Player Base and Content

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CarlosRonaldo, Jul 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CarlosRonaldo

CarlosRonaldo New Member

Over the years I've seen the player base decrease dramatically. I remember back in 2010 logging into Rumble fighter and seeing about 10 pages of lobbies with them being pretty much full. Honestly this game is slowly dying and we all know it but I believe there are ways that can catch the eye of newer players and increase how many people that this game again. I feel starting with the basic stuff is a new trailer. We've had the same intro to Rumble Fighter Unleashed for a few years now and I feel we need something new in order to catch peoples eyes. I feel making a fresh trailer for Rumble Fighter could definitely catch eyes of a lot of newer players. I have seen newer players play so its not impossible for this game to make a comeback. Also, to help newer players we have 3 channels that are never used (Amateur, Semi Pro, and Precision). These need to be changed to help newer players get more used to playing with people of similar skill and if they wish to play in the free channel there should be a message warning them that there are people in the free channel that are extremely experienced and if they are prepared for anything. This could make players wonder "hey I wonder how I could do in the free channel" then see how well all veterans play and be like maybe I should play in my designated channel to get better and then challenge those players in the future. So these 3 empty broken channels definitely should be fixed for newer players. Now the intro to showing players how to play the game. I feel what we have right now is okay for basics then there should be a intro on how to do advanced moves so newer players at least have some type of chance of improving a lot.

Now I would like to talk about content. I know I'm not the only one that believes that there is a lack of content motivation in the shop. Yes all the boxes that come out for rare stuff is cool but how long ago has it been since there has been a new costume or item announced in shop. A long time am I right? This game has a very talented community and I've seen outfits that could look extremely cool in the game but never has seen any outcome in the game. Now the scrolls and exocores I feel are a little different but if you think about it there has been more rare scrolls and exos that have been announced rather than new scrolls or exos that are carat or rc. There are too many rare scrolls that have been made recently. Yes I can see the company running out of ideas of scrolls because theres only so many things you can do with that, but exos that's all creative ideas that are needed to make a new one. Also I feel they need to relax on the re scrolls I feel making so many re scrolls makes it seem like the company gave up on trying to make new scrolls. I want to also talk about the boss mode. When is the last time since we got a brand new boss mode and boss outfit? All the bm's (boss modes) that I have seen that came back are all old and outdated. Then there's the mini games where we had 1 game made people liked it then no more has been made so the mini games in plaza are pretty much useless. This just brings everything back to creativity and laziness.

So overall, to make a comeback I believe there needs a little more creativity in content and there needs to be something done to help newer players enjoy the game.

- p. s. This is my personal thoughts of the things wrong about the game and ways to improve the game. If you think you have ideas to help improve this game lets get the company to notice what they need to do and post here in this forum. :D

xSavage21 likes this.
  2. Drevius

Drevius Comic Book Creator & Clean Up Crew

Nimonix literally doesnt care

Hercule, Scrpz, SolTrigger and 4 others like this.
  3. Logic

Logic Clean Up Crew

The channels are dead not really because they are broke its because they are no people in them and this game gets maybe 1 legit new player every month at most not enough to sustain a channel when they play very little. They could drop the amount of channels to amature and free and let anyone 1-15 allowed into amature channel but I doubt it will do anything.

This has been discussed a lot already yes they should have more sets and shop items instead of just boxes.

For a comeback they need to innovate new moon like stages, innovative moving screens, hardcore bm that rewards high tier items with no junk, make scrolls look cool instead of giving them all dashes that instant kill and get people annoyed, make a connect option for games that are started already so people aren't waiting in the lobby when theres space available.. need to remove reviving in battle mode for anyone above the level 15...they need to fix steam and actually display that you play.... they need to pay a streamer that can get a few thousand views on twitch to promote the game... invest in excess cash into youtube ads on fighting game videos.... if I was in the manager for this game it would be less dead not to say it doesn't require effort for something so old. They dont allocate resources correctly the tourney and mode attempt is great the gms are nice but they dont follow the right advice nor do they understand the game how it works or what would be well received. As someone 28 and whos played since they are 17 I know what makes this game fun and what doesn't I know whats making it boring its
    Dumb scrolls with gimmicks that kill players in annoying ways
    No games, no way to join a game if their is a game made
    DDOSING
    No real rewarding BM
    Moving screens are bland
    No new ledge moon inspired maps, just 3 re-colors, none with the breakable floor feature..
    No level gems or flags, levels are pointless I seen the idea of a battle pass for xp which is a good idea
    No trade system countless items just sitting being wasted, they could even make trades cost rc..
    They are trying to cater to 1vs1'rs and tried to revive gw's all fine and good, but thats a minority people want moon, people want demos, people would even appreciate a new bm if it gave good items every time instead of 3 day cat ears....ffs competent coder could do most of them in a month...

Last edited: Jul 22, 2019
  4. Hercule

Hercule Well-Known Member

Or they could break up the cliques and have the teams in free channel on random. They could even take it a step further and make the teams anonymous by blocking out the opponents name, or if thats too extreme, simply a button that takes you immediately into a match from the lobby. Sorta like a ready button just in the lobby. Have you heard of my suggestion, Quick Start button? Maybe just simply giving us an option to bypass cliques, stacked teams and overall the toxicness of literally EVERYONE ELSE, would we all just shut up and Rumble? o.o

5. HumoLoco

HumoLoco Clean Up Crew

Ooo now you mention it. I forget to something important suggestion.

6. Maomi

Maomi Clean Up Crew

I'd love a quick-start button, no more scrolling through rooms and waiting 5 minutes for the game to start! Press the Quick-Start button, automatically creates a room and starts a counter (perhaps 10-15 seconds) with other players who pressed the button. Easy gaming!

Hercule likes this.
  7. Hercule

Thank you... people seem to have forgotten because the amount of players have decreased that even in the heights of activity IT STILL TOOK FAR TOO LONG TO FIND A MATCH.

You had to scroll through the rooms playing a map that doesn’t suc in your eyes, hope your enemies aren’t on a kicking spree, if they let you in it’s prob because they have all of their mans on the same team against some noobs. You lose or put FAR more effort than needed to clutch. Get first, pray to god your mans are online/not busy to join so you have a better chance in match 2. If your not on the short end of that stick it’s probably because your on the good side of this.

By the time all is said, the room looks like a combination of a guild war and Hyper Mode. How is anyone getting better at the game like this? Why don’t we save the option of picking our mates for guild war/ranked matches only and throw away picking of opponents all together?

If what our opponents are using is a problem in FREE after this (oh noes we ran into that asshat with Sage BLK again) than maybe FREE shouldn’t be so FREE afterall. *cough enforce a ban list cough*

If what our opponents are using in guild war is a problem after this(oh noes 100str and Yellow Dragon? Not my precious LP) than maybe guild war rules shouldn’t be community enforced... if the whole game has a standard for guild war (40- no s-tier stuff) than why is the only thing stopping me from quickly changing loadouts before game starts to my money suit is the kindness of my heart and honor?

Maomi likes this.
  8. Logic

Logic Clean Up Crew

I literally suggested that a year ago plus a few weeks ago plus just now, but yes they need a auto connect/quick start button for games that aren't full, they also need to disable wings for this feature.

Hercule likes this.
  9. CarlosRonaldo

CarlosRonaldo New Member

I absolutely agree. Just something needs to be done before this game gets removed permanently.

10. Drevius

Drevius Comic Book Creator & Clean Up Crew

@Hercule Would your suggestion include settings like if you wanted to just hop into a certain gamemode? Or is it just all randomized from the get go?

11. Hercule

My suggestion was vaguely an option to get a player straight into a game from the lobby.

What I personally wanted was yes, get us into a room playing any map that loaded with 6-8 people. But that might be rendered useless by people who only want to play one map. Therefore whats best for the game would be to beta test modes/scrolls/exos simply because the community is the game. If my suggestion becomes a thing, and nobody plays it because it’s not their favorite map than easily in the final version or reworked beta they could change it to

- Quick Start and you can select which maps specifically you wanna play

Pro: easiest change to code, not alot of change to the game is safe since everyone wants to play the same maps.
    Con: without random teams this is definitely the same thing were playing with extra steps. does not give new maps a chance.

- Quick start and you can select which SET from a RedFox made(or player made suggested?) list of maps you wanna play (wanna play [your fav map]? than you also have to play [2 other unpopular maps])

Pro: leaves potential for exclusiveness on overplayed maps, gives unplayed maps playtime, with random teams this is fun as ****. Opens potential for light hearted and conceptually fun event prizes. We could vote on map packs? They could be random? Winners of fisticuffs can make ones? Winners of higher competition events could make more exclusive ones like theyre allowed to pick the same map twice in a pack or mix Rumble Mode maps and Battle mode ones together.

Con: YOU MUST MUST MUST MUST ALWAYS BE CHANGING THE MAP PACKS AVAILABLE EVERY COUPLE UPDATES. This WILL GET REPETITIVE UNLESS YOU DO. Again, this is assuming the game goes forward with the no picking teams thing.

- Quick start and you autofill an already made room. You, would just be a person in lobby whos locked in their loadout and a room already made would just have an unlocked character filling the spot. Similar to how the bots in AI mode waiting room look like.

Pro: those who wanna stack teams can stack their teams in free channel and now dont gotta wait for their rooms to fill

Con: you’ll end up filling rooms faster however, unless someone makes a room other than the ones they’re making now.... all youll be doing is filling spots in rooms with the same ole map

The point is to implement it in the best interest of the game. I simply wanted someone to address the problem of waiting too long to start a game but that solution can easily kill two birds one stone with the map packs or random teams ect. Or not, beta testing is where you figure stuff like that out.

Im a firm believer if classic mode was beta tested the staff would’ve figured out what we learned in the first hour of playing it. The ban list sucks. Which is why it was tweaked. And it still sucks. No further changes. Why? It was in such popular demand? Because nobody beta tested, now if they were testing it and were dedicated to giving what the players want not what we asked for.

they would’ve seen the motivation for classic mode wasnt to actually play classic stuff, it was to play with underplayed stuff... people aren’t bothering with it because you cant use AB and Shoot, it sucks because you cant even use everything thats not overpowered and overused. If I specialize in Krav Maga(example) id be tight. It doesnt hold up against Yellow Dragon(op example) and is easily outplayed by Shoot(ou example). And thats the 80% of the support for Classic mode that got it to be a thing and aint play it since it came out....

This sht is obvious in hindsight but wheres the dedicated man power? Nobody gets it right the first try, just as if i were to go forward with one of my concepts for Quick Start button without testing it’ll be the same thing as classic mode, harlem boss mode, true battle mode, defense, every scroll/exo that came and needed/needs to be tweaked... doomed for failure.

12. Sasori

Sasori Active Member

There’s no hope, game is finished. Selling the game would be the best option.

13. Arschgeist

Arschgeist Well-Known Member

This all would have been great, maybe 3-4 years ago. The game is hard-coded to be the way it is now, forever. And nobody can enjoy a game as Pay 2 Win like RF.

Runescape is 93rd most streamed game on Twitch (this week) and RF has too much bullshit to ever get popular. Take away all the shop mechanics, the business model, all the unfair bullshit and you MIGHT have a game that everyone can enjoy and make popular again.

14. Sasori

Sasori Active Member

It can be fixed by good developers, but known game companies won’t take rf due to Nimonix asking for too much.
    Rf is their only game and they’re struggling to keep it alive.
    Atleast two games I play nerfed gambling in their game. When they did players were more likely to spend money.

15. Phawnix

Phawnix Clean Up Crew

another "save the game" thread, i wonder how many of these there are now

16. xSavage21

xSavage21 Active Member

Advice for Nimonix
    -Start making more scrolls into Carats.
    -Make the store more like Gem Fighter Store (Gem Fighter Store is Beautiful Shaman is 15k I Guess that makes sense based on the Demographic tho)

Last edited: Jul 24, 2019
    Arschgeist likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.