Give me more reasons to play RF

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Windstorm, May 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Windstorm

Windstorm Glacial Master

I have been playing RF ever since 2013, and like many other players, have been contemplating on the thought of a hiatus or worse ; quitting.
    Currently, I have

• No friends
    • Large guild
    • Many different rare, RC, and carat items
    • Lv57
    Game Modes?
    I have done Adventure, Battle, and Rumble mode many times over in each mode, including ones people dare touch at all (i.e. DH09, Pirate Harbor, Potion Battle, Save the Princess, etc.), only to find the bitter fun lost in due time, like a toy you'd play with as a child. Don't even mention the plaza. Running space for parkour, fishing, and that mini-game with an unbelievable ranking chart are just...there.

Also, Guild War and 1v1 streak aren't as enjoyable as they were anymore; Guild War is a team match between guilds to fight for LP. I want to fight for prizes, not something that resets every month. 1v1 streak with lag and the "loading players" icon can tick me off. It's not entertaining at all!

Goals?
    The goals I have are very limited as to some merit quests require cash to complete, and the merit titles you'd try to complete in game are very difficult to acquire as rooms can "die", or expire, quite quickly without being on social terms with someone. I have the BM Armor that I need, I don't want the gears (i.e. Demolisher, Niffleheim, etc.) that can't give me the strength I need to beat down on monsters. Getting a BM exocore is always a fun challenge, yet having it for a time so limited as 7 days puts me off my metronome, and as a result, prevents me from spending carat on keys often. Did I mention that a few exocores in the shop are mock versions of BM exos?
    • Basketball, SL Infiltrator ~ DH08's Democore
    • Plasma ~ Venometics
    • Black Dragon ~ Kraatun's Tail
    There's more, but I'll keep it short and just leave it at this thread for those interested.
    http://forums.playredfox.com/index.php?threads/favorite-bm-exo.1895/

TL; DR
    I find my time on Rumble Fighter spent looking for a challenge or logging in to do an event. Why do you play?

tinytinytintin, Suite and Flamekiller like this.
  2. Yusuke

Yusuke Best Dressed

There's actually no compelling reason to continue to play RuF. The only thing I look forward to at the moment are new content and spenders. The other events that Redfox host do make things better but it's really not enough. I think the blame falls on Nimonix's. They need to change things up. The game hasn't progressed enough to keep up with all the other games out there. Hell, there are even some indie games that play better than RuF.

Fraud, tinytinytintin and Windstorm like this.
  3. Deltro

Deltro Clean Up Crew

Idk I guess you really have no reason to play rf now excect for the new content and updates. I guess try farming for tkd se? play on an alt?

tinytinytintin and Windstorm like this.
  4. HumoLoco

HumoLoco Clean Up Crew

Same. Expected the goal, I don't have the goal. All is I spent my time on forum and rumble fighter because there's no reason.
    I really have no reason to live in this **** planet.

5. Suite

Suite Metatron Master

Word af. They need too Add More competitive events that involve skill or a challenge and less clown events that's based off biased opinions,favoritism, and buyouts. Im getting extra bored playing rf since theirs no real motivation.

These fashion events are cool and some look somewhat fun but they shouldn't be the big event or month long we need. Fashion events and this dumb player profile event should not be month long events but weekly extra events....Does it really take a month to find a tool that will make RF sound like its the greatest thing they played and post on...

The boss mode event is cool but the prize is dumb and should be switched out for something thats not obtainable and the more runs you do the bigger chance you get of getting the item perm. Its a step in the right direction with a raffle but you should earn more raffle tickets by doing more boss modes.With everyone getting 50 your chances are very low of getting the item perm.

Actually Monthly main events that would keep people interested are Sudden Death tournaments, Guild war tournaments, Moon tournaments, Juggle tournaments, 1V1 Tournaments, ranking system and events, Zombie mode events, Boss mode Events, Mini game events(ounce mini game is fixed), and other events that involve actual game play and are actually competitive

Someone make a event Guide and how to keep RF interesting Guide!

6. Yusuke

Yusuke Best Dressed

Lol http://forums.playredfox.com/index.php?threads/event-suggestion-thread-and-more.1988/

But yeah I agree with you.

Fraud, tinytinytintin and Windstorm like this.
  7. ToulueVang

ToulueVang Clean Up Crew

I play because I like the game. Game is dying though #fact
    For the past few years their goal have been to milk players nonstop.
    They don't even care to improve the game anymore.
    They want feedback and when given they do the exact opposite...are u dumb Nimonix??? o_O
    When they do give the community an answer, they are vague AF! Years later, still nothing.
    This is suppose to be a competitive game but nothing about it is competitive anymore.
    You get no reward for being competitive.

8. KizunaKen

KizunaKen Creator of Burst

How would you feel if >something like this< got implemented?
    Would you find yourself playing a lot more?

/shameless plug

9. Shina

Shina Creator of Shattering Hand

I play for the hell of it

And because friends

tinytinytintin, Windstorm and Keanu like this.
  10. Audioh

Audioh Member

well, I personally only play anymore cause of my friends/guild. could care less about content or updates or any type of improvement at this point. I think rf love dwindles with age. I'm never excited when I'm on rf anymore unless I'm rlly drunk or drugged up

find some new friends

Windstorm and Keanu like this.
  11. StyleCheck

StyleCheck Active Member

Get in the 1v1 or moon scene. You'll find it fun (unless you're beefing) and progress as a player too.

tinytinytintin, Windstorm and Shina like this.
  12. pr0dz

pr0dz Well-Known Member

eh nothing really

13. LeeHyunJoon

LeeHyunJoon Member

If you tell a girl you play Rumble Fighter, I guarantee she'll be soaking wet

14. Shana

Shana Creator of Heartseeker, SF, IAS, BD & CC

I play rumble fighter as a personal preference over my other games. It will change over time.

I just happen to like the combat system of this game a little too much.
    If the game starts to get boring for me, I'll get occupied with the suggestion forum, and even some General forum surfing.

Yeah I'll admit, the game does get boring at times, since the game hardly ever changes. But, it's also because I played more casually than the competitive side of the game. The competitive side of things could get a little toxic, so it's something that I have to learn to tolerate if I want to get into the competitive side.

15. Mockery

Mockery Well-Known Member

i like you
    play with me more often

16. Tezmanian

Tezmanian Well-Known Member

I play this game casually, take a break and do something else, then come back.

17. Keanu

Keanu Well-Known Member

These guys generally described it. Friends help keep me playing.

18. Jotun

Jotun New Member

I like the content of the game because it was pretty authentic when I first found out about it years ago. Then finding out about all of the things that inspired the scrolls and exocores made it even cooler in my opinion, however the novelty wears off so now I play it just for the nostalgia and because its fun.

Of course it will die soon but meh. Do what you like.

19. ToySoldier

ToySoldier Active Member

Gives me something to do besides play xbox, read a book, or find something to watch online. Most of my friends either quit, or I currently have had zero contact with since like 2011 or 2012 maybe idk. Honestly, the game can still be semi-fun if you have a group to play with constantly. I'm currently looking for that

20. WashedUp

WashedUp Well-Known Member

Stay on forums and harass Gourdy
    You didn't hear that from me

tinytinytintin likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.