So Gem Fighter Transfering?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by KingxD, Dec 5, 2017.

1. KingxD

KingxD Well-Known Member

I had a gem fighter account but never used it. Just peeked on the website and was greeted with an announcement.

http://gf.valofe.com/notice/view?entry_idx=25196

What I can get out of it with google translate is that gem fighter is closing down and moving to another company. It's funny how when some very popular mmos close down they take years to come back or never come back at all but RF finds itself someone who wants to host it in weeks or months.

alcandy1, HumoLoco and tamirtov like this.
  2. Shana

Shana Creator of Heartseeker, SF, IAS, BD & CC

There's lots of money to be made from rumble fighter boxes, and that's what attracts businesspeople

alcandy1, HumoLoco and tamirtov like this.
  3. KingxD

KingxD Well-Known Member

If there's lots of money made why do companies keep closing it down instead of keeping the game for more profit?

alcandy1 and HumoLoco like this.
  4. SimpThePimp

SimpThePimp Member

Out of fear of being in a money deficit maybe. Plus the amount money that can be brought in from hosting RF has a limit/ peak as the population doesn't increase but instead decreases.

alcandy1 and Shana like this.
  5. Shana

Shana Creator of Heartseeker, SF, IAS, BD & CC

cuz gambling/RNG can cause massive upsets

it's kind of what happened to black desert, where a lot of people start quitting cuz of big losses from RNG

and then eventually the company would likely struggle to break even, if they continue to lose those high-paying players, since the RNG related content only appeals to them (they can afford it)

HumoLoco likes this.
  6. KingxD

KingxD Well-Known Member

Makes sense.

HumoLoco likes this.
  7. iHumza

iHumza Artist of Winter

I think this will make it possible to make a GF account in NA.

HumoLoco, Shana and tamirtov like this.
  8. Zhire

Zhire Clean Up Crew

explains this sht spenders i guess.

tamirtov, alcandy1 and HumoLoco like this.
  9. Firezilla

Firezilla Clean Up Crew

I don't think its companies closing the game down, its more like another company is acquiring the game. Acquisitions happen all the time, regardless of rather a company is profitable or not, as long as the acquiring company thinks that it is a good investment they will decide to buy the game.

alcandy1 and HumoLoco like this.
  10. Yukoto

Yukoto Well-Known Member

Brah, how many player are there in rf.? How are Nimonix making a living.!!!?

tamirtov, alcandy1 and HumoLoco like this.
  11. Zhire

Zhire Clean Up Crew

If I had to guess, we probably have about a 100 active players on a busy night in NA, give or take. Probably peak around 150-200 players in total right now. I'm not sure about the situation in Gem Fighter but there has to be more player in GF. I don't believe you can run a company by milking a player base as small as a couple hundred people. You have to understand that some people spend hundreds upon hundreds of dollars. Crazy ones even spend up to thousands of dollars. Nimonix is constantly milking the player base with boxes, spenders, and bad business practices so it's not so hard to comprehend how they are still running after so many years.

tamirtov, Yukoto and Meggi like this.
  12. HumoLoco

HumoLoco Clean Up Crew

Da valofe could'e hire redfox to have worship themselve how to keep rumble fighter survive under their ********.

13. Yukoto

Yukoto Well-Known Member

50(Player) x 1.5k dollar = 75k, that's "IF" the 50 player spent that much :L. I swear/think RF can go mainstream if Nimonix somehow change some stuff around, or take suggestion from the god of the shinobi @Draygashi etc.

tamirtov, alcandy1 and Draygashi like this.
  14. Firezilla

Firezilla Clean Up Crew

low fixed costs. Nimonix provides the updates, they probably only take a royalty amount of profits generated, but that means that RedFox does not need to hire game developers to keep the game running. All they pay is the amount required to run the RF servers and the 1 or 2 GMs they hire to keep the game running. So basically anything they sell in the game is almost like profit, pretty easy to break even.

15. tamirtov

tamirtov Clean Up Crew

You can always transfer from this world.

BJJFromGJJ likes this.