Why online games need a team, not 1 staff member.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PhoenixProject, Sep 21, 2016.

1. PhoenixProject

PhoenixProject Member

This game is starting to have a "running it from my parents basement feeling". Why? 1 staff member? For an online game that is on 24/7. Let's just consider the latest issues. Disconnects on a massive scale, everyone getting disconnect from 2 to 2 minutes. Anyone online to fix it? Nope, because we have 1 GM. How long does it take to "approve" a post on forums, since we have no moderators, 2 hours? 5 hours? Some times even more.

I get it that it's not worth getting or to hire more staff members due to low income. No wonder when there is no income when no one is willing to pay for a game that gets more and more frustrating, buggy and less populated day by day due to no fixes applied, no suggestions or requests are taken into consideration. I don't see the point of "just running" a game until it's not profitable anymore. Watching it die slowly. If RF wants profit some fixes,changes need to be made. But how can you make changes when everything has an unprofessional feeling to it. This game has seen some publishers but I for one haven't seen a game run by 1 person. It's just not enough. This game has a lot of potential and well, had a lot of paying players, but anyone who was or is still donating wont donate for long if they don't see they money put to use. Gonna make a suggestion in a few days from feedback gotten from most of my veteran friends and hoping it will be taken in consideration if not it's a goodbye for me. Wont waste any more time or money on something that is left for dead and run by a company that doesn't give a damn about the community's needs. I'm not very familiar with Redfox but after browsing all the games forums, all I've seen is negative feedback. There's a need of mentality change or in worst case scenario staff change.

PS. Resolution really needs a fix, messes up my laptop badly and I don't know why every time I run the game it closes all of my running programs : browser, movie players, music players and so on.

Peace!

Oitza, dixbutts and balb1n0 like this.
  2. dixbutts

dixbutts Well-Known Member

Well it's very simple actually as to why they would be willing to run these games until they die. They are starting up a new company with a bunch of games that closed down, trying to get their foot in the door as a publisher. It wouldn't really effect their reputation as a publisher if one of these dead games they pickup goes and closes down yet again. It may be a minor setback in their overall goals of being a successful publisher, but not too much that they couldn't just pickup another dead game and go with it.

Let's take a look at their "About us" page, where they inform interested players in what they are striving towards achieving.

[​IMG]

None of this mentions that the CEO was previously the CEO of GamesCampus either. That is until certain people decided to phone the CEO's personal cellphone for information regarding this matter. Shortly after they decided to make a post HERE with information on the matter.

That's the handy work of GameGuard for you. If they listened at all to the suggestions I made about updating to the latest revision of GameGuard or changing to a different Anti-Cheat back in the beta phase, maybe there wouldn't be so many problems with it.

Okiku and balb1n0 like this.
  3. [GM]Ahri

[GM]Ahri RedFox Games Staff Member

There are a few RedFox staff members on the forums for each game. However, we have a full support team for each game. We handled all inquiries via the ticket system and meet up with players regarding their concerns in the game.

Oitza likes this.
  4. Lianel

Lianel Active Member

1. In game ?? Never seen somebody ingame .
    2. Few members ? I saw just you selecting just few topics witch is easy to respond for youo
    3. Ignoring players , ignoring bugs, ignoring low drops (makes game unplayable if there is no event )
    I wrote topic about that drop Try to do some dungeon . You have to spend a lot of time to get pazzes and then you got like 80% empty boxes 10 % trash and 5-10 % worth . Crafting is so bad and so low that ppl are very dissapointed and discusted from that and leaving . Without event there is no point to play cuz you can achieve nothing . But still you don t do what you got on that screen :
    -Provide the most satisfying experience
    -Full potential LISTENING and UNDERSTANDING comunity
    -Share passion

If you would increase permanently drop rates and craft rates for game and made cheaper ITEM mal 50% off you would have much more players and much more spenders . So Players would be happy and you would be rich and happy too .
    I don t know why you can t understand that but nvm ....

balb1n0 and Oitza like this.
  5. Dreen

Dreen Active Member

What people aren't understanding is RF is a newish company for one. Two they resurrected a dead game (US Servers). Three none of their GMs really knew 9dragons before so they have to learn. The game hasn't even been out for a year. What people don't understand is that everything has cause and effect. For example White clan players where complaining so they lowered the HP of the Boss. White clan players finally started getting a taste of TGW However it made it impossible for black clan to KS.
    What everyone needs to do is come together as one and push ideas forward and have patience. The only true way to be heard is to create a following of more than 5 or 6 players. Have the majority of the players on the server come together and push an agenda. If you only have a few people supporting you it may be taken into consideration but it's no big issue because everyone else is doing their thing as well as still spending. The pressing issue as of this moment is the economy.

6. Zukee

Zukee Active Member

New pub or not it doesnt matter.I think most of the control is in JWG hands.RF probably cant even raise xp rates unless they contact JWG lol.

Their are alot of bugs and problems hence population on 5% when u remove afkers lets leave it to that :p

7. Dreen

Dreen Active Member

a lot more people play than you think. 95% don't use forums.