What are the advantages of Steam now?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TheDL6Incident, Aug 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheDL6Incident

TheDL6Incident Creator of Buki

Aside from Steam being a place where millions of potential players can see your game, what are some advantages of getting this game on Steam? I mean, Steam can also bury a game if it sucks (kinda like this one) in a flood of dislikes and with other players warning you not to waste your time in the comments/ratings section.

2. tamirtov

tamirtov Clean Up Crew

More players = More money = More workers = Better updates.

Prizmo and BJJFromGJJ like this.
  3. KingxD

KingxD Well-Known Member

I don't think that's how it works.

DasJager likes this.
  4. Zidane700

Zidane700 New Member

Thing is, nothing can "bury this game" if it hasnt been buried already. You think posting this game on Steam could possibly, in any way, negatively impact the population?

Think about it: This game has virtually NO advertisement and it has kept its numbers fairly consistently throughout the years. Posting it on Steam could ONLY bring new people in, breathing new life into the community. Everyone else who's playing it would already know what this game's about.

Even if it's going to be a "flash in the pan" instead of a lasting population boom, it will NOT negatively affect RuF's numbers, as everyone who was playing before the Steam release will still play after. And if you think about it, even a "Mostly Negative" score on steam would be considered more exposure than the game currently has, sadly. Better than not having it available on Steam at all.

I think that when RedFox does push out a Steam release, they should consider investing in some true advertisement, as the game had many years ago. It would permanently affect the population and most likely their profits as well, as more people would be spending. This business of "letting-the-game-fade-into-absolute-obscurity-over-9-years" needs to be replaced with respect for the game, or at least respect of the impact advertisement/exposure has on a game's profits.

BJJFromGJJ and tamirtov like this.
  5. tamirtov

tamirtov Clean Up Crew

Well too bad if it isn't working like that.:oops:

Credibleblock617 likes this.
  6. KingxD

KingxD Well-Known Member

nicely said, I honestly feel like RedFox/Nimonix should make a better reward package for new players. If truly believe that people would love to play RuF if they had good starter items.

BJJFromGJJ likes this.
  7. Flamekiller

Flamekiller Glacial Master & Clean Up Crew

Possible population increase, EU will most likely get their own server if all goes well and more $ will come in.

tamirtov likes this.
  8. Kingdomz

Kingdomz Active Member

More Players=More Money=More Boxes=More Salt=More Toxic=More Complaints=More Quitters=Less Players=Poorer Koreans= Bad Updates=Back to where we started
    STarted from the bottom now were still here

Rfirezilla, akai99, tamirtov and 2 others like this.
  9. LolDemoGames

LolDemoGames Member

There was a huge dropoff when we moved to GC. The game arguably was dying way before then too

BJJFromGJJ likes this.
  10. Starberry

Starberry Community Moderator (RuF) Discord Admin (RuF & 9D) Forum Moderator

an advantage of it being on steam is that it'll be steaming

pls dont take this post seriously

tamirtov likes this.
  11. Zidane700

Zidane700 New Member

Lol of course there was a huge dropoff during the OGP-->GC move...by the point of the move, OGP had already stopped all advertisement of the game, gifted everyone tons of astros (to purposely saturate the market and spoil any hopes of a decent transfer of items, as OGP denied GC the user data in the first place), and then GC initiated the darkest era in RuF history...where it was most neglected and milked for cash. Of course you can expect a drastic drop of population in any game where that happens.

The GC-->RedFox move is truly a godsend for this game, as it is the first time in like 6 years this game has been treated with any respect.

I just want to outline how narrow-minded/ignorant it is to randomly speak of "the-dropoff-in-population-when-RuF-moved -to-GC", and comparing that move to a Steam release in RuF's current state.

As I already stated, a Steam release actually gives the game more exposure, as Steam is the most popular DRM/Platform for promoting a game. In the move to GC, RuF was moving from OGP (an already fairly obscure platform/site) to GC (an even more obscure platform/site). How can you possibly expect the population to increase by this move? They went from 1 unpopular company to another, both of which no longer had any intention on growing the game any further (they didnt advertise, they didnt have many events anymore, they took no interest in fixing the horrible bugs, etc).

RedFox has done so much more for RuF in half a year than GC did for it in the entire time they owned it. I do realize that the GC CEO is also the RedFox one, but he clearly was not happy with GC or the way they ran things, and he is doing things differently for that reason.

That's why I feel like my suggestion to buy some advertisement whenever they release on Steam is not such a crazy one. They HAVE been doing a much better job than any host before them, but a lot of people down-play that or dont notice it altogether. An advertisement campaign would jump-start the Steam release's numbers quite significantly. It's the only time in RuF history that the game as a whole actually has a shot at relevancy.

Bottom Line: A Steam release could potentially save RuF and may even help it develop a real fan-base of significant size. And at worst, it'll be a temporary wave of new faces then the game goes back into the level of popularity it currently enjoys. Comparing a Steam release to a host-change though..? Lol at least make sense.

tamirtov and Rioda like this.
  12. FlyingNimbus

FlyingNimbus Active Member

The game would actually be playable.

13. 1WingAngel

1WingAngel Active Member

LMAOOOO

14. HumoLoco

HumoLoco Clean Up Crew

15. LegendarySheep

LegendarySheep Active Member

I'd rather we not get on steam.

In addition to mainstream gamers being [expletive] stupid 7 different ways during the week, There's no telling if the steam api and its installation formatting will play nice with Rumble Fighter.

Add that to steam requiring a % of sales, and we have rate hikes AND more bugs.

I'd prefer less bugs, less toxic, and less expense over the long haul. A massive influx of players can actually poison a game, just like eating too much food can kill you.

16. Noboruascend

Noboruascend New Member

steam can save rumble fighter or just end its suffering =/
    If the game do good then gg rumble fighter is reborn
    but if the game does really bad on steam thats the end of RF =T

tamirtov likes this.
  17. Rioda

Rioda Well-Known Member

You either decide to let the game die slowly or you take a risk to see it strive.

tamirtov likes this.
  18. Rioda

Rioda Well-Known Member

Lay off the hallucinogens.

BJJFromGJJ likes this.
  19. Credibleblock617

Credibleblock617 Well-Known Member

Well as someone stated b4, i think u can probably buy steam cards instead of using subway cards. Correct me if im wrong idek if that will work tho :eek:

tamirtov likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.