LoB Healer

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GubRee, Oct 31, 2017.

1. GubRee

GubRee Active Member

LoB Healers have "reduce target defense" as trap clan bonus. I've tested Def Trap VS [any LoB] trap and Def trap cheng 1 > [any LoB] trap cheng 1, meaning that the bonus dmg is higher with def trap.

What I'd like to know is: for the LoB traps, the bonus dmg increase with higher cheng or remain the same from cheng1 to cheng10??? I can't check it myself atm so if anyone can answer this would be appreciated.

2. GubRee

GubRee Active Member

So... no clue about this? There was some friend in game who said they were gonna test it. If you did the test could you answer this please? Even send me a private message, I'd really like to know that atm.

3. Sirme

Sirme Well-Known Member

It should increase with each cheng...but again....do not use bracer with it or overflow lol...as long as you melee with it...it increases...unless if its bugged then gg

4. GubRee

GubRee Active Member

lol overflow.. do not mention it :p :))))))

Thanks for the answer, anyway I need to know if it's for sure, so I need someone who tested it.

5. Victorion

Victorion Active Member

Cheng 10 deftrap is extremely helpful on boss-type mobs.
    From c9 to c10 is a big jump. Example: hitting sacred tiger
    - no targeting or deftrap = 22k dmg
    - targeting and deftrap c10 = 52k dmg

Compared to targeting alone, the deftrap especially pays off when more than 1 player is hitting the same mob.

Certain mobs and bosses have low defence, so further reduction of their defence makes the deftrap uninmportant. Examples of this are dungeon mobs and bosses from CC dungeon. I do not find the deftrap effective in red or black ccd. However for kylin runs, higher kunlun grind and loulan bosses, it makes a huge difference.

Deftrap skill levelling is quite easy, but prepare yourself on cheng8->9 is about 10 times slower than all other chengs. Cheng9->10 is fast.

Just use 10x3 manuals constantly, and you can max the deftrap within a weekend event, assuming you have skill xp bonus from premium or free quest 1 day pill.

Targeting is always useful, on any mob or boss - the casting time compared to the dmg return/time saved casting is positive as long as the mob takes longer than 15 sec to kill. Less than 15 sec, I would not bother.

Targeting improves your overall damage around 20%, regardless of gear and bonuses.

6. GubRee

GubRee Active Member

Thank you very much for your answer and detailed informations. Anyway I had already c8 def trap on my toon (Wu Tang), and already using it a lot in dungeon especially, combined with targeting and courage c3, which was a huge dmg bonus.

What I am asking here is about League of Beggars trap bonus. Every LoB trap is like a "mini def-trap". For example: take "Dog-beating formation - Explosion (Phy)" - this should be the name - cheng 1 and compare it with def trap cheng 1, you will see that the bonus damage from LoB trap is lower than def trap, tho they both work with percentage apparently, so are to be used on bosses. This one I tested myself so I can tell this for sure.

Now I never tested said "Dog-beating formation - Explosion (Phy)" on higher chengs, and I'd like to know: said trap on cheng 10 have higher dmg bonus then on cheng1? If yes, would also be interesting to know how it is that bonus compared to cheng 10 def trap, even if I guess it should be lower.

Ofc this argument should be applied to all LoB traps. I mentioned "explosion (phy)" because should be the easier one to level up in order to test this.....

7. Victorion

Victorion Active Member

I see what youre asking. I have a lob healer as well, and I am aware of the clan-specific bonuses the traps gets.
    If i remember right, the clan specific bonus for lob is 5% def decrease on traps, regardless of skill cheng and type of formation.

So the short answer, its not worth maxing a trap for a clan specific bonus attribute, as it has no impact.

Its quite easy to test tho. You can take any maxed trap, and just reduce the cheng manually.
    Then test if you see any noticable difference between c1 and c10. You will want to unequip your weapon and anything else making your dmg margin bigger, for a more accurate test.

8. GubRee

GubRee Active Member

OK thanks again. I guess the 5% from c1 to c10 should be how it is working. Tho my problem is that I'm not in game since one month or more and I cannot test it myself atm because I should re-install client or whatever cuz don't know why but I can't access the game. And I don't think I'm going through that atm ^^'