Patch 1.5 -graphic update

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Galdirian, May 31, 2018.

1. Galdirian

Galdirian Member

Do we have any more info on a patch that will upgrade the game's graphics?

2. ChowChow

ChowChow Active Member

3. Galdirian

Galdirian Member

To my knowledge Dragons Dream is in it's core a 9Dragons but a private version run separately. So no need to worry about that since that trailer is not a graphic update :) . We did not get any info update and half of 2018 is already gone so I was wondering if GM or anyone could give us an update on this.

4. Gescape

Gescape Member

Graphic update aside, i think there is more pressing matter they should take under consideration. I am talking about AWFUL optimisation. It's really hilarious, that a game which is already 11 years old, still makes high-end PCs run full throttle. Personally i can play titles such as the wither 3 or newest assassins creed on decent graphics specs without a hitch, but when i turn on 9dragons, the cooling in my laptop goes mad. Seriously, what the heck. And to make it worse they implement gift system, which basically forces you to have the game on (and torture your pc) all the time if you want to grab those gifts. To me this issue is far bigger than improving the graphics. Besides - is there anyone among those playing 9d today who does it for its outdated graphics anyway?

Revered likes this.
  5. Revered

Revered Well-Known Member

Well said. Maybe somebody is using our PCs for mining bitcoins ?

Here are the system requirements for 9D [GC times]. But now, whatever PC You got, it is too low.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 3, 2018
  6. FuriaAlba

FuriaAlba Well-Known Member

If you check your processor performance by each core, you will see that 9dragons uses one core at 100%, rest around 15-20%.
    I have no idea what one can do to balance out processor core utilization in this situation.

7. ChowChow

ChowChow Active Member

Did you try switching from integrated graphic card to dedicated card? For some reason 9D automatically runs in integrated card. Try switching it. I have done that and 9D runs smoothly than before.

8. Gescape

Gescape Member

I never said 9d is not running smoothly. It is, and it always had - even on my very old, previous pc. The problem is, that regardless of how good a pc is, it will always be forced to work full force when playing 9dragons. Such exploitation has very negative impact on PCs health and potential longetivity. I wouldn't care that much if it was only that 2 or 3h a day when i am actually playing. But if you want to get gifts for 200 or even 250h monthly online, you need to torture your pc in that conditions more than 8h every single day. This is a serious issue they should take a look at, and nobody will convince me otherwise, no matter how much he or she wants to **** up to the red fox.

Not to mention... i think that even electricity bill for leaving pc on for 250h would be higher than the price for actually buying those few boxes you can get from it...

9. ChowChow

ChowChow Active Member

Yes, not as often as integrated card though. Maybe once every 2 hours.

10. ChowChow

ChowChow Active Member

I agree that this game is badly optimized. I can run highly graphic demanding games without a hitch. When it comes to this game, my PC feels and smells like i am cooking BBQ on it all day. I hope RF hire some developers to optimize it a little better.

11. ChowChow

ChowChow Active Member

You crash because integrated graphic card don't load the KL map properly. This map got serious rendering issue.

There is also internet connection that comes into play. You must have secure and stable connection.

On top of that, this game is poorly optimized. PC heats up causing GC to go nuts then shuts itself off.