PvE/PvP positive discussion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nerwen, Feb 29, 2016.

1. eXtremeINC

eXtremeINC New Member

All mmorpg's have pvp & pve.
    But what happens now on 9dragons is just stupid. Lot's of people stuck at SM because if you want to lvl up you need to go to next map wich is pvp open and you get gang raped by this stupid League's what think if you kill an lower player by an entire party it's something "cool".
    This mentality is promoted by some League leaders and it's toxic.
    I have nothing against PvP, but it should be available on maps such as Loulan, Tibet, Bloody Plain.
    Dev team ahould work on this problem. At least turn off pvp on lower maps until you find a better fix.
    PVP - it's good for an server but it's toxic when this players with lvl 150 comes and kill an lvl 80.
    PVE - it's and will be always an part of any mmorpg and no developers should stop it by open entire server to pvp.
    You can make entire server pvp open but we need new rules for PK.
    Most of games when an player PK another player and gets killed by another player, he drops or lose some item's, like weapon, relics, deco....
    Players gonna leave server soon if problem it's not fixed. Not all of us pvp all the time and it's not cool to be saked by an entire party of idiots.

machatzi and Akash4 like this.
  2. Zaraton

Zaraton Member

They should just make it a hybrid PvP system like most MMOs are moving towards. Have it optional on whether people want to PvP but always available to do so. The PvP only or PvE only systems don't bring in enough stable revenue to sustain an MMO. The who point of hybrid system is to stabilize the game for longevity. This brings in PvE only, PvE + PvP, and 90% PvP oriented players.

What methods are there to swap between PvP and PvE?
    • Button style to flag/unflag yourself with cooldown timer (Similar to PWE)
    • Costume oriented where certain ones mark you for PvP (Similar to BnS)
    • Buff system to unflag yourself (like what has been in 9Dragons)
    • Similar to a costume certain gear types could flag someone for PvP
    • Create PvE and PvP channels for each map (least likely option)
    It would benefit the company to have a system where both PvE players and PvP players are happy. Appealing to only one will mean the others will leave to find other games. I doubt the hardcore PvP side of the community only want the server to be filled with only 600 or so hardcore PvPers with no other player to kill. That gets boring. The Wanted system isn't the answer as it can be abused.

What is in this thread has been discussed/argued over many times before including back in Acclaim days. The PvE vs PvP server type is outdated and archaic. It is time to convert to the hybrid server setup.

exShadow and Vrangsinn like this.
  3. Nerwen

Nerwen New Member

Thank you! Here are some answers to the PvP/PvE issue:

ShaKira2008 and Blitzcronk like this.
  4. Acidhedz

Acidhedz Active Member

I have been suggesting a button from the start, and for good reason.

If they use a costume method, as in decos, they need to make PvP and PvE versions of all the decos, and make one of each available to everyone from the start.
    Consider it a gamer's equal rights movement if you like. We shouldn't have to pay for the privilege to play the game one way OR the other.

Same issue with a buff. Either to turn PvP on, or off, it makes one side or the other into a second class player. Always needing to run off to get the buff just to be able to play the game the way they want. Especially if they also have to pay for it.

And again for gear. Either the flag items get their own, new, slot, which is effectively the same as putting in a button (and would require more work), or one side or the other has to give up a pocket/clothing slot just to play the game how they want. OR, they have to make PvP/PvE versions of every single clothing item in game that is being used to give the trait, hats for example. So that no one has to lose the traits those buffs, just to play the game how they want.

I agree with your assessment of channels. Bigger games that can afford several servers are fine having them separated, but a one server game like this can't. Not unless it can increase its player base, and that isn't going to happen with it being a PvP server with no option to turn it off.

As I have said, till everyone is sick of hearing it and I am sick of saying it, but I will not stop saying it because it is the only logical, fair solution. The addition of a toggle in the client, log-in, or options is the way to deal with it. It should be the easiest to implement quickly, hardest to exploit and is the most equal solution.

Leaving the only issue being, how easy do you want people to be able to switch back and forth.
    Make it too easy and PKers will use it as a quick escape when things don't go their way. Make it too hard and it will annoy people who like to switch back and forth frequently.

Putting it on a cool down would require more coding. Putting it in the client may be open to exploits. Putting it in the options is probably too easy to change. Leaving the log-in screen. Which should only require adding a toggle in the UI, the code for it to flag for PvP, and a bit of new code to check to see if the player is flagged for PvP when entering maps, if it doesn't already exist.

(Edit: A bag that gives you your extra slots AND disables PvP would work. Just put it in the NPC stores with the regular bags. You have to buy the extra two anyway, so there is no inequality. Someone could use it to quick escape, but not without going around with one empty bag. So that could potentially be an even easier solution.)

Last edited: Mar 1, 2016
    Nerwen likes this.
  5. Anikitos

Anikitos New Member

The button to flag is on the client but the information is never saved locally, its something game developers know since late 90s to early 00s. If it was people could simply adjust their pc clock to desired time and date after cooldown. It just follows the rule of everything, inventory, character info and all around it are saved on the server

6. eu2011

eu2011 Member

NO NO NO NO PVE
    ALL PVP
    OFC YOU WILL NEVER GET A SOLUTION
    IF PLAYERS GIVE YOU IDEES YOU WILL NEVER LISEN
    LET PVP AND LET'S SEE HOW MANY PLAYERS YOU WILL HAVE IN 3 MONTHS
    LET'S SEE

7. LifeSaver4u

LifeSaver4u New Member

PVP is not the issue. I have people trying to pk me and when they realized I'm hard to kill, I chased them down. When they realized they are about to die, they relog in combat mode seriously like in a flash.

8. Acidhedz

Acidhedz Active Member

Yes it is an issue for a lot of people. Just because YOU don't have a problem with it other than PKing, doesn't mean other people don't.
    Regardless.
    You cannot have open-pvp awith no way to turn it off, that wont result in PKing. The wanted system proves that any kind of user based policing system can and will be abused, and/or flat out doesn't make any difference.

9. Nerwen

Nerwen New Member

What about the anti-pk buff??

Since it is declared a PvP server, it's ok having the anti-pk buff for PvE players. In my opinion, it won't be fair to put PvE players in equal status as PvP players in a PvP Server. They never said the server was PvE, right?. However we need to find a way to allow all players to grind, complete quests and level up.
    I would be glad to have that anti-pk buff as we had in CC on former 9D versions, but applied to all maps.

10. Shiriru

Shiriru Member

I can do that , yes. But to what end ? Many of my guild members have done it, only to cause even more PK and more hate.
    A guild member with premium got ganked, he was OP from the premium, managed to defeat the PKer, then the said PKer brought friend/guildmates and camped my guild member for just defending himself, also put him as wanted.
    Not to mention several people from my guild have the said premium buffs , can do PvP for reasons you stated above and just made other leagues hate us. Some even said "We are gonna hunt and kill every player from your league we see "... So we are at a war i guess ???? WHY ? I don't want to be part of that nonsence.
    See how people minds work here ? You simply DEFEND yourself and then you and your guild is the main target for vendetta. It's sick and pointless.

11. LadyAngel

LadyAngel Member

Ahri,

Many solutions have been given already and untill now each publisher has had a solution to the whole PvP/PvE issue. The majority of the players who are PvE will not be able to keep patient all this time and many are already starting to leave. Some might return when the anti pvp buff is here, or that is what they say. It is an issue that is frustrating alot of people and the true lack of communication of RF`s side is also somewhat frustrating. Even if you do not have a "fix" yet, communicate with us about it. I can assure you that this will come a much longer way with your community no matter how toxic it sometimes can be.

ShaKira2008 likes this.
  12. kelchew

kelchew New Member

Haven't found the answer?
    So what about the spirit of conqueror buff you are talking about?

I understand you mention there is critical exploit on this buff thus not available but my question is HOW does is work? Eg. On which maps can it be use, item mall stuff & etc?

If your answer is only in CC map, please be honest and let us know in advance, don't want it to be a case of waiting for something which is not worth my time.

Vrangsinn and XeonFromTao like this.
  13. Acidhedz

Acidhedz Active Member

Why?

Just because it was started as a PvP server is no reason to not implement a fair, equal, way for both player styles to function. Clearly having it as a PvP server isn't going to work, so it makes no sense to not do something about it.

14. slavvek88

slavvek88 New Member

well, seems our new publisher is less than we expected...
    disabled pvp on certain maps made me look here, and few thoughts:

1. I believe ppl dun see, that it`s not pvp in this game, but it`s mechanics that create the problem, half of the sollution was alrdy avalaible in previous posts, in my opinion pvp mechanics should be slightly changed to solve the problem (more/less)
    what we need is:
    - 24 (or even 12) IvI restriction in pvp mode
    - properly workin wanted system (u can put person on wanted only if u`r pked and dun fight back, wanted player should be attacked by all guards, should be avalaible to be hit by players IN ALL MAPS, in pve ones without a chance to fight back.., beein arrested should be givin strong 24h debuff/exp loss/big karma loss/whatever)
    2. hz and nn maps cannot stay pve, it`ll create the further mess with svs
    3. karma items from superior dungeons should have higher drop rate (most of ppl who are pkin are a bit moronic noobs, who demands those titles, nothin more)

and I could think of another 5000 words of reasonable sollutions, but dun rlly have time or patiance...
    just rmember, makin hz/nn/ld non pvp maps wont work, it`s gonna be even bigger mess later, ppl will quit rapidly after certain IvI, formations and svs will be killed there + most of us will have to switch builds to IvI up with higher efficiency, so in the end, it`s another money-milking...

I hope it`s just temporary, cuase that`s a tragedy that might be the first sign of a very short live of tao server rf 9d...

15. Ezekiel2517

Ezekiel2517 Member

just set pvp only for +/-12 lvls from yours....easy solution...rest keep it as is...if u wanna be PKer then u r bad azz...so u will be punished with penalties from wanted system...thats great coz u have lower chance to survive...everyone wanna be pker and keep kill everyone around easy...i wont that GC pvp system(cannot chat is best coz u cant ask others for help if u r hunted).....try at high lvls survive solo without help that 359 mins :)))) this is great for game....do not edit this game for selfsish persons aka Gerald,Sheikha,YinYin and rest of individues like before

16. Frazle

Frazle Member

That'll turn into a lot of relogging, followed with courier out of there when they log back in.
    Plus who'll the pker get ganged by?
    Eventually all will be cap and incapable of protecting the lowbies in their leagues due to them not being able to fight the lowbie with jacked up gear.

17. Ezekiel2517

Ezekiel2517 Member

u cant use courier pazz since u r wanted...little bit upgrade but well .)

18. ShaKira2008

ShaKira2008 Member

My Solution..Lets both *lose armor and clothes* on skype.
    Pm Me Saskia :3

19. IrisuKyouko

IrisuKyouko Member

Correction, a PvP Server no one REALLY ever wanted, but instead was FORCED upon us by the publishers.

20. antibosch-delete

antibosch-delete Member

How to balance PvP/PvE??
    Add to Item Mall a pill which enables or disables PvP....