Vietnamese causing trouble

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dexterloax, Feb 21, 2017.

?

Do you agree we should have a harsher punishment for anyone who disregards the English only rule?

1. Yes

68.0%
  2. No

32.0%
  1. dexterloax

dexterloax New Member

I don't know where I should put this so I figured General Discussion sounded ok.

Hi everyone, I am here to discuss the state of Yin server where i'm playing. As you guys have noticed Yin server has an absurd amount of Vietnamese players or rather the absurd amount of Vietnamese players bashing each other in the global chat.

I have been watching how they say, what they say and the legitimacy of their sayings. If you guys did some google translation of some of those sayings, you would find that approximately half of those were just curses, or logic at the most childish. The remaining half of those lion roars were Buy and Sell offers. It's normal to have people trash talk each other on global chat in all games and real life situations, but never before have I seen those trash talks popped up so frequently. To make matters worse, they did it in their native language.

Luckily for us, Vietnam's alphabet is Latin-based, so it doesn't make our eyes popped, but it does irritate me a lot. You see, the server is international, so I figured we have to keep speaking our native language on global chat to the minimum. But anywhere I look, anytime I look, 95% of the global chat is written in Vietnamese. It is very disrespectful towards everyone else. I don't see any Chinese speaking Madarin in the chat, or Malaysian speaking Bahasa Malay, or Indonesian speaking in their own native language on global...No 95% of the chat is written in Vietnamese. I mean if you want to bash other players, go pm him/her or better yet don't do it(it's rude to do that), don't dish it out on global chat. Thousands of people around the world are watching and you are embarrassing yourselves.

On top of that, when they were confronted by others and was told by a GM to keep the native language at the minimum and use English only in global chat, they lashed out and cursed at everyone. I mean c'mon, who does that? I don't know if they have any respect for anyone, is this the Vietnamese community? I have Vietnamese friends and they are just about as nice as Canadians, so I don't hate Vietnamese, I hate people who can't follow a simple rule; that is to use English only in Global chat. Not only did they fail to comply, they lashed out using Vietnamese as well. This is unacceptable, if you don't want to speak English in global chat, you can go play in your own country's server or China's, don't go to international servers.

I really want GM to actually ban Vietnamese who refuses to obey the rule from global chat. It is very disrespectful and it would benefit the community as a whole a lot.

leehee likes this.
  2. leehee

leehee New Member

i'm a Vietnamese, and i totally agree with you :(

3. Elsikerins

Elsikerins Active Member

You don't have to ban those who do not speak English in global chat. You should just do like 24 hour mute on global only. So they can communicate in direct or whatnot.
    English aint my native language. And i still speak in it as fluently as i do in my native. Well for that there's many reasons. I am not arrogant kid who thinks if his nationality is majority then everyone should speak alien. 2nd. It comes pretty handy actually, guys.
    3rd Not only ingame it comes handy. It also opens you shittons of opportunities in real life. Well i dream that one day we will all speak English. because clearly RF does not give a ****.

Klitz likes this.
  4. Ubermensch9

Ubermensch9 Member

spoken like a true poet

5. UmAbbas

UmAbbas New Member

I'm a non-native to English and I definitely agree. It's disrespectful and disregarding to others within the community. In any language that is not the official server language, to be frank.

I'd never just shout in English for example in Black Desert Japan, which I occasionally play - it's not the official server tongue, and hence doesn't belong into the public chat.

Keep it private, if you really must.

6. TheKaruse

TheKaruse New Member

The Vietnamese players are considered an integer part of the 9D community by Redfox. They will probably not want to cross them by banning Vietnamese from roars.

What should be done is the Integration of a Vietnamese language filter and appropiate measures against those who circumvent them in any language.

7. Trickster

Trickster New Member

The mute sugestion was the best. That should be the punishment for those who just like to trash talk other people. Mute for 12H/ 24H/ 7 days and so on depending on how many times one crossed the line.
    There is to much work and RF will not do it.
    Next best option is that you turn off the roar...

8. Missytouka

Missytouka Active Member

So you go out your way to google translate what they saying? You are very nosy if they want to insult each other in viet let them. Who cares what they do to each other

Okiku likes this.
  9. Elsikerins

Elsikerins Active Member

Cannabis ?

10. Missytouka

Missytouka Active Member

like i said if you get offended or feel disrespected then you have some issues. If their argue with each other in their native language what concern does it have with you anyway? I swear snowflakes are breeding so fast nowadays I don't feel disrespected over something so dumb and small especially with ppl online. I guess everyone got the trump complex now.

Okiku likes this.
  11. iExcalibur

iExcalibur New Member

I'm legitimately curious about where it states that any part of the chat is restricted to English only (I've never noticed any messages about this).

It appears that there's widespread xenophobia present on 9Dragons from the majority of the posts in this thread. I don't wish to offend any of you, but to raise awareness to the fact that these are individual players who are acting up. They do NOT represent "the Vietnamese players/community". From the actions of a few, it is irrational to judge groups of players or an entire community. These stereotypical ideals only promote hatred and begin to lead to confirmation bias when individuals misbehave.

Furthermore, Google Translate isn't very reliable; ESPECIALLY for the Vietnamese language. One thing to keep in mind is that a majority of players who speak in their native language tend to use colloquialism and abbreviations; not to mention that Vietnamese contains many symbols that remarkably influence the context that aren't typed out and are only recognized by people who can read the language.

Lastly, if you are offended by players in global chat, then my suggestion is that you take advantage of the block list and save yourself some stress. Those players most likely received an appropriate punishment if they blatantly ignored a GM's warning. Please don't portray an entire ethnicity in such a negative view due to a handful of players.

TheKaruse likes this.
  12. MMMMMMMM

MMMMMMMM Active Member

Solution to the problem:
    1.Blacklist
    2.Turn off roar
    3. Take screenshots of the spam and send a ticket to RF. Then hopefully RF will chat ban them. 1st offense a warning/2nd offense 12hour chat banned/3rd offense 24hour chat banned/etc.
    4. Maybe we can have a GM in game, like back in acclaim/GC to check on drama.

iExcalibur and Pna1Dra6on like this.
  13. BipolarTuna

BipolarTuna Active Member

You may remember, there was once a "official" Vietnamese 9Dragons, but they all hacked, duped ect so much it was closed pretty fast.

Nekolady313 likes this.
  14. Nekolady313

Nekolady313 Member

touka japanese 9d use ban any 1 who roars in english it is very disrespectful try to roar english in korean 9d and they will ban you with in sec's.this rule is ntn new we respect every 9d servers they should do the same for NA.

i played many type of jp/korean games even speaking english in normal chat pisses off the asians. and i been called rude for doing it on a jp game.

15. Elsikerins

Elsikerins Active Member

Tensei xD

16. atkuzis

atkuzis Active Member

Japanese server is closed ages ago also it's a rumor not sure if it's true

17. Nekolady313

Nekolady313 Member

i played jp servers and yes i know its closed. they had a warning to not speak in english cuz is dis repecetful. and i am jp if i saw english ofc i find it dis recpecetful.

18. Missytouka

Missytouka Active Member

Ppl who get disrespected to stuff that's not directed towards them needs to get over themselves

Okiku likes this.