Rumble Fighter: 1 vs 1 Demolition Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by [GM]Toast, Mar 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kurama

Kurama Active Member

I feel the tourny was a bit unorganized and confusing...without a doubt Starberry did his part and I understand that it was him learning but he should've had another person with him that is a REAL demo player properly guiding him. He still did a good job as his first but, people were frustrated with how unclear things were.. everyone signed up and many didn't show up.. were they even active prior to the weeks before the announced or what?.. & 2v2 or 3v3 seems great.. Everyone wants a chance I just felt sadly it wasn't executed properly..

Starberry likes this.
  2. Starberry

Starberry Community Moderator (RuF) Discord Admin (RuF & 9D) Forum Moderator

Thank you for putting your level of expectations at a higher scale. I will learn from this tournament and prepare for the next tournament planned.

If you do have tips, tricks or video tutorials on Demolition to share, I am more than happy to take a look at those. Player and personal suggestions are welcome as well.

Thank you!

3. Exocore

Exocore Well-Known Member

The GM Team’s efforts in and out the game seemed there, so thanks.

The tournament was alright other than the lack of enforcement when it came to stalling and hit and run. I like the adjustments you are making based off the obvious flaws of this tournament.

For the 2v2 I would like to see
    • 3000-, 30-, 100-
    • No Avalons
    • No pouch items
    • No stalling/hit and run
    • No back guards
    • Top/last platform on the map is banned. Touching the platform will result in a loss in that round. Both players must jump off the map when the screen starts shifting to the last top platform. No air grabbing or ways of manipulating your fall is allowed at this time.
    • Only carat scrolls. If not, then only scrolls in the shop.
    • No ExoCores

I’ll add more if I can think of anything.

@Starberry did a good job. Although I believe all [TA] duties in game should be done on the [TA] account and not a personal one. I also think it was unprofessional for him to say, “I hope you lose” before my game started, as well as, “I hope you choke” when I was up 2-1.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2019
    Starberry likes this.
  4. Starberry

Thank you for your feedback. For future tournaments, all Tournament Ambassadors will be marked as [TA] to identify themselves, but for example [TA]Spectator (OR [TS]) will be an account to be used for spectating purposes. I generally think it is confusing for participants to be spectated by IGNs that look like every other player IGN.

I bolded the part where you pointed out a very crucial mistake I made, and I appreciate that you wrote in about that. For future tournaments, a bolder sense of professionalism will be upheld and personal comments will be kept personal, outside of tournament related duties.

I hope those comments are not to be taken personal.

Thank you!

Exocore likes this.
  5. NJSmasher

NJSmasher Comic Book Creator & Clean Up Crew

I think the tournament was run relatively well overall, though there are a few things to be considered going forward.

1. The stage should be taken into account before allowing pouch items. On a less restrictive map like Resurrection or Blacktop, things like bombs are much easier to avoid. However in a map like Demolition, it becomes extremely easy to wall your opponent out. The stage's layout should very much be considered when pouch items are being discussed.

2. If someone is getting DDoSed, you better reschedule that match. Sosuke wasn't given a fair shot at 1st and that's honestly kind of unforgivable. Do the match in secret the next day if you have to (maybe record it instead of stream it so proof is still there), but denying someone their match because of something they have no control over isn't fair in the slightest.

Other than that everything went relatively smoothly in my opinion. For real though I shouldn't have won like what? How? Why?

Rinnegan likes this.
  6. Nicki

Nicki Active Member

I’m glad you see that the pouch items really gave these people easy wins. For the 2v2 tournament the rules should be as followed

Stat restrictions
    3000 hp
    everything else

Rules

• No pouch items only exception is Omni Sensors
    • No top platform (you fight until the screen moves to the very top, whoever touches the very touch platform loses. Demolition is all about pressure)
    • No back guards
    • No rare scrolls
    • No exos
    • Only shop scrolls
    • No x2 Panics
    • No Avalon’s
    I’ll more as I think of them

7. Exocore

@Nicki We should record some gameplay of us sparring so they can get an idea of what’s considered actual fighting on demo, and what’s considered stalling til top. Also we can show what we mean by no top platform.

:)

8. Starberry

If you two can, I would like to see some matches of yours if you have any recorded so that we can get a better understanding of what to expect and what is considered “illegal”.

9. Nicki

Nicki Active Member

That’s fine I’ll be on tomorrow. Let me know when

@Starberry youre more than welcome to come when it happens so you can see what we mean

10. Starberry

I’ll see how my schedule is. It’s definitely a good idea to jump right in and test the waters for myself but I think I may need some kind of “tutorial” video or something to get the basics down right.

11. Arceus

Arceus Clean Up Crew

The no top platform rule is pretty excessive. I get it prevents peoplel from just running to top and 1v1ing but maybe it should be allowed at least in case where the fight can't be decided before the screen focuses only on the top.

12. Nicki

Nicki Active Member

@Exocore I’m on now so make yourself useful

13. HumoLoco

HumoLoco Clean Up Crew

Humo speak da truth, da truth hurts, but da truth cannot be spoken.

No. @Starberry dont have to enforce them. All is need the proof or evidence of player's desktop da screen which they shouldn't not create a multi task browser more than 2 tabs, steaming their game, downloading their hentai during game, open turn their ps4, trash box, chill n' netflix, more shet out of their pc, also they are not allow to using hotspot, they are not allow to using free wifi from any fast breakfast such as mcdonalod, starbuck, and shet random. and more shet.

14. [GM]Toast

[GM]Toast RedFox Games Staff Member

Hey guys, here are some results of the survey
    [​IMG]
    • Active pouch items such as bombs and "machine gun" will not longer be used in future tournaments.
    [​IMG]
    • The amount of rounds for each stage of the tournament will stay the same.
    [​IMG]
    • Moonlight Valley Tournament has the most interest in our survey.

HumoLoco likes this.
  15. HumoLoco

HumoLoco Clean Up Crew

Humo disapproved af. That's too much insulted me to play Moon over guild war af.

16. Exocore

@Nicki I am online.

@[GM]Toast Please host a 2v2 Demo tournament asap. This one was not satisfactory bro. Literally just run it back... revamp the prizes a little... change up the rules a bit... easy call.

Draygashi likes this.
  17. Exelon

Exelon Active Member

Bro how am I just now finding out that there was a tournament going on and a 1v1 one at that I cri.

18. KingUnruly

KingUnruly Dominator of the Ice

Stop account sharing please and thank you.

HumoLoco likes this.
  19. HumoLoco

HumoLoco Clean Up Crew

Ooo who did it? I wanna know

20. Starberry

The survey is now closed.

Thank you everyone for your input!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.