How are we supposed to grind with Pkers camping Mobs

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Chaos, Feb 20, 2016.

1. HonorableSoul

HonorableSoul Member

As one of those "PvP Brats", I have no reason why there shouldn't be an option to turn the feature off. There should be an option to turn it off and on.

Keeps those who don't want to get caught in the crossfire out of it when leveling and running quests.

Though I do foresee an issue on that note. There should be a time limit before you can change back to pvp or turn off pvp. Even more so, if you kill someone, you should not be able to shut off pvp for an hours duration in my opinion.

Otherwise you will find high levels killing low levels, and anyone who comes to kill them off in turn will be deeply annoyed at the fact they can just flip off pvp and walk away. Because let's face it, you forget to turn off pvp and you're a low level, fair chance you'll be off'd before you turn your pvp off.

Will need to be tinkered with.

No1Hated666 likes this.
  2. Vrangsinn

Vrangsinn Active Member

I haven't played that many MMO's, however there is a certain popular one where it's basically this ^. I always thought this the best option, and would like to see it implemented here.

MOUSE and HonorableSoul like this.
  3. Twiggin

Twiggin New Member

I think the anti pk buff is fine for doing quest. Since the days of Acclaim CoC has been a pvp zone. That is why the xp was higher is because you ran the risk of getting pk'ed. I have played since Acclaim days and you can level a char on the maps. Yes the exp is better in CoC from FD - EC but that is because of the pking that happens. As long as the maps are not pvp zones i'm fine with leveling.

4. No1Hated666

No1Hated666 Member

I agree on this and i so beleave that the pk buff had a 2 hr limit on it which is fine just get it again if ur just playing in peace but if u do pk i should lose it and if u killl someone not ne allowed to get it for a time period seems fair to me cuz it has to ne fair for those pve only players as well

5. Idolized

Idolized Active Member

Just move to Australia and grind while all others are sleeping lol

MOUSE likes this.
  6. No1Hated666

No1Hated666 Member

Lol like everyones able to do that xD

7. Acidhedz

Acidhedz Active Member

No you aren't because you're being reasonable. I reserve the term PvP brats for those who seem to think that just because they like PvP, that means everyone else should have to play that way.
    Call them evangelical, or fanboy, PvPers. The no lifers that have turned PvP into some sort of psudo-religion, and treat those who don't play that way like heretics.

My suggestion has been a PvP toggle in the client before you even log into the game, so you are either playing with it on or off. If you want it changed, you have to log off first.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2016
    HonorableSoul likes this.
  8. Suikoden

Suikoden New Member

What for? It's not like it takes ages to log in, why bother making that kind of extra step to turn things on and off. It's easier to just have anti pvp buff and when it runs out you go get another or don't

9. Acidhedz

Acidhedz Active Member

Because it helps prevents abuse. The buff makes it so someone can PK someone else, or flat out win in any PvP situation, then go get the buff to avoid retaliation while staying logged in. Having to log off to change your PvP setting will at least make doing that sort of thing less appealing. Especially if it's on the client, not the log in screen.

Plus, it's rather ridiculous to have to keep running back and forth for the buff in the first place. I also think it's stupid to have to spend gold on it. With a simple on/off switch in the client it's easier to just leave it turned on or off as your preference dictates, and switching it for BvsW, a duel or BP play wont take much effort.

There's also no reason they couldn't simply have both. The switch for people who just want to turn it off altogether, or at least for the duration of their current session, and the buff for those who perhaps want to grind in peace for a while, then go hit the BP.

There's never going to be a perfect solution, because people will always find ways to abuse anything. Open PvP you have griefers. With the buff people will use it to do hit and run. A switch on the client is harder to abuse, since it would require completely closing down the game to change it. But that comes at the cost of making things less convenient for people who want to play PvP sometimes.

The idea of preventing people from turning off PvP for a period of time after engaging in PvP isn't bad, but that would require a lot of new coding to be done. The code to turn PvP on and off already exists, the buff is proof. So all they would have to do for a switch is add the interface to the client and have it turn that code on or off.

10. xiaolin

xiaolin Member

Is it possible for you guys to add the " Anti-PK pill " in IM. I know it's uncommon for some 9d players but it was available in Thailand version of 9d. Duration was 2 or 3 hrs i guess. And u cant pk/can't be pked in any pk maps.

11. Acidhedz

Acidhedz Active Member

Having to use a buff in game to turn off side content is ridiculous enough, why in the hell should we have to pay real money just to turn off side content?

12. MOUSE

MOUSE New Member

true af

13. Blitzcronk

Blitzcronk Well-Known Member

The best answer: you don't grind. There is nothing stopping you from being killed and with there being a 'critical exploit' with the buff and it now being removed, you are in a tricky situation.

14. Arnazz

Arnazz New Member

the best way to lvl up if we wont get anti pk buff is to stay vaga as long as possible, and then do the rtd :(