Unexplainable Lag, Spiking, Teleporting .. Unplayable .. HELP please.

Discussion in 'Game Help and Tips' started by JayLockz, Dec 31, 2016.

1. JayLockz

JayLockz New Member

Alright so I've just recently started getting back into Rumble Fighter, unfortunally I missed the 2nd transfer so I have to start over but it's all good... But ever since I've download rumble fighter .. I can BARELY play the game .. it lags so bad when the game starts everyone i just standing there and teleports about 5-10 seconds later .. I get booted out of every room .. it's almost as if I play on Dial-up, I've googled every possible fix and nothing .. hopefully someone reads this post that had similar issues and found a fix .. I'm going to attach a few pictures of my specs and d/l speeds. Not really sure if they will help any but that's all I know to add as of right now .. if anything else is needed just let me know .. but I really need this problem fixed as soon as possible and if anyone could help me I would very much appreciate it.. and THANKS in advance! 74b1ce03855a5c9eb754887ce2691a94.png f2b21905bde7108ed8808669cfcac43a.png Rumble Fighter Fix.png

2. Draygashi

Draygashi World Record (Al Hata), CUC

The servers aren't all too stable right now. Also, that internet connection isn't very good. Low upload speed.

LonerNotDead likes this.
  3. Jamari

Jamari Active Member

"Help I'm lagging"

LAG

Make sure there is no other traffic is happening on your network, such as other people downloading or streaming files. This will cause you to lag in-game.

Allow Rumble Fighter through your antivirus software/ and firewall security.

If that doesn't work I suggest playing the game with them disabled as it will run smoother and have less interference with your connection.

If you are using Wireless connections try changing to Ethernet wired.

Try clearing your DNS cache, Windows search "command prompt" then right click and run it as admin and copy and paste the command " ipconfig /flushdns "

Also, you can try port forwarding Rumble Fighter, guide found here > http://portforward.com/english/applications/port_forwarding/Rumble_Fighter/

4. JayLockz

JayLockz New Member

Ahh, well every game I'm in I get roasted on how bad I'm lagging and Jamari i've tried all those steps, as well as ipconfig /release and /renew .. I've tried to port forward .. but Rumblefighter isn't even showing up in my Netstat or process manager, I'm assuming it's an anti-hack thing .. but Rumble Fighter used to run perfectly for me before .. it's only been like this since I downloaded it from Red Fox.. I was going to try to play it through steam but I hear people are having issues purchasing RC products through steam..

5. Starberry

Starberry Community Moderator (RuF) Discord Admin (RuF & 9D) Forum Moderator

It's recommended to have at least 6-7Mbps of upload speed in order to play the game with minimal lag if you are fairly close to the servers (located in San Jose)

JayLockz and BJJFromGJJ like this.
  6. JayLockz

JayLockz New Member

So that means that I need a faster internet connection plan? And Im currently in Georgia.. and as I stated before, RF is the only game Im having lag issues with

7. JayLockz

JayLockz New Member

Ahh okay, I downloaded it through steam, unfortunately im still lagging like hell but it stops at random and i can get a few combos in, but shortly after It spikes like hell again

8. Starberry

Starberry Community Moderator (RuF) Discord Admin (RuF & 9D) Forum Moderator

Yeah. I used to run RF with 25Mbps download, 3Mbps Upload and I would lag because my upload speed sucked.

Also you need to take into consideration of your household. How many devices use the internet at once?

Rumble Fighter itself doesn't have that great of servers, include P2P connection and there are a matter of things that can make you appear laggy in-game. Your connection is basically transmitted to the servers, as well to the other players themselves.

So, your connection needs to be "close" enough to the servers in order to actually connect to the game. A foreign country such as Korea (EU doesn't count as "foreign") will appear laggy in-game even if they have the best internet connection possible.

Your connection is also "P2P" which means peer-to-peer. Basically you connect to one another. If someone is from Europe, and you're from North America, there will be lag. That is why people will complain about lag and basically use "EU" as an insult.

Not the best description, but this pretty much gives you a grasp of how the game runs.

9. Jamari

Jamari Active Member

Your internet plan is fine to play the game without lag. Like stated above, the game is designed using p2p, so lag is inevitable-- the only thing you can do is try to improve your connection to others.

You will lag if you try to play the game with other people on your network.

Do you have any antivirus software on your PC?
    Do you reset your router/modem frequently to improve latency?
    Have you tried playing using Ethernet?

Can you redo a speedtest using speedtest.net and let it chose the optimal server to connect to, and share your results again?

10. tinythe2ndplace

tinythe2ndplace Well-Known Member

what is your isp

BJJFromGJJ likes this.
  11. Gearman

Gearman Active Member

Are you freezing at the start of rounds?