be hard to balance.)
    • HP cannot exceed 3,500
    • Movement Speed (Traditional SPD): Fixed to 30
    • Speed Stats, up to a capped max (suggesting max 50), can be used to increase the attack speed
      • 10 SPD Stat = 0.5% of increased attack speed (will need to be adjusted considering MOST of the scrolls)
    • This will open up new advanced juggles
    • STR and ARM are capped to 60 MAX
    • Jump is capped to 30 MAX to avoid Air Climbing
    • SP is capped to 300 MAX to avoid spamming
    • All accessories except for Back Items are not permitted in Build-up.
    • LUCK stat will now give chance of having a reduced damage, chance is fixed to 0.2% (can be adjusted).
      • 100 LUCK (MAX) = The player will receive 50% reduced damage when LUCK stat activates.
    • Critical Attacks: Players are now rewarded for successfully doing long/extended combos. Starting from the first hit on the enemy in air, each hit will reward +10% chance of doing a critical damage up to 100% chance at 10+ combos. However, without CRT stat, there will be no critical damage.
      • 100 CRT (MAX) = The player will do additional 20% damage to opponents.
    • Additional stats gained from Gemstones are now restricted. For full build, max additional stats from gemstones are:
      • +10 for STR
      • +10 for ARM
      • +120 for SP
      • +400 for HP
      • +10 for SPD
    • Restrictions on Double Slotted Gloves:
      • Gloves with 2 slots for Gemstones is just an easier method of getting a +10 Gemstone.
      • EX) A player would need a single +10 Gemstone for single slotted glove, but two separate gemstones that add up to +10 for double slotted glove
    Player Level Based Unlocked Arts:
    • LVL 10: Absolute Transformations
    • LVL 15: Nanmu + Instant Transformations
    • LVL 20: Faux Break
    • LVL 25: Rebirth
    ---
    Final Thoughts

• Honestly, this game doesn't need new mode nor contents. We need to start removing all the broken scrolls and exo-cores, pay back the players in RC for the removed items, then start to fix and upgrade old contents. That would actually be a new content. I'm not expecting RF 2.0 2020, but a gradually progressing game with less problems than now.
    • First to 9 trend in RF has been here for so long ... why isn't this a mode yet? Instead of Sudden Death, we needed a mode where two players can agree to create a room, where each player can invite up to 3 people to spectate the game. The spectating room should be like players on Team Kill Mode. No damage to each other, still able to hit, isolated from the two players doing FT9. The spectators will be on the top of the Blacktop Melee map. If the spectators are not pressing anything, the camera focus goes to players doing FT9. That would be pretty sick.
    • If we can't bring back practice mode for shop items where we got to try out scrolls and exo-cores, we should just have 1-day versions of all scrolls and exo-cores purchasable in medal shop for 100 medals each, auto-activated. People will try certain scrolls or exo-cores, they will like it, and soon will be tired of medal farming for 1-day scrolls and exo-cores and just simply buy it.
    • Make a Tier List for each scrolls and exo-cores. For example,
      • Diamond (Almost Round): Rare Broken Items, i.e. Alkane
      • Emerald (Octagon): Non-Rare Broken items, i.e. Taurus, Tactical Bow
      • Sapphire (Hexagon): Rare Decent Items, i.e. Hello Frankie
      • Topaz (Pentagon): Non-Rare Decent Items, i.e. Hit and Run, Devil Fang
      • Ruby (Square): Rare Bad Items compared to other tiers, i.e. Martial Arts (BK)
      • Obsidian (Round): Non-Rare Bad Items compared to other tiers, i.e. Heaven's Fist, 5t Fist
      • Something similar to above and when we are making rooms, let the host choose up to what tier is acceptable in the room
    • Following the Tier Idea above, instead of making rares worth 10 carats when sold, have people trade extra rares for a similar tier box in medal shop to get another chance of receiving a rare item in the same tier
      • For example, allow players to trade in extra Sapphire tier exo-core to receive a Mystery Sapphire Chest that can be opened for a chance of earning another perm sapphire tier item. The chest should contain timed versions as well.
    • Exo-Cores in Boss Mode shouldn't be nerfed. If players find gimmicks to make the boss mode games easier, let them be. Finding these things are part of the game. These difficulty adjustments are hurting the game, especially looking at current Boss Modes. The current meta is literally for players who has spent a lot of money to get ridiculous amount of stats. New players nor current players can't follow up. Instead, we need something new to grind. Something that even new players can invest time, such as, scroll mastery.
    • Remove armors from medal shops, or at least make them statless and cheaper for looks. We can't purchase multiple pairs too.
    • Scroll Mastery Idea: (Page = Level) This is to make timed scrolls worth it.
      • Page 1: Unlocked upon obtaining the scroll. Unlocks All Basic Combos
      • Page 2: Unlocked upon successfully doing longest full juggle. Unlocks Nanmu for the scroll.
      • Page 3: Unlocked upon successfully doing advanced nanmu juggle. Unlocks a special move, enhance one of the basic combos, or ground hit, based on user's preference
    • Belt System:
      • All players start as White Belt (LVL 1), based on completing each mission for promotion, players can upgrade the belt up to Black Belt 9th Dan.
      • The belt can be equipped as an accessories for additional stats.
    Just writing down some of the things I thought about while working on this suggestion for about 6 hours now haha
    Thank you for reading :)
    edit3: press spoiler for suggestion

Last edited: Jan 28, 2019
  2. furkan13muh

furkan13muh Active Member

SUPPORT AF

Kayden likes this.
  3. [GM]Toast

[GM]Toast RedFox Games Staff Member

When it comes to design of any kind, we can trust Kayden to literally destroy the competition.

Kayden, furkan13muh and Draygashi like this.
  4. Kayden

All the good artists are gone :’(

HumoLoco likes this.
  5. HumoLoco

HumoLoco Clean Up Crew

cuz they dont like how the dirty are Nimonix has done to us that RedFox cannot figure out but HumoLoco gave hint but they didnt take it. That's their heavy loss.

Phawnix likes this.
  6. Arschgeist

Arschgeist Well-Known Member

Prizes given when?

7. Draygashi

Draygashi World Record (Al Hata), CUC

Usually 3-5 business days after the event ends. The event ends on the 31st

8. CaptainApple

CaptainApple Member

welp there goes my 0.1% chance of getting my Game Mode idea implemented
    now it's 0.0001%

maybe I could get my minigame implemented :p

9. rfSexy

rfSexy Art Potato & Clean Up Crew

@Kayden No reason for effort on a ded gaem lool. jk i'm too lazy and just not worth it for me to go all out.

HumoLoco likes this.
  10. Kayden

That’s why this post has almost no pictures haha

rfSexy and HumoLoco like this.
  11. [GM]Toast

[GM]Toast RedFox Games Staff Member

Entries are now over and we will begin reading all the entries. Any entry we believe that qualifies for a grand prize will be proof read, translated, and sent directly to our developer's inbox.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.