Nukers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kryax, Mar 2, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Kryax

Kryax New Member

Sup guys, so since I can remember my main role has been that of a nuker, but with this patch from opinions plus experience I guess nukers aren't that good at the moment.

I would like to know if any of you see the potentional on grinding a nuker and if it's really worth it because I'm only SM6 right now but if it is to stop I should stop right now and start all over again.

Basically I'm asking for your opinion. And if possible some guides to see if it can work out, how it will work out.

2. Blitzcronk

Blitzcronk Well-Known Member

What is wrong with nukers? They have para, bleed, 100% stun and they can go wherever they like. The only real change to the nuker, the cool down on most of the nukes feel like they were increased.

Sure you don't grind as quickly as a Warrior but hell, you can practically 2-3 shot most mobs and you can literally go where you like. I was farming Cry weapons in Tibet by CS.

• Max your bleed (masteries to get bleed up to 15 seconds and increase bleed damage)
    • Max your para (masteries to increase duration on this to 15 seconds)
    • Max your stun to 100%
    • Put masteries into cool down reduction and range increase
    • Max your instant OC nuke for the c10 book.
    • EC1 quick nuke does a lot of damage but it's a pig to level even with the recent double skill rate and books.

3. Kryax

Kryax New Member

Wow thank you for the quick reply. I guess you are right but what about the changes on stats won't that bring us down with the dex needs now?

4. Zukee

Zukee Active Member

Instead of ess try to max out dex.Ess gives ve which isnt meeded atm amd ck def which wis gives(80% are melee anyways in game).So max wis--->dex---->con for me.

The only and big problem i see is,at higher levels nuker cant defend himeself as good as before.Having 15min cooldowns shields but they absorb same damage as GC ones sux.U do have a immortality and evade skill but on 10min cooldowns.So doing a 2vs1 with a nuker will be very hard.Also nukers get half the con hp compared to warrior.Back then in GC u could be a noob nuker and spam shield but here nuker aint newbie friendly.

People choose the easier way of a warrior or healer.Warrior can do a nukers job if not better.Warrior having the smoothest grind,highest hp in game,highest ar,highest def,highest dodge,best in terms of killing bosses or farming dungeons.Only thing a nuker can do better than a warrior is landing bigger dmg quicker in a matter of seconds and the ability to kite.When people have maxed out speed,end game will be full of warriors.e.g in korean server u will be very lucky to find a nuker,mostly a warrior running and 10 other warriors tagging behind him with the occasional run stun if he gets out of reach.

5. Zukee

Zukee Active Member

Which ones are the cry weapons?I thought tibet doesnt drop wepons here?Or is it a collection?

6. DeeShan

DeeShan Member

Orange weapon, 750k npc each

7. Fenrir

Fenrir Member

Right now nuker is truly a tactician, u have to know how to use your skills in the right time or cry with their cooldown. It's still good for nuker in PvP if 1vs1 because u can still keep all your buffs on to fight with your full power, but in group pvp u have to think wisely and not use too much power on weak targets to save for stronger targets later.

Wis doesn't boost % ck skill dmg anymore, it gives only flat dmg, your skills have higher dmg now but longer cd and it's lower chance to crit with ck skills, so overall I think Nuker's dmg is lower than before. Also it's harder to kill melee classes because they all have higher CK dodge.

In conclusion, in other old versions, Nuker was the most difficult role to play in my opinion but still friendly for newbies to learn. But in this Kr-based version, they're only for people who like to challenge themselves and most importantly, for people who really have a great passion on wizard/mage in MMORPG.

8. kilroyjr

kilroyjr Active Member

uhhh the last person you want nuker advice from is Blitz. He has no idea what he's talking about

9. Asylum

Asylum New Member

all I ever see you do is post negative comments about the publishers or the game. why don't you be a good guy and give some information to help op. blitzy is a bit of a arrogant person and even though his league failed hard he is still a decent guy that cares about the community. what good are you?

10. Kryax

Kryax New Member

Ok thank you for all the replies. I'm going to stick to my nuker and see where I can get him.

11. Zukee

Zukee Active Member

The thing i dont get is,all pre 2nd role nukes have higher dmg but after 2nd role they are the same nukes in GC '-' .They should have increased the dmg on them too xD.

Another thing is ck hyb have def nuke,warrior have def smash,healer have targeting but nuker have nothing to increase its dmg.Def smash or targeting followed by a skill does bigger dmg than nuker.Also they should have removed that 2nd role skill which puts a debuff on target to remove 2 attributes.It sux xD.

12. FuriaAlba

FuriaAlba Well-Known Member

Healers have defence smash and targeting.

13. Frazle

Frazle Member

When you get into aoe grind that nuke makes sense.
    Also, at c10 in PvP it can be a useful skill to initiate with or just plain weaken opponents.

14. skeedish

skeedish Member

Old days nuker see warrior = got karma:D
    Today warrior see nuker = free bully:p:p:p