can we talk about shaolin snake

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by teamrushdown, Aug 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. teamrushdown

teamrushdown Member

ive been using it a lot lately, and the punch pressure is insane for 3 reasons

1, the absurd damage. the full damage of PPPKPP is 80, 100, 130, 95, 95, 95, 120 = 715, or 823 if you manage to hit the full combo from the back, which allows you to follow up with the kG ground hit. if you're taking advantage of this scroll's excellent recovery to drift out of attempts to hit you after your combos, you can definitely counter would-be aggressors with a monstrous 823 damage whiff punish. but yeah, i rarely finish the combo, i'll leave them standing with PPPKP, which is still a whopping 595 damage. if you wanted to mix it up and use the stance shift earlier with PPKP, you're doing 465 damage. not as impressive, but if you're leaving them standing to open them up for another punch combo, it's nothing to laugh at. i've drained a lot of players HP because they don't respect the damage on the punch combo.

2, the angling on the stance shift. if youre the spray and pray kind of fighter that throws out attacks and hopes they'll land on that pesky drifter, shaolin snake totally has your back. if you stance shift with PPKP or PPPKP, you can change the direction of your attack 90 degrees left or right. if you're a boosted animal and need to extend your reach even further, you can just use the PPKK or PPPKK to alter your attacking direction 135 degrees. that's almost a full half circle, so potentially you should be able to hit anyone that's in your character's line of sight.

3, the delays. the punch combo has above average delay, but what pushes it to excellency is the stance shift. so many times have i let the stance shift linger for a bit to bait an attack, just to use it to stuff any form of attack they'll try to do. and if you're facing an opponent that refuses to unblock regardless of how long you delay your attacks, just use the K option in the stance shift to force them to unblock, or eat a stun launcher.

my only dislike about this scroll so far is the stun. it's pretty mediocre on the stun aspect, the 2nd punch is blockable from the back. against someone who knows what they're doing, you're gonna have it blocked most of the time. this doesn't completely kill its pressure, but it definitely makes it tough to get the full damage off. regardless, the punch combo has enough tricks up its sleeve to remain dangerous even with low stun. the stance shift, heavy delay, great recovery and chargeable stun launcher keeps a blocking opponent on their toes.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2016
    tamirtov, Awakened, Autronix and 2 others like this.
  2. teamrushdown

teamrushdown Member

obligatory topic approved bump

3. Ayato

Ayato Well-Known Member

I am good player and I say that scroll is good .

Autronix likes this.
  4. SacredSword

SacredSword Well-Known Member

K. Can we talk about red scorpion ?

oaBao and tamirtov like this.
  5. teamrushdown

teamrushdown Member

thank you scroll master zaya

sure we can! here's what you need to know.

don't buy it.

tamirtov, Autronix and yoh001 like this.
  6. yoh001

yoh001 Member

Yeah. You're better off trading somebody some carat item for Muay Boran.

Autronix likes this.
  7. SacredSword

SacredSword Well-Known Member

What if i sorta already did?

8. yoh001

yoh001 Member

Then enjoy a mediocre, linear, and inferior version of MT and MB.

9. teamrushdown

teamrushdown Member

10. tamirtov

tamirtov Clean Up Crew

[​IMG]

11. TheDL6Incident

TheDL6Incident Creator of Buki

Yeah it's cool. Can fake people out with it.

BJJFromGJJ and tamirtov like this.
  12. Ripmaskedman

Ripmaskedman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 27, 2016
    tamirtov and BJJFromGJJ like this.
  13. BloodNinja

BloodNinja Well-Known Member

Shaolin snake is the most op scroll in game but u need to be strategical cuz of low stun a full stance switch combo isn't viable lots of times unless hitting from the back most of the time you'll be using them to triangle the back the kg launcher can go behind there back if u angle it right the kg itself is a good move since it puts u on the ground which adds wakeup ability's
    With roll and recover kick options made available it can be the best scroll in 1v1 but it really lacks in terms of edging capabilities since the grab can kill you and even the save the opponent the kp is horrible at Angling even though it comes out decently fast but someone blocked the 2nd part that I threw out once from the front even though I didn't delay

tamirtov likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.