Potala fresher

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cerberir, Dec 18, 2019.

1. Cerberir

Cerberir Member

Hi guys,

This is my 1st time to join Potala with my friends, we've never come there so I tried to read the "Potala tips" before that. We're still weak so only can did Purple run. However, after finishing the dungeon, none of us got the epithet. We asked in guild and someone said we should abandon all quests to make sure bug would not happen. Then we followed his advise and ran purple Potala again, but this time still none of us got epithet. Anyone can please kindly explain to us how to get it? We just want an epi to play the game easier abit. Thank you very much!

2. jerometazer

jerometazer Member

Hi Cerberir,

Your guild is correct; you cannot have active Potala quests when you're trying to get epithet. Also according to GM, "When you have 15 or more open quests, you will be unable to obtain any new epithets, as all epithets are considered quest rewards," so make sure you don't have more than 15 active quests after you've given up all Potala ones.

Lastly, Potala epithets are not under "Slaying Epithet." They are in fact "Adventure Epithet," so check there as well. Good luck~

3. Cerberir

Cerberir Member

the problem is: we tried 2 more runs after abandoning all quests we have in quest logs and entered the dungeon, but after killing the boss none of us received epi.

- Is the epither 100% receivable or random as drop rate?
    -Do we need to finish other quest before that or reach certain level?

4. JaydenLi

JaydenLi Active Member

your problem is 2 person killing the boss, one of you have to, if you are unable and need help, one of you needs to relog before the boss dies. it does not matter who KSes, if 2 person hits and both are there when it dies, no one gets epi

5. Trollamite

Trollamite Active Member

What server and what clan?

6. Ozbud

Ozbud Well-Known Member

Dying during dungeon can sometimes prevent getting epi and sometimes just don’t get epi for no reason at all.

7. Ozbud

Ozbud Well-Known Member

Wait until you have a list of people that want red epi and you get runs with no epi run after run. Wastes a lot of time and gets annoying real quick

8. BirdbrainX

BirdbrainX Well-Known Member

The trick is to give up ALL ongoing quests you have in the quest menu. If you have any "persistent" type quests that reappears again after you have given them up, leave the quest "box" on your screen, drag it to a corner (for example - over the mini map) and leave it there while entering the dungeon. The quest "box" should disappear into the background after you enter the dungeon.

Once inside, you will have to clear the stages until you reach the last room and clear the mobs till the Dark Spirit Asoje appears. He is the boss that gives the potato epi. From experience, the epi is granted to the one that deals the most damage to the boss, and is listed under the Adventure Epithet list. Also ensure that your Adventure List has space for new epis (max 20/20).

I hope this helps.

9. Cerberir

Cerberir Member

I followed the same steps, but I think the reason were:
    -We all attacked boss till the end, and none relog so none got epi
    -We all died alot and had to use panacea to revive many times.

10. BirdbrainX

Strange, usually the epi is granted to the one that does the most dmg to the boss. You can easily identify who that person is by the name attached to the drops from the boss after his death. That should be the person that gets the epi, assuming he/she does not have any active quests in the quest menu.

Edits: If you and your party are having such a hard time with purple potato, try asking your league for assistance. My band/league are always willing to help out for epi runs whenever members asks for it - and when it isn't a major inconvenience to those helping of course.

11. Eroine

Eroine Well-Known Member

Try borrow some better items from your in game friends to make more damage on boss. We help this way the guy or girl who wants to take the epithet. We notice when we made epithets rounds with league that if you die by mobs and boss and revive sometimes you will not get epithet.

We do it like this : one of the high level usually tank the last boss and stops at 5% than tank with no weapon till 2% than relog and the guy who wants epithet tanks till the end. If he is too low he will be assist by healer.

Maybe the rest from your party should relog at 1% and the guy to goes for epithet (with damage items) to tank it till the end. Be careful the boss heals fast.

If you play in Yin white clan we will help you with the epithet.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2019
  12. Cerberir

Cerberir Member

our league is almost dead, with 99% people offline so maybe we should wait later to do it then.
    We're in Tao, ty for advice!

13. Trollamite

Trollamite Active Member

If you are black side I will help you. Message me ingame WakeyBakey

14. [CM]NineArts

[CM]NineArts RedFox Games Staff Member

More so, if you have ever accepted any quests involving Potala Purple, you will have to complete that quest before you can get the epithet. Giving up the quest will not work.

15. Cerberir

Cerberir Member

I received 2 RTE quests named: Purple Potala and Green Potala, but I abandoned them before entering dungeons. Also I don't know how to finish those quest, they requires me to kill 3 bosses or mobs somewhere

16. Eroine

Eroine Well-Known Member

In one of my toon case last month I gave up all potala quests and I could get the epithet in red run.

17. BirdbrainX

I think the quests you are referring to are the RTE Purple/Green/Red Potala Fortress quests. To complete them, you will have to kill the following 3 bosses within the respective colour dungeon runs.

1st stage: Evil Yuan Shao
    2nd stage: Furious Pass Deva
    3rd stage: Dark Spirit Asoje

Once you have completed this quest, you will be given another RTE quest that rewards you with a "quest epi pill" of sorts for each of the respective colour runs. To complete each of these quests, you will be required to make multiple dungeon runs of the same colour - killing the same 3 bosses inside those dungeons.

Purple variant: Mighty Strength
    Green variant: Close to Immortal
    Red variant: Invincible Strength

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Each of the above has slightly better stats than their respective colour epis that one gets from just killing the final dungeon boss. However, these "epi pills" are not transferable and are locked to your account, but you can store them and use them on another character within the same account.

Edits: In case you were curious. The first image is what the Mighty Strength potato epi looks like, and the second image is what the epi looks like now after a bug introduced during the 2019 Halloween event patch changed its appearance. You might have seen them around.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

The original potato Mighty Strength epi looks highly similar with the regular purple potato epi, with the exception of the word "Real" in front of it.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2019
    Perfection likes this.
  18. Ozbud

Ozbud Well-Known Member

That’s misleading info right there, it IS possible to get the epi by giving up the quests and not completing them. Done it on a couple of my own characters and helped many others...