[Suggestion] Item mall tabs and vaseline

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by yougetsnada, Feb 22, 2016.

1. Gilleeuy

Gilleeuy Member

I want to spend some money...
    But...
    For what? )))
    For that money that they talk about - i can buy good char somewhere AoWushu, and also i think ViP costs lower there.

machatzi likes this.
  2. ForestWolf

ForestWolf Member

Greetings,

I'm suprised no1 started a serious discussion about item mall yet.
    In my opinion it is absolutely broken P2W cash shop and the publisher didn't even take a moment to think about the content or prices of it. It even has differant price for same items on differant pages:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

When I say that it's overpriced, my opinion is based on the average price comparison on the market.
    If you take the 5500 credit package, you pay 50$, resulting in 110 credits for 1 $. Now a 30Day Premium costs 1500 credits, resulting in average 14$ per month. A subscription in a P2P game is mostly around 12-13$; 30 Days Premium in Blade & Soul is 10$.
    In a lot of modern F2P games released nowadays there is nothing that is like the Premium in 9D, giving you insane advantages. For example Guild Wars 2, Blade & Soul and Wildstar offer ONLY cosmetic and minor "quality of life" improvement items, like extra bag/bank slots, reduced fees for traveling or repairing etc. As a casher you receive NO advantage over free players in a direct fight. At RedFocks I spend few 100$ and tadaa! Im running with maxed weapon, clothes and higher attributes eating KGs. That comes on top of the totally over powered trigrams, that would be another 10$ a month.

Now I'm not being greedy or saying I dont have the money to spend on this game...I bought over 400 games on steam without playing them yet. I preordered Blade & Soul for 120€ without needing any of the effects. Why did I pay for it? Because it is 1) worth it 2) im supporting the developer/publisher to allow them improve the game, bring out new content or work on next awesome games.
    Even though I have the financials to be one of the top cashers running around "owning" everything and everyone who comes across...thats NOT enjoyable and its not a reason I want to play MMOs.

RedFocks is not showing any respect to the players by
    • refusing to communicate at key points in their release phase or actively adressing issues
    • offering ridiculous joke events
    • overpricing the content of their main income source
    • offering no balance between casher and free players[​IMG]
    9Dragons is not a new game that needs it time - its actually quite old and had time to be adjusted for the current market. Sadly it seems that the publishers picking up this game do not learn from the experience made by previous fails.
    For me, there is no reason to spend a cent on this game in its current state and management. So far this publisher is not fulfilling even basic rules/guide lines of managing a product or a service. It is possible to create a working business model for this game in less than a day that is not only successful for the company, but also satisfying for the customers. Base your product and/or service lifecycle on proved experience (look up ITIL and PRINCE2 for managing guide lines).

I will follow this game for 2 weeks, casually logging in during the time. If there are no changes or any serious plan changes from the publisher, I'm sure to drop this game. The current state will surely encourage more players to leave over the time and RedFocks will try to sell some sweet lies over time, but only because the contracts with developers are mostly for at least a year. Meaning even if they are planning to shut down the server after a year due to failing in creating positive revenues, they will continue to sell fake promises to keep you on playing.

My point for other players is - take a moment to evaluate: is the game in its current state worth my time and money?
    If you think you will enjoy the game over longer period of time, have fun and I hope you wont waste your time. If you are one of the not satisfied customers like me, try making suggestions for improvements, set plausible deadlines and if they fail, move on to other games - the market is full of alternatives and continues to grow.

~ForestWolf

Last edited: Feb 26, 2016
    Vrangsinn, ihgyug, Blitzcronk and 5 others like this.
  3. ShaKira2008

ShaKira2008 Member

you are right...but im done trying.

RedFox dont give a Fk..so Whatever

4. machatzi

machatzi Active Member

The moment playredfox announced on taking 9D, forums were filled by suggestions. So many topics.
    All suggestion topics, were having a common suggestion among many others :
    "DO NOT TURN THE GAME INTO PAY 2 WIN, OR AT LEAST, REDUCE THE GAP BETWEEN NON-PAYERS AND PAYERS AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE"

What did we get ? :rolleyes:

So yea.. forget about making any suggestions. Sit tight.. and wait for next publisher. Trust me, it won't be long waiting

5. gabriel12345

gabriel12345 New Member

i quited as well

6. spaney

spaney Member

same here

7. Zukee

Zukee Active Member

same here 3days ago,just roaming forums wanna create quit thread so they GM realises?

8. MasterGT

MasterGT New Member

me and my friends? quitting! we live in brazil pay 4x the price! if this is expensive for US players! imagine to us! lmao! high prices! OP items ! P2W P2W P2W!!!! byeeeee

9. Geraldo

Geraldo New Member

Yeah, I waited around to see how the launch would go before I decided to quit completely. After seeing the Item Mall I almost fell out of my chair laughing. Are they serious with these OP items and buffs? o_O

I could easily just pay around $25/mo and be a god among men. Sorry that just isn't fun to me. I'm sure many others will feel the same. But hey, I'm sure you'll have quite a few whales that will keep the server afloat for a year or two. Congrats on your future success. ;)

machatzi and Zukee like this.
  10. Zukee

Zukee Active Member

300k a month?Those people are multi millionaires and do not play 9dragons.Making that sort of money u would be thinking where should i next invest my money,u wont be thinking ahh yes 9d lets buy some kg pixels and kill people.They have businesses to run,not farming people in game lol.

11. Zukee

Zukee Active Member

Same here,i could put £100 each month but no fun since i aint in to killing lowbies.Wasting money to get to cap to do what?Some bugged azz pvp?

12. FuriaAlba

FuriaAlba Well-Known Member

The moment when everyone realizez that GC was actually great or close to it anyway. :rolleyes:

Back12345 and PimpPoweR like this.
  13. Blitzcronk

Blitzcronk Well-Known Member

I will ride it out to the end but so far it looks pretty doubtful just how long this publisher can endure.

14. RobB

RobB Member

Blitz how long can the publisher or the players endure?

15. Gilleeuy

Gilleeuy Member

I'm more offended that the CBT it looked more promising
    But after the OBT, and on the opening, it came down to the fact that it is very difficult to play at quite low levels.
    Open-world PK, low rates, item-mall, that gives U p2win promises.
    All that create just for 1.
    To take our moneys.
    And not only to earn.
    Also it indicates to - server will survive not so long.
    They want FAST money.
    To have it now.
    And then - they see. They can do minimum work, to have same money, or it just close.
    Or... What is worse - just do nothing.
    Not update, not fix...
    I already know that some users use bugs...

RobB likes this.
  16. Fullneo

Fullneo Well-Known Member

It doesn't sound good :(

17. ihgyug

ihgyug Active Member

I vote ForestWolf as GM

18. ForestWolf

ForestWolf Member

I dont think this job is better payed than an IT Service Manager position I have in my current company :p
    Its just sad to see so many publishers trying themselves without any experience or even basic understanding of their own business. Even if they might milk some players and grab a "quick buck for a quick bug", they wont be successful in a long term development.