=>[Introduction]<=

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by RedSeven, Jul 19, 2018.

1. RedSeven

RedSeven New Member

Hello everybody. As you can see, I am RedSeven. I came upon this game in an ad, so I thought, 'Why not give it a try?'. But before I start playing, I want to know what the community is, and their own opinions on this game. Should I give it a try? Why? These are my questions.

2. Shana

Shana Creator of Heartseeker, SF, IAS, BD & CC

The game is in a bad state, if I were to be brutally honest

I seek to actively tell GM's what issues need to be brought to attention via support desk, and influence the Nimonix developers to take action on it

My opinion on the community: The players take pride in their skill, and if they lose, they will easily use lag as an excuse. This isn't new, because of other games that use P2P connection (yes this game doesn't have a server for player connections with one another) face this frustration. Lag is a legitimate excuse, and that's something we'll have to deal with. If you have any beef with a player that knows how to DDOS, be afraid, because this game has a way of revealing IP addresses via Resource Monitor, and people can exploit that IP address to DDOS you. Everyone has their own way of doing things, and if you ever try to argue with their opinions, they will shut you down, either through trashtalk/insulting, or settle things with a DDOS. This is why I prefer to not talk when I play, or try to avoid drama/arguments. My unpopular opinion with the community is that there's a lot of elitism going on. If you're not from the OGP generation, they will undermine your talents in the game, or any form of knowledge you think you have.

The community is very small, and you'll often see the same faces over and over again. We're pretty close when it comes to a community, and often seeing a room with people is enough to keep you busy, unless you like to strictly focus on playing certain maps.

Other than that, there are good things worth mentioning:
    -this game is a hidden gem, and has tremendous potential
    -it recently added a new defensive option, that allows you to escape juggles, and fence-edging combos
    -a brave mode system (I prefer to call it berserker mode), that allows players to do more damage if they are low on health, motivating players to keep trying, even if they are losing badly
    -most of the players in the game is incredibly skilled, because a lot of the players are veterans
    -the skill gap is huge, which leaves room for a lot of outplay potential
    -the game combines elements of 2d style and 3d style of fighting, so it will appeal to players that enjoy the 2-D style jumping mechanic, as well as the sidestepping appreciated in the 3d style (compliments the jumps too!)
    -maps can actually enhance your combos, so there's a lot of room to experiment with this
    -Even though this game has super powerful items that are often locked in RC, there's a lot of the in-game currency items that can rival it (ex. Tactical Bow and Another Avenger)
    -No matter how many advantages the opponent has in terms of gear, you can still win, through pure skill. This is why the topic of pay2win is often very debatable.
    -There's a reason to win the match (getting room master if you win 1st place), but often this is used to kick players they don't like out of the room lol
    -You can suggest content on this game, such as the fighting styles, and even the map textures. A lot of fighting styles have been implemented via suggestions, and there's a map texture that's implemented too (and is player-made!)
    -There's ways to get free RC, which is every Friday, where there's an event called Friday Fisticuff. If you're fortunate enough to defeat the GM before all the players can, you can win 500RC or whatever the GM was wearing in the room. There's 3 chances to beat the GM, because there's 3 rounds per game.
    -You can trade with other players, via the gifting system, which gives you the opportunity to have your hands on RC items without spending a single USD. You need a lot of in-game currency to convince anyone to trade with you though. Also, BEWARE OF SCAMMERS. Scamming is not bannable in this game, and is extremely likely!

bad things about the game:
    -If you see a room that only needs 1 more person to fill it, chances are, you are going to get kicked out of that room. Saving spots (kicking players out in order to save that last player slot in the room) is one the most annoying things in this game, and is a problem that needs to be addressed soon.
    -You cannot purchase RC with a credit card as your first purchase. I cannot stress this enough. It's a new rule being implemented. You also need to confirm your email address along with 24-hour wait. If you want to purchase RC with a credit card, you need to use other alternatives like Openbucks (along with the 24 hour wait of the Redfox email confirmation) which allows you to buy RC with gift cards like Subway gift cards first.

-The premium content is super annoying, and a lot of the content is locked in RC, which the premium currency that requires USD to get
    -gambling boxes which contain super powerful items, which is locked in RC, although there's many opportunities to get these boxes for free through events (there's one happening right now)
    -the stat gap: players with more stats can easily make a fight super unfair.
    -lots of bugs (game can randomly crash, damage not displaying properly, scoreboard is glitched, item set effects sometimes don't work, STR and ARM doesn't scale properly, etc)
    -community can be very toxic (careful about what you say to other players)
    -community doesn't have enough players to fill 3+ pages of rooms per day (the game is desperate to have more new players), and all the other channels are empty besides Free Channel.
    -The Rumble Fighter forum is in a bad state as well, because of its inactivity
    -Classes like Android get very little attention, and content for these classes are often lacking
    -PvE (yes there's PvE) content is often off-limits if your stats are too low
    -Using Exocores will cause a lot of salt, and often you'll get lots of hate for using them, and get kicked. The only rooms that tolerate exocores is Glacier Cove rooms, or any Random Map rooms
    -If you are not from NA, you are going to have a bad time. The majority of the rooms consist of NA players, and EU players will lag horribly to NA players.
    -Guild system is extremely buggy, especially the guild chat
    -Guild War channel is a often very empty, and is not worth putting all your energy in this channel. You can organize a guild war by telling other guilds to guild war you, but will require a lot of cooperation.
    -In order to get gifted items, you need to add the gifter to the buddy list, along with 5-day wait in order to gift each other. This is an opportunity to trade with other players, but beware, you can easily get scammed, because scamming is not bannable in this game.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2018
    toons, tamirtov and RedSeven like this.
  3. Drevius

Drevius Comic Book Creator & Clean Up Crew

What Shana said in a nutshell. Game is both good and bad. Community is both good and bad. Developers are pure sh*t.

Draygashi likes this.
  4. Pasha

Pasha Well-Known Member

Shana wildin lol

5. Ahegao

Ahegao Well-Known Member

@Shana tl;dr nobody reading that

Last edited: Jul 19, 2018
    ThisWeaboo likes this.
  6. RedSeven

RedSeven New Member

Thanks for this long compilation of this game. The game seems to produce good results in gameplay but other features such as a shop and trading as you mentioned are sketchy and produce lesser results. The community is full of veterans as said by you too, but most of them sound too good for the good of game as a whole. This must discourage new players from joining, such as me, and since you said the population was small, it seems to be the case.
    I feel compelled to try this game at least, yet it sounds like some of the players are toxic enough to make me exit - especially for the discrimination against European players.
    I'll still need more sources, and I haven't yet looked at the Steam reviews due to them being a tad bit outdated. I'll make my decision, later.

Shana likes this.
  7. [GM]Shadow

[GM]Shadow RedFox Games Staff Member

Welcome to Rumble Fighter Unleashed! As Shana beautifully described above, I don't have anything to say more beyond what was stated I guess. Definitely check out the forums for any information you want and jump into game to try out the mechanics. :)

tamirtov, ModSlayer and RedSeven like this.
  8. Beast2050

Beast2050 Active Member

love dis game started in 07 2nd stage of beta test

9. 271115

271115 Well-Known Member

I remember myself quitting this game because no one could actually grab my interest regarding skill.

Anyway in short to your question
    This game is ass nowadays.

10. ModSlayer

ModSlayer New Member

Shana honey please write my thesis

11. tamirtov

tamirtov Clean Up Crew

I'm better than you.

12. Yukoto

Yukoto Well-Known Member

are u an eu player?

13. TheDL6Incident

TheDL6Incident Creator of Buki

I’m gonna say it again since red fox deleted my post.
    Don’t.

Pasha and tamirtov like this.
  14. Draygashi

Draygashi World Record (Al Hata), CUC

It is worth a shot, but not worth sticking around in my opinion. I've played this game since 2008, and not a lot has changed in the last decade. The little content we get (we have two updates per month) is recycled, something our Korean players (from Gem Fighter) have had forever, or game breaking. There are bugs that have been around since the game originally released in 2007. The developers are money hungry. There are plenty of issues, but this game is still worth a shot to at least try out. It may not be for everyone, but there aren't too many games out there that are remotely similar. This game, in my eyes, is/was a hidden gem. It's best played with friends (and sometimes against friends in extremely casual scenarios) as this community isn't the best. The servers are entirely P2P based so there will always be some lag, whether it is minor or severe. On top of that, because of the P2P servers, it is extremely easy for said players to obtain your IP Address.

TL;DR - Plenty of reasons to try it out, but even more reasons to stay away. This game is worth it if you have at least a little bit of thick skin and an immunity to succumb to the cash grab theme of this game and its loot boxes.

tamirtov, Nooblater and Shana like this.
  15. HumoLoco

HumoLoco Clean Up Crew

na its trash game ever i came back last week. not worth your time not even worth your money on it.

go anywhere else you like to play.

16. Firezilla

Firezilla Clean Up Crew

dont play this game

17. Rigamortis

Rigamortis Well-Known Member

Can't tell if your a new player or a troller.

18. RedSeven

RedSeven New Member

The IP address situation really concerns me, but I also can't believe people DDOS because they're either salty or just doing it for fun. That's a major disappointment, really. Usually games with a loot box system would interest me, but you make it sound like it's not worth it at all? Thanks for your review on the game, though.

19. Draygashi

Draygashi World Record (Al Hata), CUC

It is very easy to obtain IP Addresses. The servers are strictly P2P, so you have to connect with the other players in the room with you. The max room count is 8 players, so it's literally just grab 1 of the 7 other IP Addresses and start stressing until you find your target. Also, with how small this community has gotten, the players who DDoS have lists of players IP Addresses. Plus with Resource Monitor or Wire Shark it makes EVEN EASIER.

As for DDoSing reasons, there are plenty of reasons why the people that resort to that do it. But yes, you can be the target of a DDoS attack for VERY trivial reasons, this community is that immature.

The "Loot Box" system is stupid. You're not even guaranteed permanent items, even after spending hundreds to thousands of dollars on the boxes. I have opened a lot of boxes, the chances of desirable items is very low. Here are a few videos of my box openings in the past.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2018
    RedSeven likes this.
  20. KingxD

KingxD Well-Known Member

Was it this ad ?

tamirtov, Shana and RedSeven like this.