[ERROR] XKernel: Communication closing

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Erlangga, Mar 12, 2020.

1. Erlangga

Erlangga Member

Ok.. this getting on my nerves a bit, I thought it was just minor annoyance that usually resolve it self after some restart.. but it's been almost over 3 days now..

I got this error/bug that I never ever encounter before.. The error is "XKernel: Communication closing".. as shown bellow..
    [​IMG]
    It occurred on 10-15 or so minutes after smooth log-in either in-game or character screen.. it close down the client after a few seconds or after clicking 'OK' or 'X' button..

The error obviously is XKernel related.. so here what I had done:
    • Deleting Gameguard folder.
    • Putting the GG and 9D client on exclusion list (and latter disabling the AV).
    • Re-installing the client (this usually solved the XKernel related error).
    All to no avail.. It kinda pointless to get on the game when you're booted out every 10-15 minutes.. Can't really do much in that span of time..

2. KProphetK

KProphetK Well-Known Member

Try resetting your router or modem.

While that's restarting, reinstall the game.

Not sure if it will work, but has worked for me in the past.

3. CsNorbi88

CsNorbi88 New Member

stop using win10 on my pc i get lots of texture errors (win10) but none on my laptop (win7)
    good luck figuring out what u shoud use

4. duanvdberg

duanvdberg New Member

Having the same problem, anyone got a fix?

5. Erlangga

Erlangga Member

I tried it, I even tried reinstalling the game through Steam.. still getting the error, although 1st login was a bit longer I managed to get the 2nd daily rewards.. after that it's back to 10-15 min, sometimes even less..
    I'd got to the point of firing-up my old 2015 Inspiron with win7 just to see if it works.. but alas the error persist..
    Well.. I kinda given up.. last time I really in the mood to logged in to play was 4 days ago (well I tried once few minutes ago, and still got it).. so if you somehow got around it, I would appreciate much if you could share your fix..

EDIT: I begun to think its something about my Acc or IP.. although, I'm using my home's network/WiFi and sometimes tethering on my phone, which I presume should never triggering anyway of violating the ToS by multi-login.. and unless my account is compromised, those who knew me in game would agree that perhaps I'm the most laid-back character.. I don't strive for the top list/gear or anything both in PvE and PvP, I don't get to name calling on being killed, I don't hesitate to part with a few trivial thing I collect through grinds to a friend or stranger alike.. coz I only play for the sake of nostalgic feel of it..

Last edited: Mar 18, 2020
  6. KProphetK

Have you tried not using steam but using the RF launcher?

And do you have any other firewalls or anti virus running on your pc other that windows firewall and defender?

If so deactivate them and try.

7. KProphetK

This issue has nothing to do with what version of Windows one uses, it's been around since I started playing back in February 2007 and was on windows XP.

8. duanvdberg

duanvdberg New Member

I deactivated my antivirus, haven’t been kicked out since. Hope it works for you!

KProphetK likes this.
  9. KProphetK

Glad it help you get back in.

Antivirus and firewalls can block GG from communicating with it's server and the game server, causing this issue.

Had it hundreds of times, especially after a big update.