So what exactly did they change about avalons?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DasJager, Dec 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DasJager

DasJager Member

I don't think anyone actually talked about the avalon change besides it being BAD. Rather than giving vague information, it would be nice to know what actually changed about avalons. some1 pls inform me

lVlonsterCat likes this.
  2. Shana

Shana Creator of Heartseeker, SF, IAS, BD & CC

all I know is that the stats avalon grants don't grant anything anymore

and not sure if the avalon skills got changed too

but one thing for sure, that stat change is a pretty big deal

lVlonsterCat likes this.
  3. TheRealDexter

TheRealDexter Well-Known Member

everything got changed..

lVlonsterCat and Shana like this.
  4. Starberry

Starberry Community Moderator (RuF) Discord Admin (RuF & 9D) Forum Moderator

permanent stat increases do not work, the rest still to a certain extent

idk what's with some of you, it's like ya'll can't play the game without avalon drivers

ok you paid for it (and some of you didn't), but there hasn't been any word whether it's a permanent change from what I remember or whether it was just an error in coding/scripting

if you were smart you'd know that nerfs/buffs come and go, so some of you acting surprised should take a lesson from it

lVlonsterCat, Yeezus and Pasha like this.
  5. Yeezus

Yeezus Well-Known Member

Always thought avalon was useless. Thank god I never became one of those stat freaks that spent money on stats just to win like Gggg eZ no re gg.

lVlonsterCat and Pasha like this.
  6. RidleyPrime

RidleyPrime Creator of Volt

aw man just imagine how much of a hissy fit rfpie would throw if s/he was still here
    "i spent so much on the game and supported it for so long and this is how you treat us wehhh"

lVlonsterCat and BJJFromGJJ like this.
  7. HumoLoco

HumoLoco Clean Up Crew

Possible the bugged. I don't t have time to decode rumble fighter's code to see what's wrong with it or they change it.

lVlonsterCat and Flamekiller like this.
  8. Starberry

lulz

lVlonsterCat likes this.
  9. tamirtov

tamirtov Clean Up Crew

10. Yugioh

Yugioh Member

I thought the game was really gonna improve after that nerf lol.

lVlonsterCat likes this.
  11. Shana

I rather have avalons be obtainable in-game

that way it's fair for everyone

It's like how those stat gems can be obtained in-game through fishing chests, BM chests, and the silver chests you get for free

Pasha and lVlonsterCat like this.
  12. Starberry

nailed it

lVlonsterCat likes this.
  13. Fraud

Fraud Member

It's actually pretty fair already.
    There are 3k carat gemstone generators.
    All you needa do is buy $10 of rc to get an avalon driver.

Plus since when did you come up with the idea that "being fair" exist?
    Nothing is fair.

lVlonsterCat and Controversial like this.
  14. Shana

Avalon driver is only available for paying users, and they give players a competitive advantage over the free-to-play user

If every feature in the game is at least available for the free-to-play user, then that's what I call "fair". What's "unfair" is the-free-to-play user not having the tools required to keep up with the premium items that could be bought with RC.

No player should be forced to buy RC, and they should only purchase RC if they want to buy RC. Avalon is one those items players should buy, because of the advantages it brings to everything except the 1vs1 scene (because they ban the darn things anyway)

when a player is pressured to buy RC to keep up with the competition, that is a Pay2Win scenario

even the most skillful players will complain about overpowered scrolls/exocores/stats/avalons, especially when it requires RC to have them. Why do you think 1vs1 rules are imposed? Because of fairness

Last edited: Dec 10, 2016
    lVlonsterCat likes this.
  15. Shana

It's never been a problem when it comes to boxes. Box updates are very common, and they seem to be an easy way out when it comes to releasing content. If making Avalon Drivers a free item a problem for profitability, they could at least make it a rare drop for "carat boxes". So that way, people who are impatient about grinding for a free avalon can just simply get it instantly from the shop for RC.

Pay-for-convenience. A business model that has this type of stuff is solid. Nobody will complain about users in League of Legends using Influence-Point boosts, because Influence-Points are obtainable in-game anyways.

BJJFromGJJ and lVlonsterCat like this.
  16. Pasha

Pasha Well-Known Member

Nah , carat gemstones are sht . I've spent over 1 mil carats on them , it's rlly hard to build a good avalon without spending money. Wait since redfox don't ban hackers , you can buy carat hack for 10$ make tons of carats and spend them on gemstones ,probably you would get some good A's from all these C's and D's xD

lVlonsterCat and Shana like this.
  17. Fraud

Fraud Member

Why are you always posting like in you some dream scenario.

You think people who buy rc "want" to buy rc? No, it's because they are FORCED to buy rc.
    99.99% of games does that. This game is advertised as Free to play, not pay to play so it doesn't matter if its Pay2Win or not.

Also if you want to talk about being "fair", how is it fair to play rf and not support the game by buying some rc while others buy rc to support the game?
    Tell me how that's fair then if u think "fairness" exist.

lVlonsterCat and BJJFromGJJ like this.
  18. Fraud

Fraud Member

You must have not bought 30 premium gem pack before because if you did, you'll realize you only get about 2-4 good gems per 30 pack you buy. Do the math and you'll realize spending 1mil carats is nothing.

lVlonsterCat likes this.
  19. Shana

A game that's advertised Free-to-play doesn't have to be pay-to-win. Look at League of Legends for example.

It's free-to-play, but it is not pay-to-win. The way League of Legends persuades you is by making you work really hard for content that can easily be obtained by simply paying for it with premium currency. At that point, it's not "forced" to pay, but "want" to pay, because of the convenience the premium currency brings.

And the League of Legends' premium content helps the player, and does not disrupt the balance of the game, like avalon does.

If you believe that Pay2Win matters little, then guess why so many players lost respect to Black Desert Online in a single day, when people realized their business model is leaning towards Pay2Win?

Pay2win is a serious matter, and you'll find that most gaming communities avoid Pay2win like plague.

lVlonsterCat likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.