Pig event is on (boxes)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Eroine, Apr 25, 2018.

1. Icystar

Icystar New Member

i guess Gm let players farm eggs cause if it is wrong they will fix early, but there is nothing happen until now

2. Sirme

Sirme Well-Known Member

unless its a bug.....
    and it is a bug...otherwise there would be an announcement...

a bug is an un intended result when programming.....
    and you my friend just helped spread it and make victims... lol
    Unless Redfox decides to do 0 about it....

everyone who uses will be punished....if u get roll backed or banned...it your own faults...

3. Sirme

Sirme Well-Known Member

if you read their event page..they said do not use any bugs....

you will get banned....
    Just go and check through their last Christmas even...you will know someone got banned for something like this already...
    good luck to you...

4. N0LYF3

N0LYF3 Member

Well I'm curious how they plan on bringing this about the right way, it's a bug? That sucks, I didn't realize until this post. But it makes sense now why it would be. It's just too powerful, after seeing for myself. You think they will rollback?
    When a GM confirms this is a bug then I can consider the claim of reports/bans etc. But that seems a bit unfair to the ignorant crowd that have no idea what these items mean.

5. N0LYF3

N0LYF3 Member

Yeah, I just hit FC4 and killing mobs was becoming really difficult, Im wondering if I got a good relic from pigs that it might help with that. 9D has a huge learning curve, it's not even funny.

KProphetK likes this.
  6. Sirme

Sirme Well-Known Member

If it was your game, maybe you manage it perfectly...but...this is Redfox we are talking about....and A company....

Just because someones wallet if sitting in front of you, doe not mean taking it won't get you arrested...

its the same logic...
    and they have punished people for relic stacking...Fyi...

Maybe if this was not posted on forum...they might have "mehed" it out...and kept it down low.....but you can't say "meh" to people getting free items that cost money....when not scheduled....

If it was meant for an event they would announce like any other event...
    Personally I want more flags....not gonna risk it...But

Others are free to....

I will just say "I told you so" lol

7. N0LYF3

N0LYF3 Member

NukiNuki, I'm also wearing the full Valley of Hell clothes (superior) set. I've been wondering what or when to upgrade it and how. Any tips?

8. Missytouka

Missytouka Active Member

Its not a bug and they can't do anything since the boxes are part of the game suppose to drop coins which ppl do farm

9. Gescape

Gescape Member

What about war today? It's supposed to start in 1h

10. Sirme

Sirme Well-Known Member

i dunno why i have to do this but...it is a BUG!!
    here is the definition of a bug...

A software bug is an error, flaw, failure or fault in a computer program or system that causes it to produce an incorrect or unexpected result, or to behave in unintended ways.

the event happening was an unexpected....flaw in the programming of their update....rationalising it..does not change the true definition...

I am a programmer....I know what a bug is....

11. Sirme

Sirme Well-Known Member

probably no war because of bug...or maybe delayed..

12. JustSayian

JustSayian Active Member

So how do you know the spawn areas and whats the map they spawn in?

rashbrasil likes this.
  13. Missytouka

Missytouka Active Member

Bug or not you still can't be ban from this since. Seeing as players themselves wouldn't know of the bug since boxes are used to farm tokens.
    For example I play destiny and the last expansion that happen brought a gun that did more dmg then it was suppose to. What you describe as a bug the gun fell into the bug category bungie has the same rule as redfox being ban for usage of bugs. But no one was ban since it was their fault. All this prove that the gms don't play test their servers a bug like that should be found by a dev not a player. Banable bug are the bugs players have to make or do something for said bug to be made

nazgul98 likes this.
  14. Sirme

Sirme Well-Known Member

well no ****, I gotta get the definition fro somewhere....
    I don't know if you are trying to be insulting or something....but what you said....should be pretty obvious...

Webster's Collegiate Dictionary includes the following definition of bug: "an unexpected defect, fault, flaw, or imperfections." In programming jargon, “errors” are known as “bugs”. ... The term bug became popular in programming to save the egos of programmers who could not admit that their programs were full of errors.

Hope that satisfies you "Mr. naysayer"

yes you can ban forit, depends on how many costumers you can afford to loose....
    the players knew perfectly what they were doing

its called when you open first box and you see pigs...
    you check announcement if there is any event.....
    If you continue and don't care...
    I am sorry that is your fault....

you were just trying to milk the golden pig and feign innocence...

then again a lot of people were box opportunist...so they might not ban...since...they would have to ban alot of people.... they might just flag your account for next time lol...

Moral of the story, when you see something which is clearly wrong...
    A.) abuse the heck outta it and feign innosence
    B.) be cautious and ask question to gm or support before you continue...

end result...
    you either get punished or not..

Last edited: Apr 27, 2018
  15. Sirme

Sirme Well-Known Member

still using the same logic....
    but you clearly knew
    Since when you open a box you get pigs...
    logic would dictate you check if there is an event or not

If you do not check I am sorry...its your fault and excuses will be excuses...

its like reading the wiki leaks, and then telling everybody...and then saying well I just saw it, and proceeded to spread it... even though I saw the contents....
    its not my fault...

in the real world..it is your fault... all excuses aside...

Now whether they punish you or not, is up to them...

getting multiple boxes after pig...make you a culprit...

Enough said, have a great day

16. Sirme

Sirme Well-Known Member

yeah, I understand what you are saying. W/e we choose to call it, it is minor, basically an oversight...
    all I was trying to convey is that Redfox bans/punishes for things like that...

During Christmas event some dude....had saved his drops from past event....and used it to get item early....Banned!!

Now I am not Redfox, nor do I claim to be...

was just saying be careful...
    since for all intense and purposes in the world of program " an unintended back door, or oversight is a bug; In the functionality of program."

and using it is technically and "abuse of a bug or mistake" which they can punish for....at their convenience

But apologies if I came up as rude....
    was just trying to give people the heads up....

17. Eroine

Eroine Well-Known Member

There must be a balance in everything.

Players tend to be curios and explore everything in any game.Curiosity is in human nature and push your limits.Sirme, I love the open minds and thinking outside the box, the exploring and to do things different. When somebody tells me I can't, I say you can...

Now, in our debating issue, the intention counts... if you do it to gain benefit out of it , keep it to yourself, selling it, exploit it to hurt others and so on is wrong But, when you do it open and transparent to be corrected and share it is the right thing to do it.

There will always be two truths, two ways to see it, either you are a programator, student, GMs, worker or what you are. Let's just not forget that anything that is technical is produce by humans and every human make mistakes, because we are not perfect. Tehnical world is full of errors as human world is full of mistakes.

We all learn from those and go on to make progress...

18. Missytouka

Missytouka Active Member

Seeing as no one was ban