Kunlun rewamp problems

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by FuriaAlba, Feb 14, 2019.

1. Sirme

Sirme Well-Known Member

An there you have it.. why don't you start with 130% Drop rate.. or a .3% increase

2. Yacha

Yacha Well-Known Member

I would love to synchronize all events and content has in KR. We really don't need high drop rate for Golden Time since all the revamped stuff. As for exp, i don't think we really need it pass 100% as well if we get all of kr content. Since there's really no point of reaching to max since we need to farm for stuff.

Im down for 30% exp, 30% drop, and 2x skill.

3. Sirme

Sirme Well-Known Member

I heavily disagree with you on that..

I am not down for 30% exp, 30% drop and 2x skill

and I am sure i speak for most in the server lol.. atleast for xp..

4. FuriaAlba

FuriaAlba Well-Known Member

First point about they don't have the power to have changes compared to korea is flawed, there's plenty of different outgoings in this game compared to korea, because publishers decide which would be best to appeal their customers in order to generate revenue in different demographics the versions are aiming for. Sure there's limitations to it, but their hands are not tied behind their backs waiting for KR to give them something to work with. It's just a matter of costs vs income and time.

2nd, I only have level 5 band drop rate, which is 2x, I do not have anything else besides that when regarding drop rate, well, not in KL anyway because I know what I have to do to keep getting those items if I really want to, if you did not read the topic from the start to figure that out by now that's a different subject.

3rd, for me personally this subject does not hold much interest as you would expect, it is a problem because of general logic following it, which is higher drop rate = reduced drop rate for important items, the fact that they would only reduce events just to "fix" it is the worst idea in the list of ideas possible, because you don't need events in the first place to get this reduced drop rate going on in KL, level 5 band + drop card is enough to hit yourself in the knee regarding those items. Not to mention level 5 seo wang trigrams that give 110% drop rate, KL drop rate epi, inner 2 drop rate bonus, event drop rate bags, M&D drop rate pill, new prem 30% drop rate buff, future set bonus for level 10 KL relics that will give 110% drop rate, Black Monk epi that gives 300% drop rate and the list can go on without even mentioning sealed stats with drop rate. If reducing drop rate events value is unpopular, I wonder what reducing item bonuses would be? Apocalyptic probably.

This subject was to help other players mostly, because as logic expects stacking drop rate should help you get items faster, not slower to non at all and this happening only on select mobs in KL, again this just shows how reducing event values for the sake of this is by far the worst idea in the bucket, followed in the future by the fact that you should remove gear to get anything worthwhile if you happen to farm KL sacred/furious/fallen/corrupted/rampaging mobs.

Since I am at it, future update that will host new HI cloth set will require formidable amounts of Yellow dragon seals, so much so that even if you create every material that requires yellow dragon seals with 100% chance (they are 10% and can't use MCG) would be a minimum of 7500 yellow dragon seals to make the set, normally players would like to increase their drop rates on furious and corrupted mobs, cause even gold can't help you open enough boxes in first village to get 30 stacks of each seal of white tiger, blue dragon, phoenix and tortoise just to find out 3x is pretty much max you can get after that you will have reduced drop rate for them which goes to these solutions:

-farm gold to open boxes to get faster seals
    -open item mall pouch that give seals

Of course, this isn't everything regarding KL, since making level 2 Heavenly deco in the future requires 200 True symbols of blood sorcerer, that's plenty of symbols to create 200 true symbols, drop rate doesn't help there either. Same for deity books and elemental books.

To summarize, KL requires a ton of items in the future, items that get lower chances to drop once you increase drop rate with or without event, this would by any logic mean there is a problem in the system, therefore there should be a fix, redfox decided a fix isn't necessary because this isn't a problem, it's a feature. Therefor, this topic can be closed followed by this conclusion.

5. Sirme

Sirme Well-Known Member

For the record.. I agree with you.

Let me clarify... I meant.. Redfox will not change anything... as long as it does not give $$ and has already been released...
    We can only adapt...

Not saying other game companies have or cannot.. Just Redfox cannot... because they don't want to. I won't go on because I would be Insulting someone in their own house...

Anyways... take what you can get and g-luck, Later days.

6. dixbutts

dixbutts Well-Known Member

A better solution would be to check and roll on the ENTIRE drop table for the mob, and add every successful roll into a separate list. Then iterate through that list and create the items, starting from the lowest drop rate until you reach the end or maximum item drop count of 12.

Here's a pretty straight forward psuedo-example of how drops should be considered:
    Code:
    std::map< int, DROP_ITEM_INFO* > DropList;
    DROP_ITEM_INFO* pItem = pDNPC->pDropTable->pFirst;

while ( pItem )
    {
        int dropRate = pItem->DropRate;

if ( dropRate > 0 )
        {
            // handle level based drop penalty here
                // if ( pItem->LevelPenalty && levelDiff > 36 )  dropRate = 0;

// handle all drop bonuses here, including character bonuses
            int dropBonus = 0;
            // if( goldenTimeDrop > 0 )  dropBonus += ( dropRate *= ( goldenTimeDrop / 100 ) );

dropRate += dropBonus;
            if ( dropRate > 0 && dropRate > Rand( ) % MAX_DROP_RATE )
            {
                // we successfully rolled for the item, add it to a list sorted by its original drop rate
                DropList.insert( std::make_pair( pItem->DropRate, pItem ) );
            }
        }

pItem = pItem->pNext;
    }

int itemCnt = 0;

// search list in ascending order, so we create items with lowest drop rate first
    std::map< int, DROP_ITEM_INFO* >::iterator it;
    for ( it = DropList.begin( ); it != DropList.end( ) && itemCnt < MAX_MOB_DROP_COUNT; ++it )
    {
        // create item here and count total created
        ++itemCnt;
    }

Sedolh and Sirme like this.
  7. Sirme

Sirme Well-Known Member

Lol, you expecting them to actually look through all that.. and go inside game file to modify and adapt your code?

An then update your code every patch to keep it relevant..

Too much work.. not enough incentive lol..

You must really love 9d to put that much effort...

Commended!!..

8. Gamwsas

Gamwsas New Member

So, in 2021, Kunlun mobs' drops are still all messed up and no rare items drop during event days or with high drop rate gear...

9. Sedolh

Sedolh Active Member

@FuriaAlba can we get a bump on rhis and some info from @Ahri how this 2 year old topic is going?

10. Ozbud

Ozbud Well-Known Member

this issue has been responded to numerous times by red fox.
    Its working as intended.
    People know how/when to get the items they want to drop so I don't know why people are still making a fuss about this.
    I think its nice because it actually gives players an option for something to farm during the week

11. Sedolh

Sedolh Active Member

Oke, then it is what it is. I thought perhaps it was still an unresolved issue.
    I dont mind the farm during the week i like it as well. I justnthoight was still a thing since it glt all of tje sjdden back in the recent post list

12. FuriaAlba

FuriaAlba Well-Known Member

Why would you need me to bump a thread?