I'm glad that 9D will be Released on Steam..

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by machatzi, Feb 6, 2017.

1. Sirme

Sirme Well-Known Member

They have a thread in player helping player about it...run in compatibility mode... and patch...if you are using windows 10...its windows defender...try to turn it off then download and update then turn back...You will crash sometimes but it will be playable...

2. Sirme

Sirme Well-Known Member

why don't I?, because it is a waste of my money to build something that looks okay and with no vision or passion while there are a lot better out there....by companies with loads of more money...MAYBE...

YOU DO NOT MAKE GAMES WITH MONEY ALONE...or 1 person...I am not willing to take a financial loss...but if you pay me for it...gladly...

Last edited: Feb 14, 2017
  3. Ubermensch9

Ubermensch9 Member

yea but you said you can make a better game with your meager budget. So you should, everyone who plays 9dragons would join it, and it would attract more consumers too. You'll obviously make a profit.

4. Sirme

Sirme Well-Known Member

again I said better graphics...I pointed out i have no vision...so my story will be ****....

Once upon a time.....shiny cool graphics...you were a man, u walk around....then a monkey rips your face...you die...the end...you loose...now you are gooey squashed dead meatbag...
    I don't think anyone in their right mind would wanna throw their money at me for that...

LangTuHoiDau likes this.
  5. Ubermensch9

Ubermensch9 Member

lol, why not just make something like 9d

6. Sirme

Sirme Well-Known Member

Will get sued for copyright...and to be honest would ruin the 9 dragons character...story/head cannon fantasy i got in my head for my leisure times....I seriously love this game...so wanna see it go somewhere....but... its dated...and no new story or relevant story arc for years....so making a china cut and paste under a new name and change some stuff...will kill the 9 dragons in my heart...

7. GoliaX

GoliaX Member

So aren't you able to install the game or update it on the Launcher?

Install:

- Download the latest downloader package from RF website here.
    - Make sure you have privilegies in the folder where you save the "Downloader.exe" and run it as administrator.
    - If your computer needs to download frameworks or any file/library needed to run the downloader, It will automatically download it, so let it install and then continue with the game download.
    - Once the install package game is downloaded, again make sure you save it where you have privilegies and you should see 2 files (They must be together in the same folder):
    err1.PNG
    - Run 9DSetup.exe as administrator, folow install instructions and It should be fine.

Update:

- It should be as simple as execute launcher/game as administrator and should update itself.
    - If you get an error here, generally It's not about any game file corrupted or RF server fault. Something is blocking launcher to to connect on updates server.
    - Just take a look on your antivirus, firewall or any software running that may blocks it. Turn them all off to check if this is the problem or add 9DA folder as exception.

If you still have the problem, post back a ss of the error so we may can help or just wait the ticket if GM Support can tell you a solution.
    In any case you should post it on "Player to player Support" section in forums and not here.

Moderators or administrators should move it.

8. machatzi

machatzi Active Member

Welcome new players. get ready to open your wallets :)

KProphetK likes this.
  9. machatzi

machatzi Active Member

RedFox, what did you really want to achieve when you opened a new server on the same day 9D was released on Steam?

You wanted to motivate veteran players to start on a new server, the same time all new players would start as well. Maps looking full, giving the illusion that you resurrected the game. But for how long will that last? (Actually, we can already see that new players quitting quite fast!)

If you really wanted to bring 9Dragons back to life, you would fix what broke it in the first place, and then release it on steam. The truth is that you never believed on new players staying.
    What broke the game?

a) Ridiculous exp rates that you "compensate" with exp events
    No one is willing in 2017 to spend countless hours on grinding. No one wants to kill 5000 mobs to get one level (Yes that's how the mid-end game will be). While you had exp event going on, people were grinding.. until the moment you turned it off (hi players who like exp events). Exp events are bad. Stop "forcing" players to play only during events. I would like to see players grinding any time of the day, and have someone to talk, run dungeons, go pk. Soon enough, the game will be just grind fest during exp events only.
    • Increase exp rates permanently, and stop exp events.
    Yin is PvP server and people are already grinding slow enough due to getting pked. And no, I don't want to use exp card and having someone jumping me every 5 minutes.
    Another thing is, there are 6 clans and all have the 4 classes (Have you heard?). That's like 24 combinations... and it would be pity if someone waste his time grinding only one char to end game. Trust me, when people max out a char, they will make another char and grind that one too. Don't be scared to increase exp rates. What you have now in the server is the loyal community... and they not gonna go away because they maxed.​
    • Increase skill exp. Seriously... looks like you are trolling us
    b) Premium Price, and the huge advantage it gives
    15$ for a 30days premium. For a 10+ yrs old game, that i need to buy a million other things to be able to compete. Making that 15$ look very small amount to be enough
    A Premium that is undoubtedly too powerful (+40 all attributes? really...?), giving no chance to non-paying players.
    • Reduce Premium price, and also reduce the stats it gives.
    Of course it should give advantage, but without negating non paying players to compete.
    By reducing the price, more people can afford it.
    By reducing the stats it gives, you are not kicking non paying players from the game. They can have their chance in PvP, they can grind.. but at least not so slower compare to others who have it. Competition will not be as hard as now for them.​

Steam feedback was Positive - thanks to old veteran players still playing this... but soon enough it became Mixed, and will continue this downhill.. while new players are giving their feedback.
    Soon enough, the player numbers will decrease back to normal. Back to as many as the all-time loyal players total is.

TL;DR You never really wanted to fix this game and increase its community by releasing it on Steam. You only wanted to create the illusion that the game is coming back to life, making players who gave up long time to believe there is a reason now to spend money on your heavily overpowered item mall.

Klitz and balb1n0 like this.
  10. machatzi

machatzi Active Member

I'm going though comments on Steam, and i should tell you it feels so dam good to be able to post our exact feelings and thoughts about how you manage this game, without having to go through your selective filter!

I have posted two days ago a very plain topic for discussion, which still seems to be under "moderated" status. And most probably this going to be the same.

RedFox, please give up on this game, and pass it to some other publisher! there is not even 1% chance to make it worse than what you did. Do us all this favor!

Should i talk about skill exp rates?
    Should i talk about your expensive item mall?
    Should i talk about all the disconnect and server issues?
    Should i talk about how heavily P2W this game has turned?

People are asking plain simple things to change. Hell they even started posting very good suggestions since day 1 you announced ownership of 9D. What have you done of all the suggestions? Nothing.
    Worst thing is that you didn't even bother explain why you haven't listened to people suggestions.

Honestly, from within my heart, drop this game for the good of all of us.

balb1n0 likes this.
  11. machatzi

machatzi Active Member

too late, most of them run away after redfox closed exp event the first time :)

When people realize what grind fest gonna be in later levels, and once they see that skills do not lvl up no matter what. Why would they stay :)

Luckily they can post some reviews on Steam, anyway here our moderator will block everything that says the truth :)

balb1n0 likes this.
  12. Falcon

Falcon Active Member

Tao server seems good, it have almost the same population like before, and if u look closer Yin have the triple population of Tao, there are a lot of new players that never played 9d before, and i dont see them quiting, they actually enjoy the game!

AestheticsGod likes this.
  13. Ubermensch9

Ubermensch9 Member

i think ,many left tao to join and yin. also when the game released on steam many acclaim players came back hope the game was resurrected, including me. I asked few of my friends to start playing, we were all playing during launch, then they got bored and left. I love this game so I still play hoping it gets better

Last edited: Feb 26, 2017
  14. Ubermensch9

Ubermensch9 Member

Posting in this thread because, now that the event is over, the Drop Rates are "Utter Garbage". Seriously, we dont want event drops in normal runs, but if I'm doing a red run of VoH, I'd like to not get only red jade of hell from the golden boxes. It's like redfox only wants us to play during events.

15. machatzi

machatzi Active Member

Honestly.. i cant tell there are new players left. they probably came to take a look and run away after opening the item mall.

Half of the server are players moved from Tao to Yin, and the rest are old acclaim players who came back hoping something will change. give them 2-3 weeks more and those will be gone too.

16. AestheticsGod

AestheticsGod New Member

Guys, you miss a point! NOT everyone here is heavy item mall fan. That been said, less than 20% of players will be going to donate more than 50$! This means just a few of them let's say atleast 10 players with no life wich donate tousands of dollars will get perfect gear. So what? If you don't donate, you can still have fun pvp people with same gear as you do. You can't be the best on the entire server, but you still can have fun and pvp alot. This game has alot of potencial especialy if the game will move to a new engine that performs better graphics and so on. I didn't donated yet any dollar, I will donate 30-50$ just to help the server to maintain and there I stop. They made the F11 system that can give you alot of good stuff just by farming. And don't forget that at high lvl, if you farm weapons for few days you will sell them to npc and make lot of money to buy expensive gear that you aim for. So I can't see what's that much pay2win here. Yin server was made for game lovers, not like Tao. So stop complaining, and play few months if you want good gear. All of you that complain just stopped lvling at FC-GL but complaining they don't have money in game. Please, be more mature and start working for it! Peace!

IGN: braindeadly/ADDiCT/MonsieurX

rsf666 likes this.