So uh.. how do I start now?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Saitis, Jan 1, 2019.

1. Saitis

Saitis New Member

I used to play this game from time to time, back on acclaim, gc and here when it launched, now I wanted to check it out again but I have some questions/problems. Is there like a general guide on how to even begin? Active skill/steps burn 25 mana per use now and (as warrior) I have like 600-700 at RC lvl with 14 ess (for EC relics) there's ton of new drops and crafting (resource thingy) I have no idea how to use xD, like piece of bloody orb or enhancment stones. This 25 VE per active use is brutal, and it goes up to 130 I think, the heck?

Den0ne likes this.
  2. Nitagnelifs

Nitagnelifs New Member

3. Domingo

Domingo Active Member

My guild is to start as healer. Healers are all good

4. BirdbrainX

BirdbrainX Well-Known Member

Yes, all clans and role skills has been revised - particularly the role specific actives (think they cost 25 ve and up).

I would recommend that you continue using your generic clan actives - the ones that cost 1 or 2 ve till you get to CoF and VoH to farm their respective dungeon clothes which you can upgrade into "superior" versions that give life/ve leech. That's what most people do, unless they have already pre-farmed gear that helps mitigate the ve consumption issues of their actives at lower levels.

The Pieces of Bloody Orb drops are primarily used for "deco" crafting. If you like, you can farm stacks of 255 and perhaps sell them to players who wants them. Flowstones and Gold Threads are useful drops since they are used to craft clothes and ornaments. You might want to keep them instead of selling to NPCs. Personally, I have never found any particular use for Pieces of Steel drops, but they do sell for a chunk of gold to NPCs or fetches high value as clan contributions used for learning new Kung Fu skills. Over the course of your grind, you will pick up "Practical Clan books" which are used to craft x3 kungfu skill XP books to train your skills. You will need to buy the regular x2 kungfu skill XP books in order to craft them from your clan's NPC who teaches you the 1 or 2 ve clan actives. F11 will bring to to the resource page, and from left hand side select your clan base and find the resource trade.

Karma relics are mostly unused to my knowledge as there are much better relics that overshine them in this version. But since you're starting out, I suppose there's no harm in using what you have farmed so far. However, most players (myself included) would not recommend putting anymore points into ESS as it is a dump stat. There's almost no benefit in raising Ess and almost everyone I know leaves it at base 8. Even bracers stat requirement has been changed to Wis & Dex.

I hope this helps.

5. Den0ne

Den0ne Member

If youre playing TAO server, give a message to me ( name; Snotaap) and i give you relic that gives 3500 VE.