[Suggestion/Discussion] BETA Mode Testing

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hercule, Mar 27, 2019.

?

Would you bother being involved in events like Fisticuffs if you could get early access to new modes

1. Yes, I did not play Fisticuffs before but I will now

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No, I don't like Fisticuffs but i'll play something else trivial for early access

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. No, I am not interested in early access. I'll play BETA.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. No, I don't care

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  5. I already play involvement events such as Fisticuffs

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hercule

Hercule Well-Known Member

What is it: BETA Mode testing is as the title suggests, when a new game mode (classic, true battle mode, etc.) is being considered by GM and content team please release a light version for Rumble Fighter to test out first before being implemented.
    - BETA Testing can also be done for other stuff such as nerf's, map restrictions, buffs, test exos, test scrolls, etc.

Why it matters: - By testing out modes you can get the community's early response to the mode without dedicating all manpower just for us to not like it (CLASSIC MODE)(No one gets it right first try ^_^; )
    - Involving the community in decisions like what is going to happen to our game would help build bridges, give us a voice in what happens and retain attentive users
    - Bug testing
    - GM had a thread asking users to create their own game mode. By the sheer amount of attention it grabbed should show the need for something new. Everyone had very different responses for what they think Rumble needs. I believe everyone's suggestions were all centered around the same couple of problems, the way to figure out whats best for the community is to make a mode and tweak it... Why do y'al just let modes die? Do y'all really intend to let Classic Mode stay ass like y'all did Capture the Flag and True Battle mode?
    - Fortnite re-releases modes over and over and tweak's em little by little till their perfect. Each time they add/remove a mode, just by playing around with our options it forces the community to keep it fresh by playing something that wasn't available yesterday or maybe the map they wanted to play isn't there today.

Whom should participate: With the obvious first people being GM's and content team, whom should also be considered in first round BETA testing are winners of community events. Events such as Fisticuffs, Fashonista, Etc. the stuff people don't usually play unless your a Rumble Connoisseur. Those are your real active users. Consider rewarding involved users with privileges like these, not just people whom're great at the game or great at breaking the game.
    *of course none of this should be taken too seriously because the BETA Mode should be public shortly after early access is granted to avoid favoritism.

bigboy060 likes this.
  2. bigboy060

bigboy060 Member

Hmm I Like the idea so far.

Hercule likes this.
  3. Hercule

thank you for your support

4. HumoLoco

HumoLoco Clean Up Crew

TL;DR?

Also nobody cares about new modes tho.

Pasha likes this.
  5. Hercule

damn i thought people would read the title and just guess, its basically a BETA mode for everything. similar to pokemon showdown when they test out if a pokemon or moveset is OP or UP so they have a fake ladder setup to test it, Rumble would have a designated time and server for testing out new scrolls, buffs, nerfs, game modes, etc.

6. Awaky

Awaky Member

A. If it doesn't involve to much work and more money for them... Then they ain't listening
    B. There's alot of sht they announced that we got 0 info on ( the scroll buff as Exemple)
    C. We still waiting for new content like store being updated with actual clothes, new faces as well as android class that was introduced 10years ago and it's almost empty.
    D. They struggling to hand out prizes to everyone on time like df
    Nah man it ain't happening they need more staff and dedicated people

HumoLoco likes this.
  7. Hercule

1. Well, lets take a look at what you just said. Nobody wants to do more work without having a solid plan in mind or else that IS money wasted. Us users want better representation, and having them guess what we want by forum posts is bad because as seen with Classic mode a majority of us are very indecisive. Classic mode is dead, why? Because people don't know what "classic" is. Classic IS technically '07-'08 because that is a whole ten years ago. Problem with that is, we don't actually like '07 scrolls(sorry but no one scroll listed there can make or break this mode) and '08 scrolls are too OU.

As the Android enthusiast said, everyone pulls out ('08 scroll) when they're done with their rare or the room is balanced enough to not have to rely on it anymore. These problems people are having aren't with the scroll themselves, its that no one cares to fight for enjoyment. Everyone wants to dominate and would go to any extent to win. Stats, crits, rares, OP scroll, cheap scrolls, etc.
    tl;dr BETA is designed to test waters, give a niga like Starberry, or any enthusiastic OG the opportunity to run a BETA sever that'll do nothing but test X, Y, or Z, Starberry reports back on X's functionality AND users response to X, Starberry and GM team then sit down and talk about what could happen thats cost effective and user friendly, Content team puts up forum thread voting on possible options that they narrowed it down too, the users vote, its temporarily implemented into the game for last screen testing. All that, and all the team has to do is swap whats being tested as easily as they swap out boxes and call them "updates."

2. I love your frustration, it shows that you care. I care too, and thats why I said we should know these changes and through testing GM toast doesn't have to guess what we want, Community Adviser's can be a proper bridge from user to GM by shadowing the BETA server and get experience running something.

3. Eh, "new" content is up to Nimonix if I recall correctly so I stopped asking. It's like any other job, managers are taking the blame for corporate's **** ups. I run a store, I tell my employee's "go make sales so we can make target", they say "I can't, we've been selling the same sh!t for years at the same price, we need something new", but I can't give them anything new because we haven't made target... Not cost effective(or just lazy)... Customers suffer... Customers complain to employee's. I'm trying not to complain about things that cannot be done by RedFox anymore.
    But I feel you bro. Generations and generations and generations feel. you. bro.

4. Prizes for **** events. Okay the staff is understaffed but even if y'all are understaffed the manpower should still be going towards something productive. Why the hell hire Starberry/a community adviser just to help give out spenders?!

8. Starberry

Starberry Community Moderator (RuF) Discord Admin (RuF & 9D) Forum Moderator

Hey there.

While I am in support of a "Public Test Server" or anything along the lines of that, I am not too sure if it is technically allowed as per company policies. I'll ping [GM]Toast and see if he has any comment on this.

To be clear, I do not give out spenders or any work internally. That stuff is out of my control.

9. Hercule

I apologize, I didn't mean to seem like im accusing you. Thank you for your support. If it is thwarted by company policies than please let me know. As I said in 3, it's time to start barking up the right tree.

10. TheFuzionBranz

TheFuzionBranz Wiki Creator & Manager, Scroll Masters Finalist

Wont work.

New modes dont get appreciation, Everyone goes back to playing regular stuff. Game is too dead to say "Lets make a fun KOTH and have people comme challenge".

Then, GM's decide to release a mode as is or as a beta; Either way if they were going to touch it again they would have done it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.