[Scroll] Yaw Yan - 23 Supports~

Discussion in 'Scroll' started by Cookiez, Sep 29, 2016.

?

Do you support Yaw Yan?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Cookiez

Cookiez Active Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Note
    Hey guys, today I bring you a scroll called Yaw Yan. This is indeed an actual martial art and is Filipino style kickboxing. This martial art very well resembles Muay Thai but the main difference is that Yaw Yan focuses on long range attacks instead of clinching. I plan on making this scroll either rc or carats, the price may change. I plan on making this scroll simple and not too complex. This scroll's damage output's may change.

[​IMG]

Stance

[​IMG]
    Combos
    [​IMG]
    Description
    Yaw Yan, also known as the “Dance of Death” focuses on strong and powerful long ranged kicks to take down your opponent. This scroll has been proven to be strong against standing fighting styles. Yaw Yan strongly resembles Muay Thai.

P P P K K(Longest Combo)(80, 90, 90, 110, 120)
    [​IMG]
    This combo will be Yaw Yan’s most damaging and longest combo with decent angling on the final kick. The second punch of the combo will contain 2 hits, these being the second and third punch you see in the GIF above. The final kick will have above average delay and will have above average angling. Recovery time will be average.

K P(2 Hit)(90, 180)
    [​IMG]
    Yaw Yan’s two hit will have decent damage. It’s main purpose will be for quick and easy edging like any other 2 hit that isn't a stun or launcher. This combo will have above average angling and decent delay. This combo will have fast recovery time. Instead of the right leg being used as the final hit in the K P, the left leg will be used instead.

K K G+K(Launcher)(90,90,140)
    [​IMG]

Yaw Yan's launcher will be very similar speed wise to Mystic Arts. You will be able to bu juggle with this launcher. The launch and/or airtime will be the same as Red Leg. This launcher will have moderate angling and moderate delay. This combo will also have average recovery time.
    KG(Ground Hit)[190](90)

[​IMG]
    This ground hit is almost like Red Scorpions ground hit but instead it will instead send your opponent slightly forward. This KG will have the same effect as Red Scorpion when the opponent is on the ground. This combo will have a fast recovery.
    P K K K(Fence Edger)(80, 90, 90, 120)
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

This combo will be the fence edger and will have decent damage output, setting the opponent in the air on the third hit then finishing on the final kick. This combo will have moderate angling and the final hit will have decent delay. Recovery time will be slightly below average. This fence edger can go over normal fences and somewhat high fences like the fences on Dos Palmas but this edger cannot go over the cactus's that can be found on Moonlight Valley for example.

K K K K(90, 90, 130, 165)
    [​IMG]

This combo will have decent damage and will knock back your opponent with four strong kicks and the speed of this combo will be at a normal pace. The distance this combo will send you will be a normal distance or the same distance as Red Scorpion for example. The final kick in the combo will be with the left leg instead of the right as shown in the GIF.
    Counter(200)
    [​IMG]
    This counter will have the same speed and send the same distance as TengoryuKarate's counter.
    This counter will send a very quick flying knee to the face. The missing or counter animation before landing will be the default counter. The counter will have average decent output.
    Front Grab(240)
    [​IMG]

This grab will trip your opponent sending them behind you. The distance the opponent will be sent from this grab will be equivalent to the distance of Electro's grab. This grab will be at a normal speed and will have a fast recovery.
    (Back Grab)(210)
    [​IMG]
    Yaw Yan's back grab will grapple your opponent then throwing them over and behind you like the GIF above. This grab will be somewhat somewhat fast and will throw your opponent as far as darksider's back grab.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2016
    NeoStrayFox, Abreal, shady45 and 4 others like this.
  2. Cookiez

Cookiez Active Member

EDITS:
    2016-10-07
    -Added K K K K
    -Changed K K K to K K G+K
    -Changed Ground Hit (KG)

Last edited: Oct 6, 2016
    BJJFromGJJ likes this.
  3. Cookiez

Cookiez Active Member

Sources / Video's on Yaw Yan

Last edited: Oct 6, 2016
    BJJFromGJJ likes this.
  4. SacredSword

SacredSword Well-Known Member

lol this cant do : /

5. Cookiez

Cookiez Active Member

Any suggestions on what could be added or removed?

BJJFromGJJ likes this.
  6. SacredSword

You see every first hit start with "80 damage" and every first kick start with "90 damage" . And the punch combo always come b4 the kick combo does.

BJJFromGJJ likes this.
  7. SacredSword

God damn the ground hit LOL! Anyways make sure to check out Hercules :)

8. Cookiez

Cookiez Active Member

Thanks for the input,
    I am most likely gonna be changing the amount of damage the combos do shortly.
    I am not settling with the amount of damage being done at the moment.

BJJFromGJJ and SacredSword like this.
  9. SacredSword

You didnt support Hercules? Im :(

10. Cookiez

Cookiez Active Member

Lol, I know how weird the ground hit is.
    Im looking to change it right away.

NeoStrayFox and BJJFromGJJ like this.
  11. Deltoy

Deltoy New Member

Noe noe

12. BEZERK

BEZERK New Member

yw

Cookiez likes this.
  13. Cookiez

Cookiez Active Member

Thank you~

14. NeoStrayFox

NeoStrayFox Clean Up Crew

This scroll reminds me of an updated version of shidokan. I support this scroll.

Cookiez likes this.
  15. Cookiez

Cookiez Active Member

Lol yup~

16. AhCloud

AhCloud New Member

This Scroll is 10/10 its amazing in every way possible i support it 100%

17. Dominique

Dominique Creator of Dambe

It's alright, but that back grab is a little too much, and that ground hit has me scratching my head. I'll hold off on voting until we can have a discussion. I honestly see red scorpions ground hit, idk about the back grab.

Tengu, SacredSword and BJJFromGJJ like this.
  18. SacredSword

Support Hercules !

19. Dominique

Dominique Creator of Dambe

Think about what makes Muai Thai, and Red Scorpion solid scrolls. Is it the grabs, the combos? If I were to make a scroll like this I wouldn't necessarily look to create something new per say, like the back grab I would honestly say lucha's back grab with a little more range would be better than what you have, and the sliding animation (ground hit) kind of defeats the purpose of the scroll for me, it's a kick boxing scroll so while the combo kit is solid there's cracks in it. Though in small end fixes are tengu, or 12's area of expertise.

BJJFromGJJ likes this.