[Question] How big/active is this game? Is it worth playing in 2020?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CrusaderLeo, Feb 10, 2020.

1. CrusaderLeo

CrusaderLeo New Member

Hi! I was thinking of trying to play this game. I know that it is old but I would like to know if there are still a lot of people playing it. Is it worth trying out or should I just move on to another game? I used to play GetAmped 2 back in the day and I was interested in this game because it features the same brawler/beat-em-up gameplay that GetAmped 2 has.

2. Sasori

Sasori Active Member

The population is very low, give it a try to see if you like it. Don’t spend any money.

3. Pasha

Pasha Well-Known Member

^This^

4. ProfessorZtar

ProfessorZtar Community Advisor (Rumble Fighter)

As someone who tried to play GA2 after playing this game for years, I'd say you might like this game more. The controls are all super responsive, the double jumps feel great, and you won't feel like you're constantly fighting against ice physics like GA2's movement, ha ha. It has a lot more options for free players than GA2 too, in terms of good items, and getting the currency is pretty easy if you play at least 1 hour each day, due to the daily quests. New players even get a boost in getting carats (the currency in question) from their beginner quests, along with some free permanent items.

There are, of course, a few issues with the game. Mainly, Lag makes games unfun if it gets too bad, and there's a lot more trash talking / negativity / general unpleasantness to be found from other players than what I've seen in GA2.

My recommendation:
    Play through each of the Adventure mode levels at least once, especially the DH-Series ones, to quickly rack up EXP. Level ups early on are great since they always give you something. After level 25, level ups are useless, so by that time, you're just playing for the fun of it. I would also recommend saving the carats for skill items first before worrying about your character's looks. If you want to have fun pulling off neat combo moves, I'd suggest getting the Striker Class for their 41,500 carat scroll "Another Avenger" and combining that with either the "Heaven's Fist" or "Martial Arts Soul" exocores. If you just want to win regardless of how anyone feels about you, though, I would suggest using the class Soul Fighter for their extra start in the speed stat, the scroll "Muay Thai", and the "Tactical Bow" exocore.

NeoStrayFox likes this.
  5. Hercule

Hercule Well-Known Member

Definitely worth playing. Even if this game dies this year it was definitely nice knowing it.

TheGoDWatts likes this.