Activity levels? Server Merge?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dustydogg31, Dec 11, 2019.

1. dustydogg31

dustydogg31 New Member

It has been about a year since I last played (Tao). I have been away and unable to play due to employment purposes. I do miss the game and would like to return, however I remember that game was so dead. There was talk about possibly merging servers. Any progress with that? How is the activity levels of the game, still dead?

2. VietGermanGamer

VietGermanGamer Member

Define "dead" - MMORPGs like 9Dragons just fall in every aspect behind the actual gaming world. There are no new players starting a game which goes pay2win. There still are ppl in game, just check popularity out yourself. Better not let others decide how "dead" sth is to you ^^

3. Lidiaanamihai

Lidiaanamihai Active Member

This is not a mainstream game. There are 3 periods in the year when population is higher. This month is usually the peak for a few reasons. When they increase cap level we have also higher then usual population. By no means this statement should be understood like tens of thousands actively playing the game. We can estimate the player base by looking at ppl registered in bands. For Wu Tang there are between 500-600 players Wu Tang is not the most popular clan but is in the middle so I will take 600 as a medium number. We can multiply this by 6 and the general registered population in bands should be around 3500-4000. From this number just a part are playing actually. I am guessing there are around 600-700 chars active. Most active players play at least 2 chars so that cuts the number of really active persons playing the game around 350. It is my guess based on what I see. The number is a lot higher in this month and a lot lower in let s say February. I am talking about Tao server. So again by no means this is a highly populated game. The age of the game and like the other comment states the fact that is 100% pay to win keeps some people away. This game is played mostly by persons that are in their 30s for nostalgia. And this is one of the reason they can afford to keep it pay to win. A 35 years old has more financial means than a 16 years old but has also a lot less time to grind. Merging the servers is not an options because the people playing on yin are looking to get different things compared with those playing on Tao. One is here for the thrill of the pk other is for crafting farming and chatting with random people about random things. However you don't need a big community but a nice one to make you enjoy the game. This is why people are regretting acclaim times. Back then the game was awful, unbalanced and with no real items but the community was very nice. Anyway if you decide to play I wish you best luck.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2019
  4. Lidiaanamihai

The autocorrect is trolling me so hard so I apologize for the typing errors. For the syntax errors you can blame my op engrish skills.

5. dustydogg31

dustydogg31 New Member

Thanks for the response. Personally, I loved acclaim times. BP was always packed and you didnt need to be a super high level and you didnt need to spend a ton of $$$ to have fun. In my opinion, merge the servers to get player population up and limit PVP to Bloody plains. Then everyone wins. For now I'll just reminisce about the old times I suppose.

6. Eroine

Eroine Well-Known Member

Acclaim in the same time broke up the community because refused to give the base of dates with players characters to the new publisher. Everybody found in the meantime another game to play, more professional handled and give up on 9dragons (period of transition to the new publisher and template characters).

Before all bands were like a small family, now the game is more individual based than group play. Let us not forget this year K have an event to celebrate 14 years of 9dragons, it has been 14 years since many of the veterans started to play. To resist in a game so long you need patience. Many of the old players I know took breaks, play something else and come back . If the game resisted so long, it will not die so easy.

I believe from my experience that people will play again when new map Hainan will be release so, the servers population will go up. We will see more activity then. K is ahead of us with content so we will get more content that will make players happy to play again.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2019
  7. Lidiaanamihai

The reason BP is deserted is simple. One person (pay or free to win) that is in top 10% as strength (item wise, level means nothing, you can make 1 char from LVL 0 to cap Exp in a week if you invest a couple hundreds to get some core grind items) so one person in top 10% can solo kill the others 90% by himself by 1 shooting people without taking any damage. No one likes to be pked in 1 shot, it makes them feel bad about themselves as gamers (even tho is not their fault is just like this MMORPG Works). Si if they do what you say BP might be populated for 1 week or so until you realise fighting someone that is infinitely stronger than you is no fun for you yr for him. For you cause u don't have a chance and for him cause you are not a challenge. This MMORPG is not a game of skill, is not a game of level is a game of builds (by build I mean items). Against someone who has 1600-1700 Crit def you will do most likely 50-300 DMG. That is nothing when opponent has over 300k HP. That happens to 90% of ppl trying PvP. That is why I don't really see ppl in BP even when bvw. They don't want to be 1 hit kill. On farm map is something like a cold war between strong players. Something like if you attack my league I am going to decimate yours. Strong vs strong is an endless battle and you won't see often strong players hunting each other cause that means nor will farm on both sides. Last big war on Tao was between 2 groups of ppl to have a place at the table. This statement means they were fighting for KL bosses. Now the second group has its share so all is quiet. They are like 4 factions taking turns for those bosses. The next big brawl will be caused by the greed manifested by one of the factions. Anyways not important. I hope I made it clear why you can't have a BP acclaim style anymore.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2019