[THEORY] LUC & Orichalcon Boxes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Maomi, Jan 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maomi

Maomi Clean Up Crew

In theory, we don't know what LUC does for players opening boxes. There are two scenarios; The system uses an equation involving the boxes rates on specified items in correlation to the amount of luck someone has, and if they have an output higher than a rate on a specific item then it's rolled again to either get 30-day, 60-day, permanent, etc. of that item. The second scenario is close to the first. However, the items have specific rates and are being manipulated by the game developers. Let's say that Player A has 190 LUC and they start opening Christmas Boxes. All the items in the box have a single digit number -- items that are 60-day are 10, 30-day are 9s, and the rest is based on how many players have that item. Items such as BF LE scrolls and exocores would be more common due to the Black Friday boxes. However, scrolls and exocores such as the Black Metatron series would be less common as they only have boxes that come out periodically. A scroll such as Abyss BF LE would perhaps be between 6 and 8, while Savate or Yellow Dragon would be a 1 or 2.

Using this system not only are they able to make a monopoly of the boxes on the game but, they are also able to know what boxes the players will most likely pay for -- due to the lack of Yellow Dragon and Savate scrolls being won in previous boxes. This system would also explain the introduction of Orichalcon boxes so NimoniX will be able to monitor what items players are getting and when they need to release a certain box. If results from a bi-monthly period show that players are receiving certain scrolls/exocores in correlation to other items then that would be the box to release as it would have a higher chance of getting buyers. The Orichalcon boxes were most likely released to monitor this system so that they'd know what boxes would be more profitable. In fact, if someone were to look back on the dates that new boxes were released you could possibly find out what item is the rarest at this point in time and conclude what the next box they will release (which in fact I did).

*This is up for discussion and debate.

HumoLoco likes this.
  2. HumoLoco

HumoLoco Clean Up Crew

Lucky never applied to any boxes that you would chance to get perm.

The luck is only to applied earning chests form boss mode they would give up to 2 to 5 chest.

3. Maomi

Maomi Clean Up Crew

This is just a proposition to if LUC did apply to opening chests.

4. WhoYu

WhoYu Well-Known Member

Luck increases your chances of hitting critical hits, or so I heard.

I have never actually worry about those 2 stats.

doston8 likes this.
  5. furkan13muh

furkan13muh Active Member

I don't think LUC has anything to do with your chances of doing critical hits, since there is a CRI stat for that. The more CRI you have, the more chances you have on hitting a critical hit.

It's exactly like HumoLoco said:

HumoLoco likes this.
  6. ToulueVang

ToulueVang Clean Up Crew

True it doesn't. LUC gives higher chance on more chest per bm run.
    Higher crit = higher crit chance.

Wish LUC did that. Because then I would of gotten Yellow Dragon, Sage BLK, and Savate perm long long time ago. Wouldn't have to spend more than $50 lol

7. WhoYu

WhoYu Well-Known Member

Hmm...I always thought that the more crit you have, the more damage your critical hits do.

8. doston8

doston8 Well-Known Member

I think the boxes have set valued rates already built in regardless of luck or not because if you notice the boxes in shop vs the boxes given out every saturday/sunday/special occasions from the attendance thing, the attendance boxes have much higher rates then the normal shop ones faktz. I don't really have authentic proof other than my anecdotal evidence, but hear me out faktz. When those attendance boxes are given out, you will notice so many people get perm items, albeit it may be clothes but still a perm is a perm indeed faktz. For example, last week or so we were given shadow fox corp or w/e box and inside it everyone was getting the perm clothing faktz. I too got a perm clothing piece and the megas were nonstop faktz. In the past, if you bought the shadow fox box from shop, your name would not be in mega non stop the way it was with all the attendance boxes faktz. Leads me to believe that attendance boxes are higher rates indeed faktz :>

HumoLoco likes this.
  9. doston8

doston8 Well-Known Member

naw man faktz. they have eye of critical damage for that indeed faktz.

furkan13muh and HumoLoco like this.
  10. HumoLoco

HumoLoco Clean Up Crew

It would be great if nimonix is going to implement it.

11. Draygashi

Draygashi World Record (Al Hata), CUC

You literally went and made a new thread lol...

Box openings are purely RNG. So boxes don't actually have rates, each item in the box has a specific number assigned to it. Less rare items have multiple numbers assigned to them whereas more rare items have less numbers assigned to them. If you see a commonly pulled item from a box, you know it has a lot of numbers assigned to it.

This quote is from my slightly sarcastic reply to your suggestion of LUC affecting box openings, which you never did give a proper answer. IF LUC DID affect box openings, how would it work? We already know every box pull is RNG. Would the higher amount of LUC limit your RNG to only specific items (obviously the most rare items) and entirely prevent you from pulling a less rare item? If it did this, players would have to stack the LUC stat in order to get decent pulls from boxes, thus emphasizing the pay-to-win factor.

As for how LUC and CRI are based out of 1000, I'm just going off what I was told back in OGP by [CA]Rain. As for the testing, the max CRI is around 800 CRI Timed or 650 Perm so can't really test it out if we can't hit the 1000 mark. The highest LUC perm I've seen was 1005 I think, and the person who had it was IGN V. I'll have him BM with me and see if he gets 4 chests literally every run.

@HumoLoco 4 boxes max, not 5.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2019
    NeoStrayFox and HumoLoco like this.
  12. HumoLoco

HumoLoco Clean Up Crew

Typo rip af

Yea 4 af not 5.

13. Suite

Suite Metatron Master

Highly possible that Luck Stat also affects Gemstones like Iron Skin, Muscle Back, Blood Eater, Etc.

HumoLoco likes this.
  14. Suwoo

Suwoo New Member

Follow

15. HumoLoco

HumoLoco Clean Up Crew

Yea likely very highly possible applied to gemstone tho. Nimonix never tell us what the f**k they do or what do they are affect by luck stats.

Draygashi likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.