Best cheap keyboard for R climbing?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by wolfierapssss, Dec 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wolfierapssss

wolfierapssss New Member

I was just wondering what the best cheap keyboard is that can do air climbing?
    With my current keyboard, its so hard to climb because every time I press the grab key in mid air, 70% of the time it would not register, despite how hard I press down.

I would greatly appreciate it if you could list the names of the keyboards that worked for you (if you've air climbed bofore) Thanks!

(cheap = less than 100$ I guess lol, but feel free to still list them if its over 100$)
    (I'm trying to beat my friend in a air-grabbing-across-plaza challenge so I win our 10$ bet)

Last edited: Dec 23, 2018
  2. Starberry

Starberry Community Moderator (RuF) Discord Admin (RuF & 9D) Forum Moderator

What's the point of this if purchasing a keyboard most likely cancels your $10 out? If you even win that is.

HumoLoco likes this.
  3. wolfierapssss

wolfierapssss New Member

our pride is on the line too :), its one of those challenges with your bestie

4. HumoLoco

HumoLoco Clean Up Crew

Buy $666 one.

5. wolfierapssss

wolfierapssss New Member

no, I'm actually serious about this

HumoLoco likes this.
  6. HumoLoco

HumoLoco Clean Up Crew

I am serious about it. cuz if you buy an expensive keyboard you will able to do Rclimb and get banned that is.

7. wolfierapssss

wolfierapssss New Member

first, 666$ is way out of my budget, but I would appreciate it if you could name the actual keyboard
    second, I don't think its bannable, especially not in the context of what I'm doing

But I really appreciate your input!

HumoLoco likes this.
  8. HumoLoco

HumoLoco Clean Up Crew

@iwannatouchgirls can help you. I cannot find his account name Tiny or Pen1s af

9. wolfierapssss

wolfierapssss New Member

So after digging around, I found a post (http://forums.playredfox.com/index.php?threads/what-keyboard-do-you-use.45056/)
    made by a fellow player, `Hercule` and basically he said that one of the keyboards that @Starberry proposed (Razer Ornata Chroma) could get him to air climb.

I just have some follow up question:
    1) for @Starberry , since @Hercule has confirmed that the keyboard Razer Ornata Chroma works for air climbing, and you mentioned something about:
    I was just wondering, does this keyboard work as well as the Razer Ornata Chroma? Also, I was wondering how well your other keyboards that you listed (Razer Blackwidow TE (Tournament Edition) Razer Blade Stealth (laptop keyboard)) works in terms of air grabbing compared to the Razer Ornata Chroma? (I'm comparing it to the Razer Ornata Chroma because Hercule confirmed it works so I am using it as a basis)

2) for @Hercule , could you possibly demonstrate your air grabbing skills with your old keyboard vs the new Razer Ornata Chroma one?

Thanks!

Last edited: Dec 23, 2018
  10. Maomi

Maomi Clean Up Crew

Aren't you guys worried you might get banned for this? Make a discord server for peat's sake; You know the GMs are on heavy patrol since that thread spamming incident.

11. lll111123

lll111123 Well-Known Member

Just get a mechanical keyboard lol...

12. Logic

Logic Clean Up Crew

13. wolfierapssss

wolfierapssss New Member

Hi Maomi, this is what i thought too as i am a returning player from OGP. Back in OGP it was considered an bannable offense, but my friend said that its not bannable anymore, especially not in the context of our use.

Hi Logic, thanks! i appricate the input, if you can still do it, do you mind if you show me ingame? and also, how hard would you have to mash the grab to get a grab in the air? (i know grabbing in the air is very sensitive) Also, is it really true that all HALF height hp keyboards can air climb? Thanks!

14. Logic

Logic Clean Up Crew

should be adding in game to ask it

15. wolfierapssss

wolfierapssss New Member

Great! Thanks so much! il add you in game, what's your ign may I ask?

16. Logic

Logic Clean Up Crew

logic

17. wolfierapssss

wolfierapssss New Member

Thanks, since i am busy today, il add you when i get home tonight asap, is that fine?

18. Starberry

Starberry Community Moderator (RuF) Discord Admin (RuF & 9D) Forum Moderator

Sorry for the late response.

The Redragon keyboard I had mentioned a while back works well. Theoretically, any anti-ghosting keyboard from a reputable company shouldn't have any issues. If I were to compare all the keyboards that I have personally used, the easiest one would be my Blade Stealth (but only because it's been my daily driver for over two years now).

I would try a keyboard, and play around with it with the timings and all that. Here are some details of some keyboards below :

• Razer Ornata Keyboard (Mecha-Membrane) : A membrane keyboard that mimics a mechanical keyboard due to it being clicky but is not a true mechanical keyboard. It comes in RGB & in regular green and comes in a really soft wrist rest.

• Razer Huntsman Elite (Opto-Mechanical) : A mechanical keyboard that has Razer's new switch called "Opto-Mechanical" which promises to reduce the key travel distance - therefore making it faster to press keys. It comes in RGB and a really soft wrist rest (improved from the Ornata).

• Razer Blackwidow TE : A mechanical keyboard that does not offer any sort of lighting except for the small Razer logo at the front of the keyboard. The keyboard does not have the number pad feature.

• Razer Blade Stealth : Laptop keyboard. You shouldn't be planning to get this unless you were planning to spend on a laptop anyways. It does not have the number pad feature.

• Redragon Kumara : A mechanical keyboard that comes in either RGB or regular red. It does not have the number pad feature.

19. Draygashi

Draygashi World Record (Al Hata), CUC

Any keyboard that doesn't ghost should work. As long as you can roll the Punch and Guard inputs, you'll be able to air grab

20. wolfierapssss

wolfierapssss New Member

First I would like to thank @Logic for your time in helping me!

Second, thank you @Starberry and @Draygashi for the information. I googled a bit more about 'anti ghosting' and found that my keyboard 6-keys antighosting-meaning I can press up to 6 keys before my keyboard does not register any more key presses (if I press on >6 keys simultaneously , it doesn't work), and I know that I cannot air climb with this keyboard as when I am in the air, it registers the grabs 30% of the time. I was wondering when you guys are referring to 'anti ghosting', what do you mean by this? (ex: 6-key anti ghosting cleary doesn't work, so what # of keys-antighosting are you referring to? Or do you mean it anti ghosting as in the keyboard can press all the keys in the keyboard and register them all?)

(I found out my keyboard is 6 keys-antighosting from this website that a GM posted in another thread: https://drakeirving.github.io/MultiKeyDisplay/)

Also, @Draygashi , what do you mean by roll the punch and guard inputs?

Last, @Starberry , is it possible if you can show me you using the keyboard 'Redragon keyboard' in game?

Thanks guys!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.