Currency Exchange system

Discussion in 'Etc' started by Tigre95, Apr 4, 2016.

?

Do you support the Currency Exchange system idea?

1. I support the Currency Exchange system idea.

2. I support the Currency Exchange system idea but it need improvement. (Provide Details please)

3. I don't support the Currency Exchange system idea. (Explain why please)

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Tigre95

Tigre95 Member

The Currency Exchange system or "Market" system, would be a system as simple as possible allowing players to exchange RC for Carat and Carat for RC in a safe way, without worrying about being scammed, it wouldn't involve any item trading, only currencies.
    What do you think about the Currency Exchange system idea?
    Remember to vote if you are interested in the idea please, it is important.

Here is how i think the Currency Exchange system could work:
    There would be a "Market" button at the bottom of the screen in the main menu.
    When the player click the button the Markets Windows would appear.
    There would be two tabs: "RC markets" where the player would be able to see the list of RC offers and add his own, and "Carat markets" where the player would be able to see the list of Carat offers and add his own..
    When the player is in the "RC Markets" tab, if he click the "Create Market" button a window would appear where he would imput the amount of RC he want to sell and the Carat price he wants for it then he would click a button to validate the offer and it would be added to the list.
    When the player is in the "Carat Markets" tab, if he click the "Create Market" button a window would appear where he would imput the amount of Carat he want to sell and the RC price he wants for it then he would click a button to validate the offer and it would be added to the list.
    Each offers in the list would display the name of the seller, the amount of RC/Carat he is selling, the price
    For example imagine that you have 1000 RC and you want 80 000 Carats, you would click the "RC Markets" tab you would click the "Create Marlet" button and imput "Sell: 1000 RC ; Price: 80 000 Carats" and click "Accept", your Market would be displayed on the list of Markets in the "RC Markets" tab, if someone has 80 000 Carats and is interested in your offer, he will select your Market and click the "Buy" button to accept your offer, 80 000 Carats would be withdraw from his account and added to your account, 1000 RC would be withdraw from your account and added to his account.
    (This is only a rough idea, it could be made better/simplier)

Here is an image exemple of what the Market Room could looks like, Made by Stefan. (Subject to add more elements to it)
    MarketRoom.png
    How do you think the Currency Exchange system could work if it was implemented?

Here are, in my opinion, the pros and cons about the Currency Exchanging system.
    Pros:
    No risk of being scammed using the Currency Exchange system.
    It might be faster and easier to find a trade, you will just have to check the "Currency Exchange" window often, sending a mega telling people to check your offer could help.
    Trading will become a safe and official activity in the game, the Gifting system will retrieve it's main function.
    Any player would be able to participate in RC spender events using RC obtained from trade.
    Cons:
    The Currency Exchange system might be dependent of the release of interesting carat items, not really a con as this already apply to the way we currently trade.
    As long as it is possible to hack, the system would need to be limited to limit abuse from hacking, this apply to any kind of trading system involving Carat and Carat Items trading.
    What do you think would be the pros and cons of the Currency Exchanging system?

Please vote and leave constructive criticisms to improve the idea.

Important Community suggestions:

- The player would have to be at least level 15 (Guardian) to gain access to the Market.
    - The player's market would be protected by his 2nd Password.
    - The amount of Carat and RC a player would be able to trade weekly/monthly would be limited, limiting abuse of the system from hacking.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2016
    ltemCollector likes this.
  2. Yusuke

Yusuke Best Dressed

Support.

Fraud and Tigre95 like this.
  3. DannyPhantom

DannyPhantom Mastermind

Support sir

Tigre95 likes this.
  4. Stefan

Stefan Member

I can help you with the UI on game to provide example. I would also suggest an option for locking your market with a password for certain people for access. Atleast level 15(being a guardian) to gain access on market.

Tigre95 likes this.
  5. Tigre95

Tigre95 Member

Thank you for supporting guys.

Providing image exemples would be a very good thing for the suggestion, i'd be glad if you could help with it.
    Level 15 to access the market and password are good and important ideas, i will add them to the suggestion, thank you.

6. Shana

Shana Creator of Heartseeker, SF, IAS, BD & CC

Yeah if trading is something that Redfox would put concern on, it would make sense to implement this.

But on the business side of things, is where everyone gets skeptical. Trading as of now is a privilege since the scamming puts the frequency of trading in check (people will only trade to people they trust). With this implemented, would dramatically increase trades, and thus might harm the sales of the RC items by a lot.

Maybe the rates should benefit the company a lot than the player for this to make a lot of sense

7. Stefan

Stefan Member

I was thinking aswell adding a tax for every market opened. 0,1% of Carats/Credits on market. The taxes cumulates and monthly there gonna be one lucky trader for the carats, and one for credits, or 50-50.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2016
  8. Tigre95

Tigre95 Member

If this system dramatically increase trades, doesn't that mean that more players will buy RC to trade for Carats? Isn't it a good thing for the company? How would that harm the sales of the RC items? What would be good rates that would benefit the company, would it be for exemple a "very high" amount of carat for a "very low" amount of RC?
    Sorry, english isn't my mother language so it's a bit hard for me to understand sometimes. :confused:

9. Shana

Well the thing about how we trade now, is that we have to buy our stuff to trade, but with this trading system, we can just take what we own and trade. It becomes a much different form of trading. That would increase trading so dramatically since there is less buying and more people just selling what they owned (especially when some has transferred their accounts with all their stuff).

But on the other hand, if we are forced to buy new items in order to trade, then I can see potential in this system

And about the rates, I would say as lower as the standard 1/8 for selling items (so a huge, huge carat price to get an RC item)

10. Tigre95

Tigre95 Member

Interesting idea but i was thinking the system should be "simple" so the developpers might be interested in implementing it so i'd like to keep the idea as simple as possible for now, with only the basic things.
    The developpers might also think about the benefit they could get from this system, in this case they might think about adding a RC tax to pay to put Currency for sale on the Market, i'm not sure they would give it to one lucky trader monthly, but why not, it's a possibility.

11. Tigre95

Tigre95 Member

Ooh, i see what you mean now. I may have not be clear enough about it, this system would not involve any item trading (like scrolls, exos, potions, etc) it would be a system to trade only currency for currency, we wouldn't be able to trade anything but the currencies "RC" and "Carat".
    For example imagine that you have 1000 RC and you want 80 000 Carats, you would go on the "Selling RC" part of the market and create an offer: "1000 RC : 80 000 Carats", the offer will be displayed on the "Buying RC" part of the market, if someone has 80 000 Carats and is interested in your offer, he will click on the button to accept your offer, 80 000 Carats would be withdraw from his account and added to your account, 1000 RC would be withdraw from your account and added to his account.

Here is an example of what a similar system looks like on another game:
    (In this game you can directly trade in game currency (Gold) for paid currency (NCoin) with players.
    Left: in game currency for sale (Gold). Middle: rate, best rates are displayed first. Right: Price of paid currency (NCoin) the player want for his Gold, if someone is interested in the offer he just has to click the bag button to buy the Gold with his NCoin)
    Expl.PNG

Last edited: Apr 4, 2016
  12. Shana

For something like that, I would probably make the conversion a fixed value. Because I don't think anyone would price their currency really really low than they normally should.

13. Tigre95

Tigre95 Member

That could be a good idea but i think that would limit the system a lot, the rates change with time, like it became easier to get carats when the daily quest system was implemented and the amount of carat we used to trade for CC increased, the staff would have to constantly change the rates and if the players feel the rates arn't good enough they won't be interested in trading with this system anymore.
    I find it best to let the player choose the amount or RC they want to trade, the amount of Carat they want for it and vice versa, that will be like we have allways been doing using the Gifting system but with a safer and easier way to do it. If a player put a low price (in my opinion) like 1000 RC for 60 000 Carats, that will be a very good offer and someone will accept the offer in no time, if a player put a high price like 1000 RC for 120 000 Carats, someone may accept the offer if all the better offers are gone, if no one does the player will have to decrease the amount of Carats he is asking for.

The rates might change a lot sometimes but i think they should stay constant in the end, if a player sell his RC for a very high price and someone buy it everyone may follow and put a very high price, once the big amount of carats are used the rates will decrease no one will have enough carats to buy it.
    I just realised one very important obstacle to this system or any kind of trade system involving Carat or Carat items: Hackers.
    If a player can get a crazy amount of carat in no time by hacking he could buy all the offers on the market and ruin the economy, as long as it is possible to hack, the system would need some kind of security to prevent it which i guess would require more work than i thought.

Anyway it's late here, i'm going to sleep, have a good day/night.

14. Stefan

Stefan Member

That's why I was thinking of a limit per Day/week

Tigre95 likes this.
  15. Tigre95

Tigre95 Member

Good idea, adding it to the original post, it would limit the hackers and would not really penalize honest traders, it would just leave them some time to make new Carats while waiting to be able to trade again.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2016
  16. Tigre95

Tigre95 Member

Added "Market" button image exemple, made by Stefan.

17. MrDaril

MrDaril Member

This is a great idea.
    Support! Fixes lots of the stuff and the pros heavily out weigh the cons.

Tigre95 likes this.
  18. ashton500

ashton500 Member

Supported. Sounds like a really good idea for every1 in general and especially for those who dont buy RC.

19. Tigre95

Tigre95 Member

Added Market Room + Market Button image exemple, made by Stefan.

Thanks for supporting guys.

20. Stefan

Stefan Member

Add limits just for buyer, the seller have no restriction. Will be Set a value for each player as weekly or monthly that fills while buying. 1st exchange of the month won't count to the restriction value.