Pet lvl 3 exp buff not working

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ozbud, Jun 28, 2019.

1. Ozbud

Ozbud Well-Known Member

Has anyone else tested pet lvl 3 exp buff yet?

using 100% exp buff from pet on a X2 event should be the same exp as x3 but it's not, its the same as x2. No other exp boosting items have been changed the only difference is the x2 event & pet buff

2. Cytrix

Cytrix Active Member

Yes I can confirm Level 3 Pet buff not working. I already opened a ticket yesterday regarding this issue.

3. Ozbud

Ozbud Well-Known Member

So basically I wasted time, real money to get a pet via item mall, x7 exp card for something that doesn't work. Way to go Red Fox. What else in this update doesn't work?

How about updates actually get tested before the server goes live again? Maybe it'll be fixed in 8 months time like the messed up KL drops

4. Ozbud

Ozbud Well-Known Member

I would consider this a non delivery of products & services under consumer law and if not fixed promptly could attract potential legal action as Red Fox did not exercise due diligence & take reasonable precautions (actually testing an update properly prior to official release) to make sure they were supplying products as advertised

cimaron likes this.
  5. Cytrix

Cytrix Active Member

Well seems like they delivered the product as advertised but they're using a different "definition" of extra xp. Here's their answer to my ticket:
    So I have no idea on what "base" they're calculating the 100% but it gives maybe like 5% more xp and not 100% at all lol. Also they lie about me getting 0.01 more, i got maybe 0.01 more after 3 kills. Which could've been the same without buff aswell. So I can't tell if I got more or not. Need to kill 10 mobs to tell the difference. When in reality it should be visible with one mob alone. I get 0.08 so I should be getting 0.16. Instead I got 0.09 after 3 kills (which as I said could've been the case also without pet buff, i need to try this)
    Why can't they just use these terms as any normal human being understands it. 100% should be exactly twice the amount as before, and not some random number based on some stuff that nobody understands. I EXPECT 100% MORE XP than prior to using the buff. Anything else is SCAM.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2019
    cimaron, Ozbud and begar2 like this.
  6. Alys2

Alys2 Active Member

so hatefull, wow the game is up and run? plus new stuff all the time
    why complain?

7. Steveneleven

Steveneleven New Member

I agree with you. The description doesn't match with the actual results and that's simply unfair. Seriously GMs, if there are other effects/restrictions, you need to specifiy so that people know. The above response is unsatisfactory as:

1) I don't see the '100% xp gain only works for non-golden time event' description anywhere. Therefore, I will assume that the 100% xp gain will work at anytime.

2) For some dungeons, you don't even have the time to test out the exp rate, especially if the boss is tanky af, you're running out of time or you're struggling to survive the poison mist in the dungeon. In these cases, ppl will be logging out, spamming life pills or be already dead. How on earth do you expect ppl to have the patience to test out the exp rate? Also, it's not our job to test if the xp gain is working or not.

3) The part that pissed me off the most is the "..the pet lvl 3 buff.... does work as intended". Umm, if the xp gain does work as intended, then why would the original OP start this thread in the first place? Also, how on earth can people understand what the hell is 'as intended" when you don't even specify/explain what 'as intended' really means?

8. Ozbud

Ozbud Well-Known Member

This was my response

Hi Ozbud,
    Thank you for contacting support. We are able to gain additional experience points while using the pet's level 3 buff and have confirmed that it is working as intended. If you feel that it is not working as intended for you, please provide us more specific information so that we can further look into the report.
    Please provide us your character name and level. The name of the map/dungeon and monster level. Were you in a shared exp party? A video if possible, showing the exp gain before and after applying the pet's buff.
    Thank you,
    RedFox Support

I understand its an increase on the base rate, not the exp I get before I activate the buff but if I get 100% increase from golden time plus 100% from pet it should = 200% increase = x3 event but no. total bs if we don't actually get the 100% guardian update is even worse than first thought.

9. Ozbud

Ozbud Well-Known Member

I like the new content releases, I like the game, I don't even mind the drop/craft rate but constantly releasing new content full of problems that could be avoided by simply doing proper testing is just ridiculous

RingoChan likes this.
  10. FuriaAlba

FuriaAlba Well-Known Member

Experience bonuses all add up and then work on base experience rate, golden time event modifies base xp rate.

If you think the pet buff isn't working you need to remove all other bonus xp stats you have on you and then use it to see the effect.

11. Cytrix

Cytrix Active Member

Well this is no excuse. A player should not have to care what is going on behind the scenes server side and what calculations are going on.
    A player should be able to read the description of an item and buff and understand what its effects are. So when I read that a buff gives 100% more xp t I also expect exactly 100% more xp than i was getting before. It's not enough that it's impossible to level up a pet and even if you have a good pet it's almost impossible to get goot items since searches are too expensive, now not even the buffs work as expected I wouldn't have wasted hundreds of dollars to get a good pet if I knew the only good thing they can do is auto-loot the mob drops (well not even that, since the range is way too samll, you have to stand right next to the item for it to work which again makes no sense). But anyways I could've sticked with a wandering soul to just auto-loot. Since these pets aren't worth using for something else as at all.

12. FuriaAlba

It is the same principle for all stats, the only exception is the 3 hour 10x skill xp pill which works different. The way xp/drop bonuses work is normal, otherwise every xp/drop increase stat would have to work based on the result of the previous making a bigger increase than one would expect in the first place also making which stat is a priority in the chain compared to the others would be a problem.

Also the description is right, the player receives 100% more xp than what they would usually get (base rate) not 100% than what they usually get with all bonuses combined up till that point.

I have previously stated that they should implement the xp bar with numbers as just showing % is pretty lame, altho I understand the lack of interest they have for doing this considering the huge numbers IS levels have (over 100 billion xp points) and that would make people pretty angry seeing such numbers.

13. FuriaAlba

Unless you understand something else in my post, I never said anything about 100% to be better than 500% or anything of the sorts in that regard.

14. cimaron

cimaron New Member

Ozbud, they know what they doing. Be happy u got lv3...i got waste my $ and got lv2 and lv1 they doesnt give us any x4 or x5 event or new map. only bad events only $ for them that they care!!! The question is this game die slowly i mean it nerly empty.. im getting boring same stupid thing everyday full of bugs "texture error" wich they doesnt fix it now this problem with buff lv3 even on lv2 it same thing. But obviously they know that why they make 3.500CC for a damm 1 box !!! but people they are not stupid we not gona sleep forever and burn our $ money!!!! Guys if dont want to do something for us let another publisher seriously...u think customer we only gona waste our real money and that it..we gona keep our mouth shut well im sorry it doesnt work like that people wich they spent a lot $ still doesnt have good gear and they cant compete in PVP, but otherwise on PVE ...so for how long it going on this ???! Not for us a nice event x4 or x5 event to grind we are stuck on is2 most of people!!!!!

Last edited: Jun 29, 2019
  15. Ozbud

Ozbud Well-Known Member

I understand it works on base rate, not multiplying multiplers as you're suggesting. But the fact is I see zero difference using buff or not using buff

16. FuriaAlba

I suggest you test it out using M&D mob killing counter, kill 200 mobs without pet buff then kill 200 mobs with buff, if there's a difference in total amount gained that would mean it works. If you happen to do this test best to do it on same level range mobs to avoid mixed results in case of yellow-orange-red mobs different bonuses in xp.

I would do it myself, but I don't have a pet that's over level 3 and I wouldn't be interested in getting one in the reasonable future either.

17. Ozbud

Ozbud Well-Known Member

I only grind orange mobs in KL anyway, yellow is depressing exp lol.

I don't blame you about the pets, not really worth it

KaMiguel likes this.