How do you fight Cyclone in a 1v1?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Yeomra, May 25, 2017.

1. Yeomra

Yeomra Well-Known Member

Serious question.

2. Bored

Bored Well-Known Member

Sike

The real question is why are you trying to become a 1v1er on a dead game?

SoarRF, tamirtov and BJJFromGJJ like this.
  3. Shana

Shana Creator of Heartseeker, SF, IAS, BD & CC

It really depends on how the player uses Cyclone

• If the player likes to spam the juggle launcher, just simply blocking pretty much limits their options
    • If the player likes to spam kick combo, I think there's a counter-break point on the third kick, since it comes out a bit slowly
    • If the player likes to spam punch combo, just block and counter. If the opponent tries to angle the punch combo finisher after you blocked the previous punches, you can actually punish this with good enough reflexes. Since Cyclone cannot omni grab outside of kG, you can sideblock this combo easily as well
    • If the player likes to spam kG on wake-up, stand up and attack. This will avoid the grab completely, and it's a perfect counter to grab attempts in general. Another option is to simply jump away, or neutral jump kick

Be careful when using Saver, because >>G can punish saver pretty easily. Saver [in this matchup] is more often than not, reserved to punish the last kick

and lastly [of course], saver+nanmu will punish any Cyclone user that hits you with the last kick. Your opponent does not have enough time to block this because your opponent is still trapped in the grab animation, and is forced to eat the nanmu before completely recovering.

Last edited: May 25, 2017
    tamirtov and M4cropod like this.
  4. AlphaMale

AlphaMale New Member

Ice breaker is the best scroll ever #notbeingsarcastic

tamirtov likes this.
  5. TheFuzionBranz

TheFuzionBranz Wiki Creator & Manager, Scroll Masters Finalist

1)Ignore most posts here

2)
    -If the player is willing to use any punch input the scroll has, Just counter. Delayed or not, Its stun+delay potential isnt enough to avoid the counters frame period unless its delayed to its maximum and you do a premature counter.

-Your safer to engage vs a Cyclone user on the right side, Seeing he cant connect the second kick if ever he manages to prioritize his engage over yours.

-Never side guard, use a angle. It can drift and hit your back. It also wont keep up with a angle guard as well as a side guard since its very linear. It also has an omni

-2 of 4 of its kick combos are very easy to counter due to poor stun. People tend to delay, Makes it easier to counter.

-If a player does a full kick combo, aka grab hit. If you have saver its the biggest counter to it as you reset the pressure and gain an advantage (you can saver before the grab animation ends for the user)

-If player does full kick combo and you have saver, Saver+Nanmu and he wont be able to block it.

-Its easy to spot the differences between a good player, a player who knows Cyclone well and a player who doesn't know it well. Timing of the first kick is essential. Its one of the main utilities of this scroll. It comes in from a distance very kick and linear. If a player doesnt utilize distance of take advantage over the first hit, its a pretty clear sign. Players who go for full kick combo juggle VS saver users instead of switching up for PPKP or KKC or PPPP are pretty stupid too, Since Kick combo as stated has so much duration for the animation. A good Cyclone user will always try to end his kick combo on a angle, To try and negate the punishment from the grab animation. A good player will maximize the utility of KKC distance, As it can get you far away fast enough to be able to block even a slide kick coming at you.

M4cropod, tamirtov and Shana like this.
  6. Shana

Shana Creator of Heartseeker, SF, IAS, BD & CC

whoa branz is back

good to see you again

7. Yeomra

Yeomra Well-Known Member

Thanks Shana and Branz. I'm gonna see if I can find someone to practice with tomorrow.

Also I'm not trying to be a 1v1'er, I just think imo it's the most fun to me vs the other options this game has to offer.

8. tamirtov

tamirtov Clean Up Crew

It's true. I once put Ice Breaker and won.

9. HumoLoco

HumoLoco Clean Up Crew

If you see Cyclone. just ddos them. That's your best advice af. Dont listen RedFox say its illegal or 3rd party whatever they name it. DDos is not a 3rd party but hack.

Panthaero and tamirtov like this.
  10. Jazztech

Jazztech Well-Known Member

I can recommend one of two things:
    Leave with dignity.
    Lose and leave in shame.

HumoLoco and tamirtov like this.
  11. tamirtov

tamirtov Clean Up Crew

Are you recommending these options from an experience?

Benon likes this.
  12. HoneySwiss

HoneySwiss Well-Known Member

Cross your fingers and pray to god

13. Jazztech

Jazztech Well-Known Member

Just relaying the information you gave me when I put Cyclone on.

tamirtov likes this.
  14. tamirtov

tamirtov Clean Up Crew

Well played.