upgrade blood sorcerer quest

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cerberir, Dec 8, 2019.

1. Cerberir

Cerberir Member

I heard that there're quests in KL that let you upgrade your Blood Sorcerer to Wave then to Repel and still keeps refinement level, is that true?
    -Can you name the quest and its level requirement please?
    -Are those quest hard?
    I'm really appreciated if someone can link me a guide or atleast write a summary for me, thank you very much!

2. Bankz

Bankz Active Member

Purify Kunlun is the quest for wave then you'll get repel quest that will take you to Tibet.

3. Cytrix

Cytrix Active Member

Ozbud does both quest series in some of his youtube videos. The tibet one is called different, I think the Tibet quest (wave to repel) contains the words like "shaking sky..." or something, but you should find it if you check ozbuds videos.

4. Cerberir

Cerberir Member

and I heard that since Kunlun was revamped, now the bosses for quest are super tougher, and need pt with 4+ players level IS2+ to defeat them, is that true?

5. Cytrix

Cytrix Active Member

In general thats true yes. If you're OP however, you can solo them. I am nuker and solo them with meele weapon. But I recommend a team with a hybrid in it, since they can debuff the boss and it gets much much easier.

6. Cerberir

Cerberir Member

I was planning to buy a Wave bracers and upgrade it later since Repel one is too expensive, however, if we need to be IS to defeat the boss then it's like a no dream for newbie like me :(

7. Bankz

Bankz Active Member

Grind grind grind

8. BirdbrainX

BirdbrainX Well-Known Member

No, that is inaccurate.

The quest you might be referring to is the RTE "Purify Kunlun Pt 1 to 5" questline. This involves killing of about 1,000 to 2,000 general mobs of varying tankiness, and a fair amount of KL bosses such as Foxys, Gokus, Queens, and Smashers. The final reward of the questline is a scroll that allows you to upgrade a HG 12 lv 1 weapon to lv 2 (wave) with 100% success rate, assuming you have the needed materials from potala garden mobs to upgrade them as well.

Upon completion of the Purify Kunlun questline in KL, you should prompted with a new quest that asks you to report to Tibet's Potala exterior NPC for the RTE "Shaking the Sky with Righteous Beats" questline. Since I am still in the midst of doing this questline myself, and from what I've gathered from fellow players who have completed it, it is said to involve doing repeated runs of potala dungeon from purple, to green, to red. The final reward of this questline from what I am given to understand is another scroll that allows you to upgrade a HG 12 lv 2 (wave) weapon to lv 3 (repel) with 100% success rate, similar to the earlier one from the previous questline. Naturally, you will need to gather the materials for the repel weapon upgrade as well.

-edits: The refinement level of the base weapon is retained. Do note that there has been some conflicting information on the forums regarding the 100% success rate of the scrolls, but to my limited knowledge, no one has failed the upgrade when using the scroll.

I am not able to recall when I have initially received the Purify Kunlun questline, but I suspect it was during HI levels. Perhaps others on the forums can correct me if I am mistaken.

To the average and decently geared players? Yes, it is.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2019
  9. Ozbud

Ozbud Well-Known Member

I've got some youtube videos of certain parts of the quests. Takes a very long time to do them all. Repel is cheap now, especially on Tao. It would be much better use of your time to farm the gold & buy a +15 repel, it wont take anywhere near as long as doing the quests. Easier and less frustrating too.

10. BobThePriest

BobThePriest Active Member

Killing the blood sorcerer (pt4) will take somewhere between 10 and more hours alone.

11. BirdbrainX

If I remember correctly, that would be the one where you are required to kill 250 for each of the 4 different types of blood sorcs on KL map - making that a total count of 1,000 mob kills. Sounds about right. They are hella tanky and sometimes respawn too slowly. :(

12. BobThePriest

BobThePriest Active Member

4x 150

13. Cerberir

Cerberir Member

I'm so confused between:
    -buying Wave+15 bracers for abt 3bil and try to do the quest later to upgrade it
    -save more gold to buy Repel+15 bracers right away
    The problem is Repel costs abt 10b in Tao, really huge difference :(

14. Bankz

Bankz Active Member

I mean it's the second best wep in game atm lol
    I will say the repel quest is challenging if your not mid-high geared....

15. Trollamite

Trollamite Active Member

The repel mcg should be used to turn wave to repel if its +16 or higher imo. A +16-18 repel is way more exspensive than wave.

16. BirdbrainX

Does it REALLY have to be a +15? ;)

Pretty sure you get a much lower price for a +14, especially with all the weapon boxes that players seem to have gotten, plus players will slowly be transitioning to the new weapons soon enough. The damage difference between a +14 vs a +15 isn't all that much if all you're doing is PvE. I myself am merely making do with a wave 14. o_O

Last edited: Dec 11, 2019
  17. Cerberir

Cerberir Member

what are the gear and level requirement specifically for that quest?
    I did try to find +14 Repel too but it's too hard because Divine TS is not expensive so people will use it to +14 and sell for higher price :(

18. Bankz

Bankz Active Member

For the quest, you have to defeat Potala bosses (Purple, Green, and Red) multiple times. So if you've ran Potala before, you know exactly how easy or hard it is for you. :)

19. Ozbud

Ozbud Well-Known Member

If I remember correctly it's 10 purple, 20 green, 30 red.

Or maybe 10, 15, 20 but I think it was 30 red runs. Bloody hard for a warrior to do with no party but eventually I made it with just a pocket healer for buffs

20. BirdbrainX

Its 30 purple runs for pt 3 of the questline.