this game dead?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by johnvry, Apr 26, 2019.

1. johnvry

johnvry New Member

im a newish player to the game lookin at forums im seeing a lot of either "THIS GAME IS PAY TO WIN OMFG" or just seeing that most posts are inactive for months so im curious is thisgame still kicking and if it is what server / alliance should i go for to get the most help learning gearing and overall understanding of this game

2. Manaphon

Manaphon Active Member

Game is still alive and kicking, people who are content with the game won't really bother wasting their time on forums. That's why you mostly see negative posts on here. I would advise to go to Tao, far more populated than Yin.

P2W really depends on how you look at. People buy from other players on the black market more than RF itself. But with new updates and special events, F2W is becoming more and more viable. You just have to have a long term commitment to it.

Junky91, BossTTV and johnvry like this.
  3. johnvry

johnvry New Member

my other question? clan/alliance sugestions?

4. Sirme

Sirme Well-Known Member

I won't advice going to tao, it is not way populated than yin..

yin iod 3/4 of tao.. and has more pvp.. Yin is starting to get the Tao money grab schemes from people

Tao is more pve... and more expensive in alot of situations..

decide from there...

5. Sirme

Sirme Well-Known Member

its not half, if u look ate he ba its 3/4 when its busy...
    I.e when Vietcongs and everyone logs..

when not logged its half.

6. johnvry

johnvry New Member

king is in yin or tao? also ck hyb? in guides for this? and last question how much will i be forced to pvp in yin because i have a feeling it will take years to be relevant in pvp as free to play

7. johnvry

johnvry New Member

i was told yin is a PVP server how often am i going to be forced into pvp AKA attacked by other players while leveling by people i have 0 chance of beating

8. Sirme

Sirme Well-Known Member

depends on how fast you get strong, and what band u join lol

9. johnvry

johnvry New Member

this really wasnt helpful idk what it takes to be "strong" in this game but with all the pay to win claims i keep seeing it seems quite likely i will not be strong for a long long time as a free to play player

10. Trollamite

Trollamite Active Member

Correct.
    Concentrate on farming needed items. Join a league. Talk farm and enjoy.
    Then later down the road worry about pvp.
    RF has been doing some good events for f2p so take advantage when they come around.

johnvry likes this.
  11. Sirme

Sirme Well-Known Member

I told you the basic you needed..

First join a band... band gives nice stats... and as a beginner.. it will help u level faster depending on the level of the band.
    2 you might meet nice band mates willing to help or spot you..

the faster you level as a free player, the faster you get strong.. If you paying.. you just have to spend a **** ton of money..

And for the final and most important point, I can tell you all you need.. but I haven't got time for that..

I will however point you to where you can get the info you need and its same place I learned..

http://forums.playredfox.com/index.php?forums/game-guides-and-tips.90/

Read the game guides part of forum... its old but still applicable.. and also read the updates, like wardrobe system, refine and xtra slot system.

12. johnvry

johnvry New Member

actually sir this is the only thing you told me up till now everything else came from junky91 and trollamite so please dont act like you gave me... what was it you said "all i need to know" was it? i appriciate the links which i mean obviously i have already seen these and looked through some but still they are useful at least. i wanted relevant information based on players experience within oh idont know the last 2 years . not someone saying depends on how long it takes you to get strong (AKA get good nub). anyways think i have gotten all im gonna get from this thread so thanks to the ones that actually helped

13. lazyl3oy

lazyl3oy Member

All of the tips i give will be for solo play because from my experience most people are solo players in this game.
    Farm the old dungeons green and red tickets you might find a dungeon very suitable place to level at and get some decent ornies. Upgraded versions of set armor also give nicely improved leech. The bead plates set bonus are also decent enough to last a while, so farm them asap. However pieces for plates only drop at green and red tickets not in superior. You can also try to farm gcm purple for some small cash. Dont bother with green or red gcm till you get decent leech.
    You wont really make much money until you can kill weakest mobs at tibet. The weapon drops they give can be sold for decent amount.
    When you get to immortal or higher you can ask a high level friend or band mate to power level you to mid HG or higher at SRS red. Since they will power level you be a decent human being and provide the tickets. When at mid HG you should be able to farm CCD red if you are warrior/hyb. Its the best f2p money making area till you can buy end game equipment. You can also sell daily sealed bead medium for some quick cash.
    First major purchase you make should be a bof / boffm. Then save up for +15 refined weapon with open slots to put your preferred ornies. The rest is up to you.

johnvry, BirdbrainX and Junky91 like this.
  14. Sirme

Sirme Well-Known Member

Actually Sir, I told you everything I had to.. If you would only learn to read... The rest of the comments were quoting @Junky91 and were clearly intended for him...

I said "depends on how fast you get strong, and what band u join lol"
    and that is all you need..
    Rest is common sense, and requires actually just looking at forum which is divided into categories..

Unless you were looking for spoon feeding...

Which you can

But not from me.. When it take 15-20 minutes to browse the last updates..

If you are going to be a prick.. Ask your question correctly next time..

Ask "Hey guys guys I have been got for 2 years, what updates did I miss " or "Hey guys I have been gone for 2 years, what are the new relics"
    instead of saying vague non sense based on hearsay that has no particular answer and is based on personal perspective/ desire to spoon feed or not.. And then crying "ah your answer was not helpful enough.. because I did not care to browse updates and actually find base info for myself.."

This is why people need to learn to read properly... Also learn to make your thread topic relevant to your intent...

Again "depends on how fast you get strong, and what band u join lol" in my perspective is all you need to know. Good day to you Sir, and have a nice life.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2019
  15. johnvry

johnvry New Member

somebody is pissed but needs to take his own advice and read lol you done nothin for no one like i said you didnt tell me s*** and you can **** it buddy. i wont respond to you anymore mr im so high and mighty. get your head out your ass and grow up. GM pls closed thread or w/e you wanna do im done with this fool. ty @Junky91 and @Trollamite and @lazyl3oy
    for the actual information that actually helped lol and you can have a nice life to my **** hurt little buddy

16. rielxph

rielxph Member

go Yin. More fun.