How Is RedFox's Version vs Mayn, ETC?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MysticKMF, May 8, 2017.

1. MysticKMF

MysticKMF New Member

Hello, as the title says. I'm am thinking coming back to this game, but don't know which version is better.

I played back on Mayn before and that other company before they closed 12Sky 1&2, still waiting for that someday when the original 12Sky will come back.

Anyways, let me know your thoughts.

2. Cocidious

Cocidious Member

mayn sold out hard core its kinda teribad now. this version has its issues mainly that its slow to update and such but. id pref a slower game development so long as its quality updates and is carfull to not implament items that break the game. so far redfox has done that :)

3. Kimoso

Kimoso New Member

Quality is indeed a great thing tho i wish the GM's were more "Interactive" with the community.
    I've never tried Mayn because i read that it was usually filled with hackers, but redfox so far is really "MEH" just quite a bit of bugs and other issues that i'm not even sure if the GMs are tending to them because they're quite quiet. So for now it's just a waiting game to see what they put out in the next patch.

4. Abelong7

Abelong7 Active Member

come jinong...redfox is okay so far..still playable...but u can dc alot at gwar

5. Cocidious

Cocidious Member

I use to dc but i went on to my internet options and set dedicated ports for steam, now i think iv dc'ed like 3 times in the last few weeks.

6. Cocidious

Cocidious Member

yeh next patch will let us know how the game will progress. i suspect the bugs are being caused by conflicting coding and well that is hellish to fix. you fix one part and another breaks until you basically re wright all the code :D its why i think its been stuck in testing so long. To be honest if the devs were to say hay patch up in 1 month, then that month passed and no updated because the patch make more mistakes or they patched it with more mistakes. it would kill the game. at this point not saying anything while annoying is prob the only cores of action they actually have :D

7. Kimoso

Kimoso New Member

That may be true that fixing 1 bug may lead to another, but that just mean that they gotta look over their own coding and make sure it's not spaghetti coded. All online update games are the same when they push out updates and some games even have tester before they push it out, but still there will be either small or big issues that are immediately dealt with unless it's to big of an issue. If anything, they should hire an extra coder if it's to much.

8. Cocidious

Cocidious Member

They are working with other peoples code though :D its an old game and they are now the proud owners of a cluster ****. When coding for a game that you didn't necessarily wright the original code for and infarct it may have been patched and re-patched by may coders its not as simple. years of "quick patches" also known as inserting another line of code to patch over a problem or to add a new item or such to a game leaves allot of unused lines misplaced lines and lines just to point another line to a line that happens to already be there, and then yeh you know its easy for the guy to made it to see whats going on but its a job and a half for a new guy to then fix anything. League of Legends (MOAB) has spent almost 2 years now trying to fix their own code and get rid of bugs and they have a huge team... not to mention they wrote the code in the first place.

9. MysticKMF

MysticKMF New Member

Thanks for the replies, curious how did Mayn sold out? I like p2w games ... well most of the time. Or would I be better of p2w maplestory then 12sky2 mayn lols.

Anyways I might give redfox a try.

10. TobiKato

TobiKato Member

i just have too high ping. 46 steady in redfox, 160 in mayn. i have lots of stuff on mayn. war dragons and stuff. :p