Direction of game and new players

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by xBray, Mar 30, 2016.

1. xBray

xBray New Member

From someone who is new to 9Dragons, having seen the "revamped" game and experienced some of the aspects, I'd like to ask some of the experienced and long-time players of this MMORPG if this game is heading in the right direction? For new players, like myself, it's truly discouraging to scroll through the forums and see threads upon threads of complaints, issues and belittling of the company and the way the game is. I don't want to invest a lot of my time (which could be used playing more promising mmorpgs) in a game with no future and a diminishing player base. I've also seen how heavily p2w this game is, not to mention how overpriced the cash shop is. I'd love to hear the opinions of veterans and experienced players alike.

Werewolf likes this.
  2. Blitzcronk

Blitzcronk Well-Known Member

Honest opinion. This game is in a horrendous state and it has been going down hill since Acclaim, over 10 years ago. This game is heavily p2w, the grind is slow and the content/patches are so bad, you will never see new expansions.

You will not enjoy this as a new player unless you have a lot of patience and you can look past how outdated the game is.

The developers are **** awful and every patch something goes wrong.

The support is okay but the staff have little game knowledge

This game is suppose to be the updated kr version but it is missing a ton of content and there are some item mall based content that isn't on the KR version. This is a bad alpha test for content kr might get.

ihgyug and dometsotkazp like this.
  3. dometsotkazp

dometsotkazp Member

** this game and move on so we get 5x rates ^_^

4. xBray

xBray New Member

The out dated graphic and game engine don't seem to bother me much in MMORPGs as long as the content flows and the community is welcoming. Although as i began to read more into the forums and posts it seems as if this game is on its last straws. **** patches, in-game content rarely being updated, broken quests and god forbid how p2w this game is. Probably the worst p2w I've ever seen in any MMORPG, and for what? I enjoyed the style of the game and the lore, but who gives a ** about lore when the negatives outweigh the positives but 10/1. I'll move on I guess, was a good little experience but not worth the investment.

Zukee and Blitzcronk like this.
  5. Blitzcronk

This is not a welcoming community either. With no active in-game staff, you should read what people say in global chat channel.

6. xBray

xBray New Member

Yeah so I've noticed. New players getting trolled, people being belittled, spam, etc. etc.

I guess the only reason you guys are around is the hope it would return to the way it was or too much time invested already?

7. xBray

xBray New Member

Method, I'm not too familiar with the game, which is why I've asked for experienced players opinions. I've also based my judgements off of numerous forum threads and experiences within the game. I've also played many MMORPGs and yes p2w is an issue in this one, whether you like to deny it or not. Lack of development and staff output also contributes to having a shitty MMORPG. I know you must personally enjoy this game and that's your opinion, I'd like to know why you enjoy the game, maybe I'd give it a second chance.

machatzi likes this.
  8. FuriaAlba

FuriaAlba Well-Known Member

The game how it is right you can play it, besides refine everything else is quite obtainable without to much hasle if you don't mind waiting some time to achieve it. But if you want to go into details yes the game has quite alot of problems.

9. Blitzcronk

League has worse graphics than 9D? This has the graphics of a ps2 game at best. Every mmo is 'p2w' no that's ********.

Why do you think they give you exp cards and be, to be nice? You're deluded.

You cannot get everything in this game for free, certain items come from the mall, you don't get those for free

machatzi and ihgyug like this.
  10. FuriaAlba

I'm not that much of graphics person, but I think playing 9D with everything maxed out looks ok. Well at least on GC where everything was glowing added more bright colors made it look nice for my eyes.

Szafka likes this.
  11. Hegemonic

Hegemonic Member

Are you stupid? There are people spending thousands of dollars that do nothing but stand in hefei that are miles ahead of everyone else.

Blitzcronk likes this.
  12. Blitzcronk

You kept on that horrible glare? That made the game look so unnaturally blurry.

If you don't spend a penny you will never be in the top. It's impossible.

machatzi likes this.
  13. FuriaAlba

Looked decent to me, maybe depends on your monitor?

Also I never played to want to be in the "top" I just play for the lulz and I never spent money on games. Althou I am thinking to buy a voice pack in a game, haven't really decided yet.

14. xBray

xBray New Member

As soon as i joined i turned that horrible glare off, was like looking through a foggy window

15. xBray

xBray New Member

But back to the issue at hand, is the end-game/progression through higher levels rewarding and enjoyable?

Blitzcronk likes this.
  16. Hegemonic

Hegemonic Member

Honestly, imo the biggest problem with 9dragons is the uncertainty of whether it will shut down or not. With other games, I can play them with almost 100% certainty that I won't lose everything I worked for in a few months or years. With this game, I don't know anymore.

17. Blitzcronk

Depends what you consider end game and enjoyable. Let's say end game HG you need 100% to level and per level you're on 0.03 per kill, roughly 13-15 a level without cards. That's end level rates.

There are no big expansions and all you will be doing is grinding in dungeons getting drops rarely. The only end game content is farming. The bosses have zero mechanics you need to know about.

In a few weeks you could hit close to cap with a bit of work but is it rewarding. . Eh it is subjective.

18. Hegemonic

Hegemonic Member

The game honestly starts once you reach the cap lvl. From there you can truly enjoy the pvp (tho i'm not sure how with this anti-pk pill) and farm the more rewarding dungeons and bosses in the game (if they fix the drop rate).

19. Blitzcronk

The bosses are not rewarding. You kill them and repeat. There is no learning curve to any dungeon and the dungeon might last like 20 minutes or so at best. The gear doesn't open anything new, you just farm for the highest gear.

You spend weeks on Kylin gear and do what? Make a new char, participate in the very rare pvp?

Milka and Zukee like this.
  20. ihgyug

ihgyug Active Member

I just noticed that we can't PK someone that we recently PKed. When they added it?Lol