[Plaza] Marketplace Suggestion Revamp (in progress)

Discussion in 'Game Modes' started by LegendaryJin, Apr 10, 2016.

?

Would you like to have a system such as this in-game?

1. Absolutely! (please add any input for suggestion)

2. Absolutely not! (please give opinion)

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. LegendaryJin

LegendaryJin Well-Known Member

Hello, thanks for viewing.
    I originally made a suggestion similar to this back on OGPlanet and it got some pretty positive feedback. With recent discussions about trading and alternatives I've decided to revamp this suggestion. Please feel free to state your most honest opinion on the matter, I just ask that you leave the flaming and general shitposting to other sections. ^_^

Original OGPlanet thread:
    http://web.archive.org/web/20140922022410/http://nforum.ogplanet.com/rf/forum_posts.asp?TID=588217

Note: NimoniX and RedFox reserve the right to change this however they see fit if they choose to add a system similar to this.

Introduction:

This Marketplace allows players to buy/sell currently owned items that opens by clicking on an NPC in the Plaza. Please read on to further sections to gain a full understanding of how this would work.

Examples:
    Below shows an example of the NPC in Plaza:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Below shows an example of the inside of the Marketplace window:
    [​IMG]
    Note: These prices are for the sake of the example, not an assumed price value.

Rules:

• Players must reach level 20 in order to sell items on the Marketplace. A Merchant Patch in the Item Shop becomes available upon reaching level 20, and allows players to sell on the Marketplace. It will be stored in the License section of their inventory.
    • Players must reach level 15 in order to buy items from the Marketplace.
    • Items may only be sold for Credits.
    • Upon sale on an item, a certain % is taken out as a tax. The amount is at the descretion of NimoniX.
    • The only items eligible to be sold on the Marketplace are as follow: [Items that were purchased with Credits from the Item Shop that have been slotted with any kind of Gem]; [Items that were once available for purchase in the Item Shop, but are no longer available]; [Items that are not available in the Item Shop].
    • Pouch items may be sold for carats (optional).
    • Scrolls and Exocores are excluded (optional).

Benefits:

• Items will retain rarity as players would not have to depend on the re-release (spender) of certain items to have a chance to purchase them. Rarity is lost every time an exclusive item is re-released.
    • Players will be inclined to purchase Credits in order to purchase items on the Marketplace. This turns a profit for NimoniX and RedFox just by being a part of the game.
    • Works hand-in-hand with Spender events in a sense that people who get multiple of an item can put it up for sale.

I will be adding more content to this thread as the ideas come in. Please discuss this suggestion below and please refrain from being a troll/flamer. Please keep this thread civil.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2016
    tamirtov, Benoon, rfSexy and 4 others like this.
  2. LegendaryJin

Reserved for future use.

Rinnegan and CrownedCatfish like this.
  3. Talon

Talon Active Member

Support!!!

4. HumoLoco

HumoLoco Clean Up Crew

Da black market. 9/11 support. Unless nimonix can smd.

Stimulus and Yusuke like this.
  5. Gearman

Gearman Active Member

This by far is the worst marketplace system I have ever seen in any game. It doesn't hold a real purpose outside of trading copies of rare items which people probably have sold by now (the copies). Also this would not work for the most desired things among rares are scrolls and exo-cores in boxes as they don't have a price and were never in the shop to begin with.

6. HumoLoco

HumoLoco Clean Up Crew

Think about. Who's willing to buy? If it is too high, it is their loss profit. If it is good deal, they made a decent profits. If it is really low price, they are too get picky and make profit a lot.

7. Suite

Suite Metatron Master

lol I can only imagine the backdoors this kinda of feature would have:rolleyes:. Judging by how broken mini games and Avalon is I wouldn't really trust this type of project to be secure for RF.I like the UI design but I dont think they will be able to do this in plaza.I think it fit better if they just add this marketplace to the toolbar or combining it with the store. Plaza is a lost cause... They should just scrap it

Support.

8. akai99

akai99 Well-Known Member

It's a black market to me so...........
    Support.
    Also maybe u could include bidding?

9. Gearman

Gearman Active Member

How can you loss a profit as the market for these items are suppose to replace the re-release system so the items never come back and as it is now nothing is lost, people will buy the items until there are a few options left which will be the guys/gals that sell for outrageous prices. This system doesn't say if it is passive or not so players might not have to sit in the plaza to sell but just open/close their shop.

10. LegendaryJin

This doesn't fully stop re-releasing items for events, and it makes it so you can get these rare items in ways other than spender events. They don't re-release these items into the shop anymore, with the exception of some Halloween sets, so people would most likely have to spend more money than they would like to and get other items they don't necessarily want. This gives people a chance to get what they want, as well as sell off items they do not want...and it still gives NimoniX a steady profit.
    People would only sell for outrageous prices so long as people are willing to buy it. Seeing as people are typically smarter than that, prices would naturally come down.

This is a suggestion that is still in process.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2016
    CrownedCatfish likes this.
  11. Yusuke

Yusuke Best Dressed

Support!

Fraud likes this.
  12. YeezyJesus

YeezyJesus Active Member

13. Rinnegan

Rinnegan Guild War Master, Scroll Masters Champion

Any kind of trading related feature is good (Support)

14. Shina

Shina Creator of Shattering Hand

Support noice

15. LegendaryJin

Update:
    • Added "Buy" and "Report" buttons to the example of the Marketplace window.
    • Changed restriction on sale of items bought from from the item shop. Rule now states player may only sell an item that was previously purchased from the game's item shop (that is still available in the item shop) if it is slotted with a Gem.
    • At level 20, players may purchase their Merchant Patch from the Item Shop in order to be able to sell items on the Marketplace.

Thanks for the support thus far.

16. LegendaryJin

Please discuss:
    Would you be okay with a tax being taken out of the RC you receive as a result of selling an item on the Marketplace? Why or why not?

Personally, I feel like it would be necessary. Even if it's like 5% or 10%, the fact that I would have the ability to sell items to others would be worth it. Also, I could add a rule that states at level 50 players would no longer be taxed when selling item(s) on the Marketplace or something similar.

Thoughts?

17. KingxD

KingxD Well-Known Member

So anyone can sell anything in this market system? Also, if there is tax, users would just raise the price of the item higher.

18. LegendaryJin

I currently did not add the sale of scrolls and exocores, and there are restrictions for reselling items purchased from the item shop, but essentially yes.

Well, that's what I was going for honestly. I want to prevent the resale of items from the item shop being sold at the same price as the Item Shop, which is why I added a rule that you can only resell an item (purchased from the item shop) if it is slotted with a Gem. Tax is just for having the ability to sell to others, honestly. Most games with these types of markets do it.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2016
  19. KingxD

KingxD Well-Known Member

wait.. you can't sell items in the cash shop?

20. LegendaryJin

What..? Could you elaborate?