Tournaments

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rinnegan, Jun 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rinnegan

Rinnegan Guild War Master, Scroll Masters Champion

Does anyone know if there's going to be some tournaments this year? I like the game but it's kinda event fighter right now.

2. Starberry

Starberry Community Moderator (RuF) Discord Admin (RuF & 9D) Forum Moderator

Tournaments are being internally discussed, so I can't share much details until things are confirmed. Once they are confirmed, an announcement will be made.

We hope to have a tournament during the months of either July or August, but there is no date set in stone.

Rinnegan likes this.
  3. Tsunada

Tsunada New Member

I hope we get a Tournaments again! 2v2 Team Demo!

Rinnegan likes this.
  4. Phawnix

Phawnix Clean Up Crew

can we have ddos tournaments?

Scrpz, HumoLoco and Rinnegan like this.
  5. LaurenLuvz

LaurenLuvz New Member

Can we have a banning tournaments? To see who ban first!

Rinnegan likes this.
  6. HumoLoco

HumoLoco Clean Up Crew

Don't disappoint in me like last time y'all screwed up. I hope next tournament show a super professional and zero tolerance rule. ;>

oTedd, Scrpz and Rinnegan like this.
  7. Starberry

We'll do our best to make sure mistakes are not repeated from the previous tournament. To start, we will no longer offer players to "fill" spots of players who did not show up to their match. If you have any ideas on how we can improve the user experience for the participants and viewers, please do let me know.

More stricter regulations will be applied for our next tournament. If a player does not show up to their match, their prizes will be revoked if we are not notified before the start of your scheduled match time.

Rinnegan and HumoLoco like this.
  8. HumoLoco

HumoLoco Clean Up Crew

I got a question, can we have the winner and loser bracket and combine bracket? If so, I can give more detail about winner, loser, and combine brackets it will prevent to "fill" spots of players who didn't show up to their match. to help you get new idea. If not, it's pointless for me to talk about it.

Rinnegan likes this.
  9. Starberry

It would be appreciated if you could share some wisdom on this idea of yours!

10. HumoLoco

HumoLoco Clean Up Crew

It's very simple bracket system.

It would be need larger players. around more than 50 player will do.

We will have four brackets are the participants, winner, loser, and combine brackets.

If the participants is the winner goes to the winner bracket, so for loser player goes to the loser bracket.

the winner bracket; when the winner player win goes to the combine bracket, so for loser win goes to the combine bracket they have chance to win the combine bracket.

In case for who player didn't show up they must be expelled from the tournament, the player win and goes to loser bracket. in order to fill spot for the same event.

combine bracket is where the real tournament right there.

So we didn't rid of the participants. because they will be our fill spot for the loser bracket if the player doesn't show up.

pretty simple?

in our previous tournament has only winner bracket. Which is single elimination. What I talk about is double elimination.

If you unsure what I picture.

Let's example.

Participants:
    HumoLoco
    Starberry

GM Gourdy
    GM Shadow

GM Toast
    Yusuke

Draygashi
    DeathScooby

RandomGuyDidn'tShowUp
    NotReady

Boost1
    Maomi

Boost2
    Tamirtov

GuyDidn'tShowUp
    Zeept

Winner:
    HumoLoco
    GM Gourdy

Yusuke
    DeathScooby

Loser:
    Starberry
    GM Shadow

GMToast
    Draygashi

NotReady
    Maomi

Tamirtov
    Zeept

Combine:
    HumoLoco
    GM Shadow

Yusuke
    GM Toast

NotReady
    Tamirtov

SemiFinal
    Winner
    HumoLoco
    GM Toast

Loser
    GM Shadow
    Yusuke

Combine:
    NotReady
    Yusuke

GM Toast
    GM Shadow

Final
    HumoLoco
    NotReady

Yusuke
    GM Toast

Champion
    Winner

GM Toast
    Humoloco

Loser:
    NotReady
    Yusuke

Combine
    HumoLoco
    NotReady

Edit: Forget to add the place

1st NotReady
    2nd HumoLoco
    3rd GM Toast

Last edited: Jul 7, 2019
    Rinnegan likes this.
  11. Starberry

From what I understand about double elimination tournaments :

If you win : You advance normally to the next round.

If you lose : The loser of that match then competes with the loser of another match. If you lose again, you're out for the count entirely. If you win, you advance to the next match of where you face the loser of the next round.

This repeats until the loser of the final (normal winners bracket) faces off against the last man standing from the losing bracket for runner-up.

----------

If your system works differently, please let me know. If you can even provide a chart demonstration of how it should look like, that would be awesome too.

Tengu, Rinnegan and HumoLoco like this.
  12. HumoLoco

HumoLoco Clean Up Crew

Yea basically look like this
    How should participant look like
    [​IMG]

In a few week look like:
    [​IMG]

the between HumoLoco vs GM Gourdy could have two match if possible. For example:
    If HumoLoco win, there no second match. Because HumoLoco don't have to jump to the Loser Bracket.
    If GM Gourdy win, there will be the second match. Because HumoLoco has to jump to the Loser Bracket. The Final Loser Bracket.

Edit:
    Forget to question.
    Look at Starberry and Yusuke being moved to loser bracket because their opponent didn't show up. But other Boost2 and RandomGuyDidn'tShowup was their goal to trap the ip address which is they showed up and lose on purpose it or probably to ddos the target.

What you think? If any circumstances has happened, how would RedFox staff handle it?
    Even with my chart, is obv "move on".

Last edited: Jul 8, 2019
    Draygashi and Rinnegan like this.
  13. Androids17

Androids17 New Member

Double Team Demo Android18 and I will win!

Rinnegan likes this.
  14. Starberry

I apologize for the late response. I appreciate the explanation on this. We may not be able to utilize this tournament system for our next tournament though, but thank you! Either way, we hope that our next tournament will go out smoothly.

In regards to your concern : To prevent targeted attacks on specific players, we encourage participants to practice only with trusted friends. I understand that players may want to practice and hone their skills, but to mitigate targeted attacks against a user, I strongly suggest practicing in private. If you must go public, please take extra precautions and ensure you have a backup plan to get back up and running in the event of a disconnection. Additionally, please do not tell other players your scheduled match times.

To further mitigate targeted attacks, we hope to utilize a Stream Delay of 5-10 minutes. Even higher if it is necessary. In the event of any suspected account sharing during the tournament, we may do internal investigations against a player's account.

-----------------------

@Rinnegan

Keep your eyes peeled.

15. HumoLoco

HumoLoco Clean Up Crew

If next tournament is not slick? What would better system for the future tournament? I just advised a better system, but I wanna hear it out too you don't have to give a detail.

I agreed with what the detail of you said in regards of my concern. It is indeed effective when I doing it with DeathScooby, but he only has issues with his own shetty internet that is. But only one problem, what if DeathScooby disconnect, and let me log in his account as his back up to running in the event of a disconnection and untraceable? I am sure it is applied to everyone players using this exploit. The untraceable I talk about the illegal stuff, for example: I can change my ip address, you can ensure where he live in area, and the action the same as his playstyle role then the real himself claimed winning? Even another scheduled rematch where he won't be able to show up but let me log in his account to take his show up? Even they could come with old method in OGP, if you knew so everyone should know about it. RedFox staffs has no idea too. You and we knew as well. I wondering if RedFox staff already know about the dark history or hidden past of Rumble Fighter.

You know, I used to play tournament other game, they move on if we disconnect and wont have rematch yet sent us to the loser brackets with different opponents. Some other game don't give a shet, they dropped it out and move on to next one sometime with a zero tolerance I don't pleased with them. A bunch of them have their own system for tournament, but in our previous tournaments is too weak even it gave me a good ptsd of OGP's ugly tournaments.

However, I will watch the next tournament if that is increase your redfox staff's expected the effective. I only participant if there's better system for tournaments the one I talk about I played tournament other games. ;>

Rinnegan likes this.
  16. HakoKuroi

HakoKuroi New Member

Delete the Tournament Channel already!

Rinnegan likes this.
  17. Rinnegan

Rinnegan Guild War Master, Scroll Masters Champion

18. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

Can you do normal matches as best 2 of 3 and Finals being 3 of 5 with the Losers Bracket player having to win best 3 of 5 twice like the FGC? <3 Also with round winners having to choose/ready first and loser has the option of picking second.

Rinnegan likes this.
  19. Starberry

Thank you for your suggestion. We'll take this into consideration.

---------------------

As of October 9th, 2019 : Tournaments are TBA (To be announced.)

Tengu and Rinnegan like this.
  20. Pasha

Pasha Well-Known Member

^ ehm ehm Do yall got enough players to even fill the brackets? I think its gonna be worst Tournament in RF history ,since 90% of Skilled players quitted already .

HumoLoco likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.